Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC 2021

Just now, MHSTigerFan said:

I felt like we dominated the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball.

But Ellspermann has to work on his accuracy and decision-making.  For the life of me, I don’t know why he doesn’t run it more when the targets aren’t there.

And, obviously, the long-snapping.  That has to be fixed.

One other thing:  Ray Brodie has really emerged as a surprise threat offensively.  The last two games, he’s been a game-changer.

No real surprises tonight IMO.

Thought Memorial/MD would've been a little closer than it was but not a shocker.

Castle and Jasper took care of business.

Reitz/North and VL/Central were coin flips and played out as such. 

Shout out to the Alices for a big win at home. After last Friday, I felt a good vibe with this team that I predicted would carry over to tonight. Was nice to see some hard work pay off.  Now hopefully this momentum can lead to some good things next week for homecoming with the Knights paying a visit.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, tango said:

Pretty dominating performance by Memorial. Other than the bad punt snap the game was never really in doubt.  Nice win for the Tigers.  5 in row feels good.

Couldn't agree more.  Tigers totally dominated the LOS on both sides of the ball.  I think MD only had one drive with more than a single first down all night.  Tigers' D is strong. have to love the way their LBs & DBs come up to support the run but also cover like a glove on passing plays.    Congrats to the Tigers.

8 hours ago, SEAL_63 said:

Shout out to the Alices for a big win at home. After last Friday, I felt a good vibe with this team that I predicted would carry over to tonight. Was nice to see some hard work pay off.  Now hopefully this momentum can lead to some good things next week for homecoming with the Knights paying a visit.

Nice win for the Alices. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, MHSTigerFan said:

One other thing:  Ray Brodie has really emerged as a surprise threat offensively.  The last two games, he’s been a game-changer.

There was a lot of hype about Xavier Tyler and believe me he's good, but Ray Brodie is on another level in my opinion. Just so damn fast and both run extremely hard behind a big, aggressive offensive line. Memorial line play dominated both sides of the ball and Memorial was just tougher than we were. 

2 minutes ago, tango said:

I would have MD above Castle based on the MD win. 

I meant to do that, was going back and forth on my previous rankings 

5 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

SIAC power rankings 

1. Jasper 4-0

2. Memorial 3-1

3. Castle 3-1

4. Mater Dei 3-1

5. North 2-2

6. Reitz 2-2

7. VL 1-3

8. Bosse 2-2

9. Central 0-4

10. Harrison 0-4

TYPO 

3. Mater Dei 3-1 

4. Castle

Week 4 Positive/negatives 

Positives

-I’m sure it was a party in Vincennes, had a great game against Central to pick up their first win of the season. Defense showed up big time 

-Jasper is just an elite offensive team, going to be an interesting game against Mater Dei 

-Castle dominates another opponent, heard Tilly had an extremely good game along with his receivers

-North continues to prove themselves, even though I doubted them last night. Brawdy had an big 2H coming off his injury 

-This Memorial D is tough and strong against a really elite Mater Dei team. Game ball goes to Ray Brodie as he balled out all night long with 250 rushing yards. As well as, Xavier Tyler was underrated last night too. However, there were some questionable mistakes, but the Tigers looked amazing 

Negatives

-Been disappointed with Central so far, I would thought they would at least have 1 or 2 wins by now. But it seems like morale is low for the Bears after being snatched away from their first win last night 

-Bosse has a lot problems right now in their last 2 games, outscored 14-105, after starting off defensively well 

-Can’t say much about Harrison right now. 

-Oh Reitz...another tough game for you guys, literally to the last seconds of the game, and gets harder after that with Castle,Memorial and Rival Mater Dei creeping up

-Was debating or not about Mater Dei being here, they had a really good 2H in my opinion. The only negative I would say, is that they need to improve their rushing defense, because Jasper will be a lot harder

Edited by TigerFan20

21 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

JH lines for Week 5 

Castle (-28) at VL 

Bosse at North (-21)

Harrison at Memorial(-21) 

Reitz (-18) at Central 

Jasper (-14) at Mater Dei

Castle, Memorial and Reitz won't have any problems.  Bosse at North could be a good game.  The game of the week is the battle of Wildcats at the Bowl. My Tigers need MD to bounce-back and beat Jasper.  I'm guessing Coach Goebel will have them ready to go.

