Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC 2021

13 hours ago, Screagle said:

Hearing the Bosse coach is going to be an asst HS coach in Florida. Supposedly his dream is to be an NFL asst and he felt this was the best path. Yes, I spit my water out laughing when I 1st heard that. Ridiculous he waits until almost June to announce. 

Bad deal for the kids but the administration got what they deserve after not wanting Schnur back. They had some total BS reasons for not bringing Schnur back and now it’s bit  the Principal in his ass. Sucks for the kids....coach Schnur was a great fit. 

I’ve never pulled for another SIAC team to win a game quite as much as I did Bosse to beat Boonville a couple years ago in the Sectionals.  Alas, it wasn’t meant to be.

I was surprised that Schnur left after that.  Did not know he was pushed out.  Dumb move.

17 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Been hearing a few things on the memorial underclassmen, won’t say it since anything can happen, but I think it will solve out over the summer. 

So your change was more about moving Memorial down slightly than it was about moving Mater Dei up?

Just now, Spitting Llamas said:

So your change was more about moving Memorial down slightly than it was about moving Mater Dei up?

Yes, it was pretty much moving them down a bit, but we still have a good group. Mater Dei really surprised me in the playoffs last season and they will do some damage in the SIAC this year, as well as, Castle

On 6/9/2021 at 7:50 PM, TigerFan20 said:

Any word on our QB? I’m guessing it will be Ellpsermann this season 

Barring an unforeseen change, yes.  That will probably change the Tigers’ offensive approach.  For one thing, Ellspermann is quick and elusive.  He showed that a couple times against Castle.  But he’s also a little on the shorter side and he’s got a few pretty tall OLers that he’ll have to get used to passing over.

He’s reportedly very coachable and I’ve been told that his arm is developing, but pretty good.

I’m curious to know who QB2 will be.  Josh Russell?  He’s played some QB in the past.  Terrific athlete.  But also critical on D.  Aside from him, you might have to get into the freshmen.

1 hour ago, Evansville50 said:

Does anyone know what Central has returning? I know they lost a lot from last year. What about in the trenches? I’m guessing they could be down this year.

They lose 90% of their offensive production, only return 1 guy on their O-Line, return some from their defense. They do return a few big guys too, for the lines. 

1 hour ago, MHSTigerFan said:

Barring an unforeseen change, yes.  That will probably change the Tigers’ offensive approach.  For one thing, Ellspermann is quick and elusive.  He showed that a couple times against Castle.  But he’s also a little on the shorter side and he’s got a few pretty tall OLers that he’ll have to get used to passing over.

He’s reportedly very coachable and I’ve been told that his arm is developing, but pretty good.

I’m curious to know who QB2 will be.  Josh Russell?  He’s played some QB in the past.  Terrific athlete.  But also critical on D.  Aside from him, you might have to get into the freshmen.

Hopefully Ellpsermann had a growth spurt at least, however, I heard that Fisher is pretty tall. Any word on the roster?

Edited by TigerFan20

4 hours ago, Evansville50 said:

Does anyone know what Central has returning? I know they lost a lot from last year. What about in the trenches? I’m guessing they could be down this year.

Central returning starters on offense….Blake Herdes (QB), Ro Diaz (RB), Jace Krietemeyer (OT-started about 8 games), Ryan Pendergraff (OT- started about 6 games), Eric Moore (two year varsity starter on OL), Riley Broshears (center, started 2 games).  Luke Kemper started one game at FB last year.  Luke Pokorney rotated with Camdyn Counts at WR and was #2 WR.  

Defense returners…. Aaron Garris (started all year at DE), Isaiah Cooper (started all year at ILB), Gavin Kelley (started every game last two years at OLB), Josh Boberg (started every game last year at OLB), Edgrrin Reed (started last two years at CB), Steven Pritchett (started a few games last year at CB and is best kicker/punter in conference).  

Yes, they lost a lot of offensive production but that was the same case the year before when their RB was Schutte and their only WR that got any production was Tre Evans.  Going into last year Jacob Boberg and Tory Evans hadn’t done much on offense.  

Some other players that should step up for Central (Jordan Kasinger- RB/WR), Chris Yeaden (OL/DL), Dashon and Darrion Stewart (DL), Brody Mueller (ILB), Luke Robards (OLB), J’Khari Phifer (WR, Safety), Brayden Bockstege (OL), Porter Rode (transfer RB from Westfield).  

3 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

If I had to project the offense starters right now @MHSTigerFan

LT-Duff

LG- Hartig 

C- Weinzapfel 

RG- Diaz 

RT- Cassidy 

QB- Gotta be Ellpsermann 

RB1- Tyler 

WR- A mixture of 6-8 players, notably Pearce/Collins/Norman

You flipped the sides of the O-Line.  And we’ll see a fair bit of Russell in the backfield.

But other than that, I agree.

