Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC 2021

33 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

A little off topic, I’ve always thought MD/Memorial’s O-Lines were pretty massive, but looking at Roncalli’s starting lineup stumps both teams. 

Roncalli is also missing from that group a 6'1" 290lb junior who two years ago was pulled from the FR team into the starting line up.  (Should be back soon)

5 hours ago, fenderbender said:

Roncalli is also missing from that group a 6'1" 290lb junior who two years ago was pulled from the FR team into the starting line up.  (Should be back soon)

I was reading DT’s HHF post and they have some nice backups, however, their starting lineup is a whopping 6’5 305. IF we make it to Semi-State this season, Roncalli is going to be such a tough opponent, unless Chatard has something to say in their Sectional. 

18 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

A little off topic, I’ve always thought MD/Memorial’s O-Lines were pretty massive, but looking at Roncalli’s starting lineup stumps both teams. 

0FF468F7-2AB8-442D-A832-254C1DB606AD.thumb.jpeg.d8fc85966b5ee07176f40f0557254ff7.jpeg

i seen DTs post too 

this is insane for a HS OL.  Everyone wants an OL like this lol 

59 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Imagine a matchup between Roncalli’s o line and Memorial’s defense 

Well, size isn’t everything.  But it’s not nothing, either.

But I’ve seen way too many undersized guys — at all levels — get the better of big guys over the years to put too much stock in it.

All other things equal, bigger is better than smaller.  And if a kid is both big AND good, then that’s a load.  And it wouldn’t surprise me to find out that all of Roncalli’s kids are both.  It’s a top-notch program.  And I know that Lauck is getting elite offers.

But, yeah, top to bottom that’s probably the biggest OL I’ve ever seen at the HS level.  There are D1 teams that won’t be that big.

2 hours ago, MHSTigerFan said:

Well, size isn’t everything.  But it’s not nothing, either.

But I’ve seen way too many undersized guys — at all levels — get the better of big guys over the years to put too much stock in it.

All other things equal, bigger is better than smaller.  And if a kid is both big AND good, then that’s a load.  And it wouldn’t surprise me to find out that all of Roncalli’s kids are both.  It’s a top-notch program.  And I know that Lauck is getting elite offers.

But, yeah, top to bottom that’s probably the biggest OL I’ve ever seen at the HS level.  There are D1 teams that won’t be that big.

Secrest is going to Central Michigan on scholarship

As the guy said, Lauck is going to be at Big10, SEC or ND.

Skartvedt is very athletic.  (On the BBall team.)  Expect him to be playing somewhere in two years.

Ray is prototypical guard size.  

Plus this is the group that started the season last year, so they have experiance and proved it once already.  They really abused Mooresville and the two Purdue recruits last year.

18 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

I was reading DT’s HHF post and they have some nice backups, however, their starting lineup is a whopping 6’5 305. IF we make it to Semi-State this season, Roncalli is going to be such a tough opponent, unless Chatard has something to say in their Sectional. 

Wasn't Hurley on the 88 Memorial team with Ken Mills that lost to Roncalli in semistate 3-0?  I was in HS back then and everyone thought that was one of the best teams ever at Memorial.

It appears Will Weinzapfel will start for Jasper tomorrow, new name for me

Just now, fenderbender said:

Wasn't Hurley on the 88 Memorial team with Ken Mills that lost to Roncalli in semistate 3-0?  I was in HS back then and everyone thought that was one of the best teams ever at Memorial.

Yup, ‘88 team was a beast, then we played Roncalli again in the 90‘s. Could be a revenge game if we make it to SS

3 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

It appears Will Weinzapfel will start for Jasper tomorrow, new name for me

Yup, ‘88 team was a beast, then we played Roncalli again in the 90‘s. Could be a revenge game if we make it to SS

Roncalli beat us in semi-state in 1985 too.  One of the few schools to have beaten us in every matchup.

48 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

The C&P incorrectly reported that year that Ken Mills had the most rushing yards in a game that season....when in fact is was a guy I know from GS.

True. But don't forget the yardage conversion.  1 SIAC yd = 1.25 Big 8 yd due to schedule strength. 😃

23 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

True. But don't forget the yardage conversion.  1 SIAC yd = 1.25 Big 8 yd due to schedule strength. 😃

LOL....this is true!  And that game was about the only thing we did good that year....and Oh wait...the guys was me!

Edited by Titan32