42 minutes ago, tango said:

Castle, Memorial and Reitz won't have any problems.  Bosse at North could be a good game.  The game of the week is the battle of Wildcats at the Bowl. My Tigers need MD to bounce-back and beat Jasper.  I'm guessing Coach Goebel will have them ready to go.

I agree too, Mater Dei will have their hands full all night long with Jasper

10 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

I agree too, Mater Dei will have their hands full all night long with Jasper

While my money would be on Jasper, I think MD has a chance at beating them.

They need to get more out of their defensive line than they did against us.  James Ralph is a 2x all-state DT.  He’s usually very effective at both stopping the run and getting TFLs/sacks.  But he didn’t do much on Friday.  Boots is a solid performer, too.

They’ll have to bring their A games against Jasper’s formidable offense.

16 minutes ago, MHSTigerFan said:

They need to get more out of their defensive line than they did against us.  James Ralph is a 2x all-state DT.  He’s usually very effective at both stopping the run and getting TFLs/sacks.  But he didn’t do much on Friday.  Boots is a solid performer, too.

Exactly, they really need to contain Jasper’s FB (forgot his name), or else it’s going to be a bad time in the Bowl and try to stop Weinzapfel+Foley combo.

I did think MD’s pass defense was pretty good enough against us. But if Jasper wants to win, I have a strong feeling that they will aim for the sidelines. Since we did really well doing that Friday night. Should be a great game at the Bowl, too bad it won’t be livestreamed

4 hours ago, MHSTigerFan said:

Most of Memorial's damage via the run seemed to be on off-tackle plays where they crashed down on the DE and the lead back would take out the Mater Dei LB.  This allowed #38 to get beyond the LOS - usually without being touched - and into 2nd level of defense.  With his speed and evasiveness, Mater Dei's LBs & DBs could not tackle him without help. Lost count of how many times #38 broke through initial contact - which typ. occurred about 5 yds downfield, to gain an additional 5+, 10+ YAC. He was the difference maker in the game, IMO.  

• Like 1

Massey rating’s lines 

Harrison at Memorial (-34), 98% chance of victory for the Tigers

Bosse at North (-26), 90% chance of victory for the Huskies 

Reitz (-1) at Central, 52% chance of victory for the Panthers 

Castle (-26) at VL, 98% chance of victory for the Panthers 

Jasper (-7) at Mater Dei, 64% chance of victory for Jasper 

Castle at VL - The Alices will come in the game with a lot of confidence and may keep it tight for a quarter or two, but they will simply be outmatched in this one. Castle gets to rest their starters in the 2nd half again.

Bosse at North - The losing streak continues for the Bulldogs after a strong start. North will be carrying a lot of momentum after getting Brawdy back and winning at Reitz. He brings a different dynamic and level of confidence to their team than you cannot ignore. Look out for the Huskies down the stretch.

Harrison at Memorial - Tigers win this one by a lot and get to rest their starters in the 2nd half. The goal for Memorial in this one is to stay healthy and spread the ball around.

Reitz at Central - The morale has to be quite low for the Bears right now. They always play Reitz well at home but don't think they have enough healthy playmakers to beat an improved Reitz team. The Panthers will be hungry to get another win before they have to face Castle and Memorial.

Jasper at Mater Dei - Wildcat Warfare at The Bowl and it should be a good one. I think MD stays in it all game but Jasper holds on late. It's very difficult to defend that offense well for four quarters unless Jasper makes self-imposed mistakes, which seems to be rare.

Short summary picks 

Ill take Castle over VL by 30, could see VL taking an early defensive stand, but will wear out throughout the game 

I’ll take North over Bosse by 35, North is on fire right now, while the Bulldogs are spiraling downward 

Memorial over Harrison by a lot, Starters will probably be out sometime during 3Q, it’s also Homecoming Week for the Tigers

I’ll take Reitz in this one by at least 17, Central’s demises continues, while Reitz is still figuring out their potential 

I think Mater Dei and Jasper will go down to the last wire. Mater Dei will improve their running D, but I think Jasper pulls off a close victory at the Bowl by 7