Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC 2021

1 hour ago, fenderbender said:

And Bloomington South just had two highly rated players move in.  (Dad is new coach at IU.)

Castle may have a hard fight just to get out of Sectional.

Castle has hard time winning 4 regular season siac games most years. 

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Yup, though I thought it was for a different reason. But won’t say his name in here since it’s not confirmed 

For goodness sake- this is getting a bit ridiculous. The IHSAA wouldn’t let a transfer play basketball for a year, but GS can get 3 new transfer starters and all is on the up/up?? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jets said:

For goodness sake- this is getting a bit ridiculous. The IHSAA wouldn’t let a transfer play basketball for a year, but GS can get 3 new transfer starters and all is on the up/up?? 

In defense of the IHSAA (I've never said that before), wasn't the issue with the kid (I think you're referring to) that the mother was pretty vocal with demands and they tried to get cute with a change of address?   

Personally I think the IHSAA should stay out of it and let kids go wherever they want.  What I enjoy is that these transfers cut against the frequently heard argument from rural public schools that urban p/p's have an advantage because they can "recruit" from a larger area.   I'm just guessing, but I suspect these transfers aren't coming because of the FFA program at GS, unless Brady Allen is the club chairperson...

36 minutes ago, tango said:

I'm just guessing, but I suspect these transfers aren't coming because of the FFA program at GS, unless Brady Allen is the club chairperson...

Exactly. Pretty heavy implication to make based on “guessing” and “suspect.”

54 minutes ago, tango said:

In defense of the IHSAA (I've never said that before), wasn't the issue with the kid (I think you're referring to) that the mother was pretty vocal with demands and they tried to get cute with a change of address?   

Personally I think the IHSAA should stay out of it and let kids go wherever they want.  What I enjoy is that these transfers cut against the frequently heard argument from rural public schools that urban p/p's have an advantage because they can "recruit" from a larger area.   I'm just guessing, but I suspect these transfers aren't coming because of the FFA program at GS, unless Brady Allen is the club chairperson...

I actually tend to agree.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Evansville50 said:

I saw that Jeffersonville canceled week one due to COVID. Wish full thinking was that this season would be more normal. Have any teams locally been effected?

It won't surprise me if a lot of teams are impacted in some way.    

32 minutes ago, Screagle said:

Central and North both dominated their scrimmages. I know coaches all have different approaches to how many reps key guys get but at the end of the night Central and North spent a lot of time in the end zones.  

GS had 11 offensive starters and 11 defensive starters play the first 8 plays of the scrimmage.  Not a single one of those kids took another snap the entire night.  Central looked good at times against GS 3s and 4s.  The GS JV moved the ball really well against the Central D who could have been also subbing heavil (I don't know).  I think think the Central QB can throw a nice ball and will have some weapons...Central will spread it out in contrast to last years team.  But there could be some concern with the Defense at this early juncture in the season.

• Thanks 2

I’ll find some highlights later, some things from the Memorial-Castle scrimmage 

Memorial: 

-I believe teams will see a lot more runs plays from what I saw, there were some promising plays 

-Receivers looks pretty good, had some dropped catches, some were pretty contested 

-Ellpsermann is a scrambler from the looks of it, but from my angle, some of his throws were not the best  

-The offensive line looked pretty good, our defense looked very well. Had a lot of QB “sacks” and nice stops 

Castle: 

- Their QB, Cameron Tilly, has a pretty nice arm to throw to receivers. Thought there were some nice gains

- Their offense line is going to be the weak point of the team. Whoever our DE was last night kept exposing the left side 

- I didn’t see much of their run game, saw Memorial stopped them a couple of times 

-Their defense looked good too 

I wasn’t there for long, but that’s my observation 

1 hour ago, TigerFan20 said:

Highlights 

It’s hard to tell too much from these scrimmages.

On Castle’s side, I thought Tilly looked crisp and Guerzini should be among the top rushers in the conference.  Their D played well for most of the reps, but made a couple of costly errors on a few.

Memorial looked rusty.  Some missed tackles and blocks.  Line play mostly looked good.  Aiden Farmer picked up where he left off and broke around for a couple “sacks”.

I hope Ellspermann stays healthy.  😬