Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC 2021

42 minutes ago, southend said:

Jasper could lay an egg this season, you hope if it happens is in the regular season and not the tournament. But MD is having a good season, and at home? So hopefully a good game for everyone. 

Especially after losing Memorial after climbing back from being down 22 points. MD is hungry for a victory, going to be a good one

Edited by TigerFan20

3 hours ago, Football Fanatic said:

Harrison at Memorial - Tigers win this one by a lot and get to rest their starters in the 2nd half. The goal for Memorial in this one is to stay healthy and spread the ball around.

I’m curious to see how Matthew Fisher does at QB against a varsity defense.  If he does well enough….

Coaches Poll 

5A: 

10. Castle 

4A: 

5. Jasper 

11. Memorial 

2A: 

5. Mater Dei

23 minutes ago, MHSTigerFan said:

I’m curious to see how Matthew Fisher does at QB against a varsity defense.  If he does well enough….

I thought he looked good against Central in the 4Q, had a nice 20 yard gain, unless you are stating there might be a QB change

Edited by TigerFan20

38 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

I thought he looked good against Central in the 4Q, had a nice 20 yard gain, unless you are stating there might be a QB change

I’m not stating it.  In fact, I strongly doubt we’ll see it.  I’m just wondering if it might be a possibility later in the season if Fisher keeps progressing and Ellspermann keeps struggling with passing the ball.

This team has a chance to make some noise. We’ve got a good receiving corps to go along with two very good backs and a solid OL.  We need to be able to pass the ball.  If we can get that figured out, we’d be hard to beat.

9 minutes ago, MHSTigerFan said:

I’m not stating it.  In fact, I strongly doubt we’ll see it.  I’m just wondering if it might be a possibility later in the season if Fisher keeps progressing and Ellspermann keeps struggling with passing the ball.

This team has a chance to make some noise. We’ve got a good receiving corps to go along with two very good backs and a solid OL.  We need to be able to pass the ball.  If we can get that figured out, we’d be hard to beat.

Got it, I was honestly just thinking that Fisher was just going to  play against Harrison and let Ellspermann take a break for a week

3 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Got it, I was honestly just thinking that Fisher was just going to  play against Harrison and let Ellspermann take a break for a week

I’m just thinking it possible that Fisher gets more snaps in this game.  It would be a bonus if he could get at least some of them while the rest of the starters are still in.

Hurley had him punting the other night.  Obviously, that went really badly.  But I’m told that Fisher is a better punter than what he showed there.  As we all know, he loves having his QBs punt.

5 minutes ago, MHSTigerFan said:

I’m just thinking it possible that Fisher gets more snaps in this game.  It would be a bonus if he could get at least some of them while the rest of the starters are still in.

Hurley had him punting the other night.  Obviously, that went really badly.  But I’m told that Fisher is a better punter than what he showed there.  As we all know, he loves having his QBs punt.

I can see him starting 2nd half, hopefully Ellspermann has a great 1H to boost his confidence up

12 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

All I know about the Jasper-MD game is that the Wildcats will win it

That's a solid guess. Hopefully it will be the Wildcats from Evansville, but we have a lot to get better at if we are going to beat Jasper. Memorial took us to the woodshed. Hopefully that was a wake up call 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spitting Llamas said:

That's a solid guess. Hopefully it will be the Wildcats from Evansville, but we have a lot to get better at if we are going to beat Jasper. Memorial took us to the woodshed. Hopefully that was a wake up call 

I don't think I can remember a time when MD did not come out ready to play the week after a game like last week.  Coach G seems to have soften a little bit (at least publicly) but I suspect he peeled some paint off the walls the last few days. 

20 minutes ago, Screagle said:

Fishers starting 2nd half vs Harrison?  I don’t see that happening. 

Me neither.  Give QB1 all the reps until the starters are pulled. The schedule gets a little softer the next few weeks, so he'll get the kinks worked out and be ready for Castle in Wk. 9.

1 hour ago, MHSTigerFan said:

I don’t see it happening either.  I’m just throwing it out there because it may become an elephant in the room as the season goes on.

Respectfully disagree. This is a good football team that needs to run the football 75% of the time. Caleb is perfect for the job. Great leader and he has his teammates trust. JMO but we are in trouble if we ask a 9the grader to lead this group.  He made a nice pass vs Central’s backups in a blowout.  

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Screagle said:

Respectfully disagree. This is a good football team that needs to run the football 75% of the time. Caleb is perfect for the job. Great leader and he has his teammates trust. JMO but we are in trouble if we ask a 9the grader to lead this group.  He made a nice pass vs Central’s backups in a blowout.  

I think we’re going to need a more potent passing game than what we have shown to date to realize this team’s full potential.  Too many weapons are being left under-utilized out there.  And a better defense than what we’ll face in the SIAC will be able to snuff out our running game if there isn’t a more credible threat of airing it out.

Just FTR, I’m not saying we should change horses.  I get that Fisher is a freshman and that’s obviously a limiting factor.

But it could pay dividends in the post-season if he got some snaps with (and against) first stringers in the regular season…if for no other reason than the prospect of Caleb getting hurt.

Ellspermann is great player, runs pretty tough, but his accuracy has been declining which I’m concerned. To be fair, some of his recent incompletions have been dropped passes, so his %rate is most likely deflated due to those dropped passes. On Fisher’s case, he needs just needs to build up more against backups for his freshman year, but should progress his sophomore year.

Ellspermann will still continue to be QB1, and these take 3/4 games should help him develop further before facing Reitz/Castle

1 hour ago, TigerFan20 said:

Ellspermann is great player, runs pretty tough, but his accuracy has been declining which I’m concerned. To be fair, some of his recent incompletions have been dropped passes, so his %rate is most likely deflated due to those dropped passes. On Fisher’s case, he needs just needs to build up more against backups for his freshman year, but should progress his sophomore year.

Ellspermann will still continue to be QB1, and these take 3/4 games should help him develop further before facing Reitz/Castle

He does run tough (or at least quick and elusive).  I like it when he runs and part of me would love to see him run more.  I'm sure the reason they don't run him more is the fear of injury.

But, let's face it, his passing hasn't been stellar.  It's not just that he's had accuracy issues, his passes tend to be a bit on the rainbow side.  And, again, I just think that limits this team's ceiling.

But I'm just a fan yapping on a message board.  I agree with you that this isn't going to happen.

Memorial is a different team with Ray Brodie on the field. It’s been awhile since EM had a RB with his skill set. Power runner with big time break away speed. Agler, Brodie, and Shea brought some juice after missing weeks 1 and 2.  I like a healthy EM vs a healthy Jasper week 10.  JMO. 

2 hours ago, Screagle said:

Memorial is a different team with Ray Brodie on the field. It’s been awhile since EM had a RB with his skill set. Power runner with big time break away speed. Agler, Brodie, and Shea brought some juice after missing weeks 1 and 2.  I like a healthy EM vs a healthy Jasper week 10.  JMO. 

He was a beast last Friday and I didn’t expect it at all.

Castle 42 - Lincoln 10 (expect a tough night for the Alices)

North 24 - Bosse 18 (Bulldogs should make this game close)

Memorial 41 - Harrison 0 (Coach Moe said the Warriors are banged up this week)

Reitz 24- Central 7 (if their QB is out Central may not score, things not sounding good out on 1st Ave)

Mater Dei 28 - Jasper 17 (clear Game of the Week in SIAC - let's GO catechized Cats)

On 9/14/2021 at 7:25 PM, Screagle said:

Agree.  Brodie is what the Evans kids from Central aspired to be until they got loaded down with too much mustard...

• Haha 1