Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

State Finals Endzone Cameras

I don't know if we can pin this topic or not but it might be helpful.

Which teams playing for a state championship this week use endzone cameras, and what is your brand/model/set-up?

Who are the top endzone videographers from the teams vying for a trophy this week? Please name them to recognize their greatness.

• Disdain 1

Who are some potential standout endzone videographers for the 2021 season? Which unheard of videographers will breakout?

Could we see the quality of endzone film nearing what was produced at U of Alabama under Alex Seiver (director of video production) and Steven Jenkins (assistant director of video production) circa 2017? The endzone film from spring practice that year was exemplary.  

Our guy "Big Cat" is a veteran but he always has to be in the discussion when it comes to all-state end-zone videographers.  He's so good we've had to assign him personal protection to keep the middle schoolers and 70/80's letter jacket crews at Gibson Southern & Castle from harassing him during road games.  He's a legend.  Just don't give him chili at a tailgate or all bets are off.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, coachkj said:

Gotta admit that I don't get this ongoing bit.....

Sir, this is may seem like a bit to you, but to me this is important. It would take too long to explain so please just take my word for it.

My earliest memories were standing in crow's nests next to my father, Poppa Jahari, as he filmed games for the local high school. His father, Grandpop Jahari, was the man behind the camera for the first football game to be filmed, Princeton vs. Yale in 1903. You can still view that game film on Youtube. Football videography was quite literally invented by my family. Both Grandpop Jahari and Poppa Jahari had long careers as football videographers.

Sadly, tragedy struck on my first night behind the camera. I was a freshman in high school set to film my first game for my school's team. I was so nervous that I pissed my pants a little bit. Wearing shorts at the time, the urine collected on the platform below me. Poppa Jahari climbed up to give me pointers during my big debut. That's when everything changed. Poppa Jahari slipped in the pee puddle and fell off the back of the press box to his death. I instantly developed a crippling fear of heights, which kept me from filming anymore games......UNTIL

When I discovered the endzone camera, I was able to become a football videographer once more. Imagine my joy at being able to stand on solid ground while filming football from high above. My life was whole again.

I owe everything I have today to invention of the endzone camera.  

Edited by Tanka Jahari

3 hours ago, tango said:

Our guy "Big Cat" is a veteran but he always has to be in the discussion when it comes to all-state end-zone videographers.  He's so good we've had to assign him personal protection to keep the middle schoolers and 70/80's letter jacket crews at Gibson Southern & Castle from harassing him during road games.  He's a legend.  Just don't give him chili at a tailgate or all bets are off.

@Tanka Jahari Has to recognize the greatness of the Big Cat. How many other videographers lead the team on field (breaking the cheerleader banner in the process) and then turn around and run the EZ camera. His work at Danville 2017 grants him legendary status. 

• Like 2

On 12/3/2020 at 8:23 AM, 1st_and_10 said:

@Tanka Jaharithis may come as a total shock... Western Boone does not use an EZ camera.  Somehow, by the grace of God they were able to win 3 State Championships in a row.  

I would assume winning without EZ camera is equivolent to playing/winning up 2 classes?

Western Boone would probably have like 7 state championships in a row if they had a Hi-Pod X31

• Like 1
  • Haha 1