There’s been some talk of mixing things up on the OL.  Hurley supposedly wants to see Weinzapfel pulling.  Not sure who else they’d put at center, tho.

Look for Carac Johnson to see reps at end/slot.  He’s probably the best athlete on the team, if he can keep that knee healthy.

39 minutes ago, MHSTigerFan said:

You flipped the sides of the O-Line.  And we’ll see a fair bit of Russell in the backfield.

But other than that, I agree.

There’s been some talk of mixing things up on the OL.  Hurley supposedly wants to see Weinzapfel pulling.  Not sure who else they’d put at center, tho.

Look for Carac Johnson to see reps at end/slot.  He’s probably the best athlete on the team, if he can keep that knee healthy.

Oh wait, didn’t notice I flipped them. I could see Diaz being center, but I have no idea if he had any snaps in his career. Who was the 2nd string snapper last season? Our O line is very interchangeable with how many big guys with on the team now. The RB position is split with Russ and Tyler, while I see Johnson being primarily a DE/TE. 

I haven’t heard anything practice details, so I thank you for that, except a few things. Can’t wait to see what Coach Hurley has in store during the watermelon/castle scrimmages in August. We will have a pretty good team for the next 4-5 years. 

Edited by TigerFan20

14 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Oh wait, didn’t notice I flipped them. I could see Diaz being center, but I have no idea if he had any snaps in his career. Who was the 2nd string snapper last season? Our O line is very interchangeable with how many big guys with on the team now. The RB position is split with Russ and Tyler, while I see Johnson being primarily a DE/TE. 

I haven’t heard anything practice details, so I thank you for that, except a few things. Can’t wait to see what Coach Hurley has in store during the watermelon/castle scrimmages in August. We will have a pretty good team for the next 4-5 years. 

As far as I know, the prospect of shuffling guys on OL was just some discussion prior to OTAs.  I don't know that anything has actually made its way into practices.  I'd guess that, come fall, we'll mostly be seeing the same OL that we did last year.

Also, some other MHS news is that Soph. WR/DB Tucker Tornatta isn't playing.  Not sure why.  He spent most of his freshman season recovering from an early torn ACL - so it could be that.  He probably wouldn't have seen too many varsity reps this year.  But he's 6'4" and athletic.  So not a huge loss for '21 -- but potentially a big one for '22 and '23.

Edited by MHSTigerFan

41 minutes ago, MHSTigerFan said:

As far as I know, the prospect of shuffling guys on OL was just some discussion prior to OTAs.  I don't know that anything has actually made its way into practices.  I'd guess that, come fall, we'll mostly be seeing the same OL that we did last year.

Also, some other MHS news is that Soph. WR/DB Tucker Tornatta isn't playing.  Not sure why.  He spent most of his freshman season recovering from an early torn ACL - so it could be that.  He probably wouldn't have seen too many varsity reps this year.  But he's 6'4" and athletic.  So not a huge loss for '21 -- but potentially a big one for '22 and '23.

Sent you a PM about Tornatta, but other than that, I think we should have a very good team this season with the playmakers we have/gained. I don’t know if our practices have started yet(or anyone’s) because of IHSAA bylaws, believe it’s more conditioning right now and no pads stuff. 

8 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Sent you a PM about Tornatta, but other than that, I think we should have a very good team this season with the playmakers we have/gained. I don’t know if our practices have started yet(or anyone’s) because of IHSAA bylaws, believe it’s more conditioning right now and no pads stuff. 

Well, I'm sure what we're doing is within IHSAA rules.  I would certainly hope so.  It is mostly conditioning and drills.  But there have been at least one or two sessions in pads.

2 hours ago, MHSTigerFan said:

Well, I'm sure what we're doing is within IHSAA rules.  I would certainly hope so.  It is mostly conditioning and drills.  But there have been at least one or two sessions in pads.

I believe the first official practice isn’t until July

Edited by TigerFan20

On 6/16/2021 at 10:56 AM, MHSTigerFan said:

I'm pretty confident padded practices are not allowed at this point. You might want to check that out before you say something on here that Coach Hurley might not appreciate. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Spitting Llamas said:

I'm pretty confident padded practices are not allowed at this point. You might want to check that out before you say something on here that Coach Hurley might not appreciate. 

So are you saying helmet shoulder pads and girdle aren't allowed at a certain amount of OTAs?

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Central will not go undefeated and Castle will have more than 1 loss.  The Bears lost some good players and Castle has averaged 3+ reg season losses for several years.  I also don't think Jasper, MD and Memorial will combine for 9 losses.  Memorial hosts the JCats Wk. 1, so we'll know something right off the bat. 

I made a V&T and rode over to watch the boys for a little while last night.  Darn pothole cost me the toddy but I thought we looked pretty good.  I mostly watched the big boys.  We appear bigger across the board than usual.  This might be the year we scrap the spread and "run it up 'n there" as ol' Bill Mallory used to say.