Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC 2021

2 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

I only post the SIAC teams that are in Poll, but I can tell you that Linton is having a great season so far

Linton was actually in the SIAC before Memorial.  They were members from 1936 until 1951.  Memorial was finally allowed in 1947, five years after the IHSAA bigots finally allowed Catholic and African-American schools into full membership.  Now you're not just a hat rack...   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Spitting Llamas said:

You needed inside information to make that pick? Any chance you could share that inside info with the rest of us? Has to be on the Mater Dei side. 

He may be talking about Coach Goebels losing an arm wrestling competition against Coach Lewis behind the scenes, if that is the case, Jasper by 50

5 hours ago, southend said:

I’ve got some inside information. I’m going to have to go with Jasper over MD. 

That’s interesting because I heard inside info that is making me pick America’s team as usual. In fact I heard that Jasper will be losing a coach if they lose. Word on the street is John Goebel misses MD and is tired of coaching at Jasper because they don’t know how to play basketball up there…so if they lose on Friday he promised mike he would come back. He also said Jasper smells…again, this is just what I’ve heard.

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, oldtimeqb said:

Jasper paper said Weinzapfel did not play QB last week vs Bosse, but Grant Young did. 

QB play could impact Jasper’s option game and MD always needs a strong QB to move the ball offensively.

Is Grant young and upgrade or a downgrade from Weinzapfel? Why was Weinzapfel out? 

7 minutes ago, Screagle said:

Bosse could struggle the rest of the way. Sounds like 3 pretty good players have been dismissed for doing the new Tik Tok craze of vandalizing restrooms in school buildings.  Kudos to the principal for having  zero tolerance. 

If that is the case, North should win pretty comfortably 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spitting Llamas said:

Is Grant young and upgrade or a downgrade from Weinzapfel? Why was Weinzapfel out? 

From what I know, he was one of 3 players battling it out with Weinzapfel for the starting position over the summer, but it eventually came down to Holsworth and Weinzapfel 

Edited by TigerFan20

4 hours ago, Screagle said:

Bosse could struggle the rest of the way. Sounds like 3 pretty good players have been dismissed for doing the new Tik Tok craze of vandalizing restrooms in school buildings.  Kudos to the principal for having  zero tolerance. 

Yeah, few things are as cool as vandalizing a public restroom.  Who cares about TDs, tackles, or winning a football game when you can steal a fire extinguisher or destroy a soap dispenser or TP holder.  Now THAT is cool!  SMH 

Let's hope they learn a valuable lesson and that it doesn't cost them much more than a few meaningless "Likes", "Thumbs Up", or whatever the heck kids give them on Tik Tok...  (dumb as a rock?)

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, MDAlum82 said:

Yeah, few things are as cool as vandalizing a public restroom.  Who cares about TDs, tackles, or winning a football game when you can steal a fire extinguisher or destroy a soap dispenser or TP holder.  Now THAT is cool!  SMH 

Let's hope they learn a valuable lesson and that it doesn't cost them much more than a few meaningless "Likes", "Thumbs Up", or whatever the heck kids give them on Tik Tok...  (dumb as a rock?)

Probably much bigger issues in these boys' lives. Hopefully this is a wake-up and... Yeah. Anyone working at Bosse, I don't envy. I couldn't do it. 

3 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Probably much bigger issues in these boys' lives. Hopefully this is a wake-up and... Yeah. Anyone working at Bosse, I don't envy. I couldn't do it. 

Probably true, but...  If your mental barometer doesn't tell you this kind of behavior is a bad idea, even as teenager, your life will be a never ending series of bad decisions with predictable outcomes. If this is a wake up call, will anyone answer?

• Sad 1

In football related news, Jasper methodically taking Mater Dei apart.  Aided greatly by poor M.D.  execution with an early INT., a blocked punt by Jasper, and M.D. asleep at the wheel on a fake punt on 4th and 15, Jasper has all but put this away at half, leading 24 - 7.  M.D. has more pts than 1st downs but does get 2nd half kick off.