Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2020 HNAC Football Final Standings

Hoosier North Athletic Conference Football 2020

Because of missed games there was NO Conference Champion Declared

Final standings listed by percentage
Pioneer 5-0, LaVille 4-1, North Judson-San Pierre 5-2, Knox 4-2, Winamac 3-2, Triton 2-4, Culver 1-6, Caston 0-7

Hoosier North Athletic Conference Offensive Most Valuable

Ezra Lewellen, Pioneer

529 yards rushing in four HNAC games

132.3 average

16.0 average 

33 carries

70 run scrimmage from scrimmage

7 touchdowns

Hoosier North Athletic Conference Defensive Most Valuable

Sam Smith, Caston

70 tackles in 70 games

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

1 hour ago, Cover 4 said:

I think it’s pretty obvious to everyone who the conference champion was.

Yeah . . . . pretty obvious.

Not all conference games were played, therefore, NO champion.

When, I believe eight games were NOT played, there can not be a champion.

Why must the topic continue to be debated.

Just leave it rest.

from_the_sidelines007

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

Yeah . . . . pretty obvious.

Not all conference games were played, therefore, NO champion.

When, I believe eight games were NOT played, there can not be a champion.

Why must the topic continue to be debated.

Just leave it rest.

from_the_sidelines007

I’m just trying to get a logical reason why an undefeated team who beat the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th placing teams isn’t being named conference champion.  

My biggest question is how a kid gets any kind of mvp award for a conference when their team doesn’t even win a conference game. I’m not saying sam isn’t a good player but surely there was a more deserving player from any of the teams that had conference wins. We faced solid defensive players across the board from Laville, Judson etc. 

When a team is on defense for the majority of most games of course their stats will be inflated. I just think the team wins should be taken into account. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, FarmerFran said:

My biggest question is how a kid gets any kind of mvp award for a conference when their team doesn’t even win a conference game. I’m not saying sam isn’t a good player but surely there was a more deserving player from any of the teams that had conference wins. We faced solid defensive players across the board from Laville, Judson etc. 

When a team is on defense for the majority of most games of course their stats will be inflated. I just think the team wins should be taken into account. 

And they didn’t get to play a full conference schedule. So if the conference can give these awards, couldn’t they award the conference champ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mayo77 said:

Just looked.     So doyle has 21 tackles in 4 games and gets all conference but qb from Knox had 14 td's in 5 games and doesn't even get honorable mention. Clearly pioneer was conference champ.   Decision makers in this conference are a joke.    Wish they would just vote 1st team and 2nd team all conference and hey maybe next year a conference champ.   Assclowns.

I saw Pioneer’s freshman QB/DB play a few times. I think he has a very high ceiling. 

Just now, DE said:

I saw Pioneer’s freshman QB/DB play a few times. I think he has a very high ceiling. 

Sorry @Mayo77  I apologize. I misread your initial post that prompted me to respond about the Pioneer QB/DB. 

I feel like there are some coaches (or ADs, not sure which) in this league who have bought into the "participation trophy" mentality.  They've messed up the MVP award more than once - see 2018 - and hand out all-conference based on each coach's list of favorites.  Let's give the MVP to players who actually make a difference in game outcomes.  And let's award all conference to the best players at each position - 1st and 2nd team like @Mayo77 said.  Make the awards mean something!  I don't care of you're the best player on your team, if you aren't one of the best at your position you should not be all-conference!  (BTW - Sam Smith is a very good player and would definitely be on my 1st team all-conference at LB.)

