Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC 2021

Castle at BosseCan’t deny I’m tempted to jump on the Bulldog train, but I think Castle will be too much for them. But you won’t find me shocked anymore if Bosse pulls off more upsets. Sometimes momentum and hype around a program prevails with high school athletes. 

North at Harrison - This is assuming North is getting back to full strength. Harrison will keep it close 2-3 quarters but North pulls away at the end. If North is still missing some key players, I could see Harrison sneaking out their first win.

Memorial at Central - Central’s tough start to the season continues as Memorial wins big. This could be the game where Memorial really starts to piece it all together. Look out. 

Reitz at Jasper - much like Bosse, this is a chance for the Panthers to prove they’re legit. Momentum is building for them after getting more time with the new coaching staff and the loaded sophomore class contributing. Their defense may be good enough to keep them in it, but can their offense score enough with the way Jasper limits possessions? Give me another away team winning. And yes, I may be biased towards Evansville teams. 

VL at Mater Dei - unfortunately for the Alices, this looks to be two straight trips to The Bowl with losses. At least it’s a great place to play. Mater Dei wins big and quickly for a change this week.

10 hours ago, Evansville50 said:

After week two where do we stand rankings.

2) Castle best defense in siac

Not certain why Castle gets "the best defense in the SIAC" - tag at this point??  Certainly they have an excellent run defense but, ultimately, they gave up over 200 yds in the air to MD and 3 TDs to drop the game.  MD defense was equally tough against Castle, allowing < 140  total yds total offense. 

By comparison, Mater Dei defense has given up only 21 pts this season, the same amount Castle D yielded in 2nd half & OT in the loss.  I would give the nod to Central's offense over 0 - 2 North offense at this point in the season but that may change as season wears on.  Castle D is very good, no doubt, but not yet worthy of "Best Defense in SIAC" tag yet, IMHO.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

including the votes 

IFCA poll 

5A: 

12. Castle (4)

14. North (1)

4A: 

6. Jasper (44)

18. Central (3)

19. Memorial (1)

2A: 

4. Mater Dei(67)

Memorial should easily be in the 4A top 10.  And Mater Dei should be #2 in 2A behind only Fort Wayne Luers.  A Luers-Mater Dei title game would be a terrific football game.

17 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

At least in the top 15, surprised Central still got votes and Bosse didn’t nor Reitz

Agree with you on Central.  But Memorial should take care of that when they beat Central on Friday night.  Surprised Central was ever ranked to start with considering how much they lost to graduation.  It will be interesting to see how Bosse responds to having a taste of success.

36 minutes ago, LC_Bears_04 said:

Memorial should easily be in the 4A top 10.  And Mater Dei should be #2 in 2A behind only Fort Wayne Luers.  A Luers-Mater Dei title game would be a terrific football game.

I do think MD will contend in 2A.

Memorial has a lot of work to do - especially on defense. Should get a boost this week with 3 starters back in the defensive backfield (2 from injury, 1 from suspension).

But that doesn’t solve their problems up front.  D line had high expectations this year.  So far they’ve been a disappointment.

1 minute ago, MHSTigerFan said:

I do think MD will contend in 2A.

Memorial has a lot of work to do - especially on defense. Should get a boost this week with 3 starters back in the defensive backfield (2 from injury, 1 from suspension).

But that doesn’t solve their problems up front.  D line had high expectations this year.  So far they’ve been a disappointment.

I was more worried about the backfield, but they have done a decent job so far. D-line hasn’t impressed me really, since I had high hopes on them.

13 minutes ago, LC_Bears_04 said:

Agree with you on Central.  But Memorial should take care of that when they beat Central on Friday night.  Surprised Central was ever ranked to start with considering how much they lost to graduation.  It will be interesting to see how Bosse responds to having a taste of success.

Especially with Bosse and their big test against Castle and then their unfavorable stretch

I would love for Bosse to get some poll love. Even if it were just a few votes…that program deserves it. Over the years they’ve had some great players but haven’t been able to put it all together. Watching players like Mack Jacob, Levron Williams, Carrington Crutcher, and Jalen Pendleton has been really cool. I don’t think most people outside of Evansville realize what talent has walked down the halls at Bosse.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Football Fanatic said:

Just some early notes and thoughts...

@SEAL_63 How did Reitz look against VL, if you attended? From what I’ve heard and seen so far, their offense is slow to start but the defense has been solid. Only giving up 7 points and very few first downs in 2 games is a good start to the season. It seems their sophomore class is contributing in a big way so far. 

The Reitz OL/DL was without a doubt the biggest difference in their win last Friday. And it's not even close. The Alices youth up front was exposed in a major way.

People like to talk about Reitz' talented sophomore class, which has several contributing skill players, but their upperclassmen in the trenches are what made the difference and is why I feel the Panthers can compete throughout the conference season. Jasper will be a great test. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

I’ve heard that Central is having an injury problems the last 2 games. Anyone have any info about it?

Physical injuries or emotional injuries? I can’t speak to any physical injuries they might have but they definitely have some emotional injuries. Starting a season 0-2 can have a snowball effect. They might already be listening to Melissa Etheridge songs before the games.

24 minutes ago, Moonshiners said:

Physical injuries or emotional injuries? I can’t speak to any physical injuries they might have but they definitely have some emotional injuries. Starting a season 0-2 can have a snowball effect. They might already be listening to Melissa Etheridge songs before the games.

Physical injuries, heard they’ve replaced several starters 

11 hours ago, Evansville50 said:

I heard they lost a corner. 

Same, I believe they lost a returning starter at corner for the season. Tough break. Among a few other injuries but I think the others will be returning soon.

However, I get the sense that a lot of teams in the area are missing key guys due to injuries or close contact.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Spitting Llamas said:

Reitz is not going to Jasper and winning. No chance that happens. The others I won't disagree with 

32 minutes ago, Football Fanatic said:

Just don't be surprised. What will you do if it does happen? 😁

Just messing with you. You may be right. But honestly, reason I picked Reitz is I think their big turnaround moment/season is due to happen soon. For that to really start happening, they are going to need to beat Jasper or any of the other top dogs. With their mixture of contributing sophomores thru seniors and how well their defense has played, I think the conditions are right for them to contend again. However, not sure how their depth is so if they too are missing some key players due to injury or close contact, they may struggle to beat the good teams. We shall see.

1 hour ago, Wildcat1992 said:

Reitz has beaten the 2 worst teams in the SIAC.  They get to swim in the deep end against Jasper Friday night.  That game will go a long way to showing us if Reitz is for real or not.

Agreed.  Jasper has quick DL/LBs that will put pressure on the Reitz OL and QB.