Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

AAAA State Championship - Hobart v. Roncalli

4 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

Why's that? New Pal, CE, Cathedral are all up classes still. Does Chatard bump up? I'm honestly behind on moves so it's an honest question. 

Dwenger is still up as well. So not sure why 4A will be so different next year. Seems only difference is Chatard but will be paired with Roncalli so it is muted. 4A is always quality but I don’t think the quality is any different next year 

10 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

Why's that? New Pal, CE, Cathedral are all up classes still. Does Chatard bump up? I'm honestly behind on moves so it's an honest question. 

Chatard along with a lot of underclass returning for Roncalli, Mooresville, and Mt Vernon.

But as @Lysander said - only one of Chatard and Roncalli will make it out of sectional.

9 minutes ago, SAC_Coach said:

Dwenger is still up as well. So not sure why 4A will be so different next year. Seems only difference is Chatard but will be paired with Roncalli so it is muted. 4A is always quality but I don’t think the quality is any different next year 

Don’t disagree - since CE, NP, Dwenger and Cathedral are still gone.  With that, Roncalli is much improved (being ranked in Sag Top 10) and I’d expect EC, Mt. Vernon, Memorial and Mooresville to be as good or better in the South.

It’s still not going to be what it was before the SF.

Edited by Lysander

13 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Roncalli, Mt. Vernon, East Central, Mooresville, EV Central, EV Memorial, East Noble, and Marion. Anyone I am missing?

I would lump EN and Leo together, whoever comes out of sectional 19.  Leo brings a lot back just like EN.  How will Hobart be next year? Who's the favorite in the north? I know Marion is graduating like 20 seniors.

2 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

How big is Roncalli’s line?

Don't have exact measurements but from watching their game with Chatard, every lineman looked to be above 6'4" and at least 270-280. Couple of them pushing 3 bills.

I also haven't seen Danville mentioned yet. If they beat Chatard tomorrow (which is probably at least 50/50 chance), they will bump up to 4A. Sounds like they may be close on enrollment as well.

1 minute ago, TheDoctor22 said:

Don't have exact measurements but from watching their game with Chatard, every lineman looked to be above 6'4" and at least 270-280. Couple of them pushing 3 bills.

I also haven't seen Danville mentioned yet. If they beat Chatard tomorrow (which is probably at least 50/50 chance), they will bump up to 4A. Sounds like they may be close on enrollment as well.

I Checked their starters, from looks the average is around 6’3 260

54 minutes ago, Lysander said:

The Hobart kids played with class in a difficult situation.

They got their asses kicked by a pp juggernaut

Edited by DT