• Like 3

Offense

OL

Mason Schnurple, Logan Schultz, Dylan Marin, Jeremiah Farrell and Brennen Benson

QB 

Zac Rose

Backfield

Gunner Wagner, Shane Schuman, Ezra Lewellen

WR/RB

Andrew Dill, Addai Lewellen

Defense

DL

LeGrand, Taylor, Owen Frasure and Amsden

LB's 

Gabe Lovins, Sam Smith and Gaumer

DBs

Eli Blount, Russell Compton, Brock Robinson and Cade Short

That's what I think

Edited by TheStatGuy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, TheStatGuy said:

Offense

OL

Mason Schnurple, Logan Schultz, Dylan Marin, Jeremiah Farrell and Brennen Benson

QB 

Zac Rose

Backfield

Gunner Wagner, Shane Schuman, Ezra Lewellen

WR/RB

Andrew Dill, Addai Lewellen

Defense

DL

LeGrand, Taylor, Owen Frasure and Amsden

LB's 

Gabe Lovins, Sam Smith and Gaumer

DBs

Eli Blount, Russell Compton, Brock Robinson and Cade Short

That's what I think

This is way it should have been.  Maybe add 1 more DL, LB, WR, and 2 TE'S

1 hour ago, Mayo77 said:

Probably same reason couldn't figure out who conference champ was.      Too difficult.     

I would think that would be easiest award to give, the guy that has never lost a conference game should get the award until his team loses.

57 minutes ago, Cover 4 said:

I would think that would be easiest award to give, the guy that has never lost a conference game should get the award until his team loses.

Common sense would be way too difficult for this conference.  

• Like 1

On 11/24/2020 at 7:39 PM, Mayo77 said:

Just looked.   4 games.   Nevermind 

Due to injury, Doyle played 2 HNAC games. He played 4 total games, including 2 IHSAA state tournament games.

I'm sure that it is up to each coach whether a player(s) should have been considered for All-Conference without an injury to prevent them from playing.

Not sure if the HNAC has a minimum games to play to be considered for all-conference consideration or not.

Above my pay grade.

from_the_sidelines007

Several thoughts on this fine Thanksgiving morning.  First, I am grateful for the season that we had.  From week to week it was stressful with covid and contact tracing.  I’m probably not the only person who was relieved when the games would actually kickoff.  Sometimes getting to Friday was the biggest challenge this season.  For those couple hours on a Friday night things almost seemed normal.  Second, obviously Pioneer is the conference champion and if they aren’t printing shirts from the Winning Edge they are missing out on a golden opportunity to celebrate another great season.  Finally, the conference itself should have done a better job outlining how this season will go from the jump.  They should have discussed the various outcomes with schedules and how teams would be rewarded with all-conference selections at the end.  But they didn’t and that is how you end up here.  I look forward to a season of normalcy, hopefully, in 2021.  Until then stay safe.  

6 hours ago, Duke of Denham said:

Several thoughts on this fine Thanksgiving morning.  First, I am grateful for the season that we had.  From week to week it was stressful with covid and contact tracing.  I’m probably not the only person who was relieved when the games would actually kickoff.  Sometimes getting to Friday was the biggest challenge this season.  For those couple hours on a Friday night things almost seemed normal.  Second, obviously Pioneer is the conference champion and if they aren’t printing shirts from the Winning Edge they are missing out on a golden opportunity to celebrate another great season.  Finally, the conference itself should have done a better job outlining how this season will go from the jump.  They should have discussed the various outcomes with schedules and how teams would be rewarded with all-conference selections at the end.  But they didn’t and that is how you end up here.  I look forward to a season of normalcy, hopefully, in 2021.  Until then stay safe.  

Here here. 

22 hours ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

Due to injury, Doyle played 2 HNAC games. He played 4 total games, including 2 IHSAA state tournament games.

I'm sure that it is up to each coach whether a player(s) should have been considered for All-Conference without an injury to prevent them from playing.

Not sure if the HNAC has a minimum games to play to be considered for all-conference consideration or not.

Above my pay grade.

from_the_sidelines007

Wasn't sure if there was minimum amount of games required.   Know Knox QB had 13 or 14 td in just 5 games and played good in secondary for them and didn't even get a honorable mention which makes zero sense.   Don't know if anyone noticed how bad Knox looked after he got hurt.     They need to go to 1st and 2nd team all conference.