Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC 2021

8 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Ellspermann had a big night

He looked fantastic tonight.  I’ve been hard on him.  But he was nearly flawless.  Throws were on target and to the right receivers.  He tucked and ran when nobody was open.  Showed poise and patience.

That drop by a wide-open Shea robbed him of about 35 extra yards, too.  It was perfectly thrown.

12 minutes ago, MHSTigerFan said:

He looked fantastic tonight.  I’ve been hard on him.  But he was nearly flawless.  Throws were on target and to the right receivers.  He tucked and ran when nobody was open.  Showed poise and patience.

That drop by a wide-open Shea robbed him of about 35 extra yards, too.  It was perfectly thrown.

Unofficially he went 81% 370 yards and 2 TDS, and like 50 yards rushing. He has improved the last couple of games, such a nice playmaker. Tyler and Brodie had big games too. Wasn’t a fan of that Shea drop, as that was literally in his hands

Edited by TigerFan20

9 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Guessing all eyes on a potential Memorial-Jasper rematch in the sectional 

That would be great to see...betting it won't happen in the sectional final, however. My money is on one portion of the bracket being some combination of Reitz vs VL or Harrison and Central vs. whichever of those teams doesn't face Reitz. That'll leave someone in the remaining teams of Memorial, Boonville and Jasper with a bye and Jasper/Memorial happening somewhere in either Round 1 or 2.

1 hour ago, TruthHammer said:

That would be great to see...betting it won't happen in the sectional final, however. My money is on one portion of the bracket being some combination of Reitz vs VL or Harrison and Central vs. whichever of those teams doesn't face Reitz. That'll leave someone in the remaining teams of Memorial, Boonville and Jasper with a bye and Jasper/Memorial happening somewhere in either Round 1 or 2.

Oops...I meant Northview instead of VL

12 hours ago, MHSTigerFan said:

Somebody tell me who deserves SIAC POY more than Ray Brodie.

Nobody deserves it more than Brodie. That kid is pure electricity. If Memorial is going to beat Jasper in sectionals it will be because of Ray Brodie. I don't think it happens but if Brodie can break off a few big ones Memorial has a chance. 

2 hours ago, TruthHammer said:

I agree, a Jasper/Memorial rematch will either be R1 or R2. There is always something sketchy with the drawing every year, like Reitz/Central for 4 years straight or Jasper/Central last year 

Week 7 takeaways 

-Jasper is good and will the SIAC 9-0. Castle had no answer last night. Foley was a beast last night with 110 yards? Young is definitely a stud at QB

-North explodes in scoring the 2H after a close 1H with the Alices 

-Central survives an scare against Harrison, as Central intercepted the ball in the EZ in the final seconds 

-Mater Dei takes a nice dub from Bosse. Saw Bosse had a safety too

-Memorial spoils Homecoming tonight at Reitz in blowout fashion, and wins the City Title outright 

Edited by TigerFan20

1 hour ago, Spitting Llamas said:

Nobody deserves it more than Brodie. That kid is pure electricity. If Memorial is going to beat Jasper in sectionals it will be because of Ray Brodie. I don't think it happens but if Brodie can break off a few big ones Memorial has a chance. 

A common refrain around Memorial circles about Brodie is “Where did this kid come from and why hasn’t he touched the ball until this year?”

He played DB last year and was good, if unremarkable.  And since he didn’t come up through Memorial’s feeder system, people didn’t know much about him.

The plan since practice began was to have the dual threat running game.  Coming into the season, most people figured it would be Tyler and Russell.  Unfortunately, RB got hurt early in week 1 against Jasper and he didn’t really get a chance to shine until the Central game in week 3.  And (not coincidentally, IMO) we’ve been a different team than we were those first couple games.

It’s really a great story.  He’s gone from virtual unknown to probably the most potent offensive threat in the conference in the course of just a few weeks.

Yeah, he’s fast.  But he’s also elusive, runs great off blocks, and packs a power punch too.

4 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

I agree, a Jasper/Memorial rematch will either be R1 or R2. There is always something sketchy with the drawing every year, like Reitz/Central for 4 years straight or Jasper/Central last year 

Agree on the sketchy aspect of this....and in rethinking my first, mistake riddled post, I would say that some combination of Reitz vs. Boonville/Harrison and Central vs. Harrison/Boonville is a likely scenario, with Jasper, Memorial and Northview in the opposite end of the draw...Central or Reitz having a shot at a simpler berth in the Sectional Final while the three best teams in Sectional 24 having to beat each other up in Rd's 1 and 2.

Memorial vs Jasper in this Sectional final would be a great ballgame, IMHO.

4 minutes ago, TruthHammer said:

Agree on the sketchy aspect of this....and in rethinking my first, mistake riddled post, I would say that some combination of Reitz vs. Boonville/Harrison and Central vs. Harrison/Boonville is a likely scenario, with Jasper, Memorial and Northview in the opposite end of the draw...Central or Reitz having a shot at a simpler berth in the Sectional Final while the three best teams in Sectional 24 having to beat each other up in Rd's 1 and 2.

Memorial vs Jasper in this Sectional final would be a great ballgame, IMHO.

Don’t forget that S24 has the rarity of a built in bye week too. With the draw coming up in a week, here’s what I think 

Top part

Bye week: Northview 

R1: Central vs Jasper

Bottom part 

R1: Reitz vs Boonville 

R1: Harrison vs Memorial 

I think at least one of the better teams will be in the bottom part of the bracket, and 2 at top. For a great Sectional Final game, like last year

7 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Don’t forget that S24 has the rarity of a built in bye week too. With the draw coming up in a week, here’s what I think 

Top part

Bye week: Northview 

R1: Central vs Jasper

Bottom part 

R1: Reitz vs Boonville 

R1: Harrison vs Memorial 

I think at least one of the better teams will be in the bottom part of the bracket, and 2 at top. For a great Sectional Final game, like last year

I'd prefer to get Jasper in Rd. 1.