IFCA poll 

5A: 

12. Castle 

4A: 

4. Jasper

6. Memorial 

2A: 

7. Mater Dei

The first beside me to know... This thing is being a pain in my back side this year. Every security fix that drops breaks something when I install it.

• Like 2

MasseyRating picks

Memorial (-3) at Castle, 55% chance of victory for the Tigers 

Mater Dei (-7) at Reitz, 63% chance of victory for the Cats 

Central at North (-13), 73% chance of victory for the Huskies 

Harrison (-6) at Bosse, 60% chance of victory for the Warriors 

Jasper (-33) at VL, 99% chance of victory for the Cats 

Memorial at Castle will be a good one. It will be the first time Memorial has played on real grass this year and the weather forecast is calling for rain throughout the day and evening.  Memorial's D has been pretty stout since Wk. 2, but Castle will be the toughest test since Jasper IMO. Castle seems to have had trouble getting a run game going recently, but their QB is solid. 

I don't see Reitz giving MD much trouble.  North has been playing well and should easily take care of Central.  Jasper will roll Lincoln.  Who knows what could happen in the Harrison/Bosse game.  

Edited by tango
  • Like 1

I agree Tango, Castle is going to be super tough to beat at their place. It will be be hard to contain Tilly has he is nearly making 70% of his attempts and has made some crazy throws with that receiver Corp. However, their run has decreased a bit, especially only getting -11 rushing yards against Jasper. Their Pass D has been suspicious too in some games, but Castle is still a tough team and will play extremely hard against us anyway. Last year, we had a trouble all game containing Guerzini from what I remember 

Edited by TigerFan20

52 minutes ago, tango said:

It will be the first time Memorial has played on real grass this year and the weather forecast is calling for rain throughout the day and evening. 

One of the best things about most HS stadiums getting turf is that mud-bowls are an increasingly rare thing.

Glancing at the forecast, they're calling for thunderstorms on Friday evening.  Maybe we'll see some/all area games moved to Saturday due to lightning?

17 minutes ago, MHSTigerFan said:

One of the best things about most HS stadiums getting turf is that mud-bowls are an increasingly rare thing.

Glancing at the forecast, they're calling for thunderstorms on Friday evening.  Maybe we'll see some/all area games moved to Saturday due to lightning?

Eh, the weather here changes all the time, probably rain in the early morning and then be clear for the rest of the day

John Harrell’s Sectional favorites 

Sectional 15: Bloomington Schools are heavy favorites, Castle is a dark horse  

Sectional 24: Memorial and Jasper 

Sectional 40: Surprisingly, Linton is the heavy favorite for the sectional and then North Posey. But Mater Dei will contend with Linton in R2 

Here is the link:

http://scoreboard.homestead.com/football/pix.htm#loaded

1 hour ago, TigerFan20 said:

John Harrell’s Sectional favorites 

Sectional 15: Bloomington Schools are heavy favorites, Castle is a dark horse  

Sectional 24: Memorial and Jasper 

Sectional 40: Surprisingly, Linton is the heavy favorite for the sectional and then North Posey. But Mater Dei will contend with Linton in R2 

Here is the link:

http://scoreboard.homestead.com/football/pix.htm#loaded

Interesting that JH has Memorial as a heavy fav in 24.  Makes me think that is about as off as not having MD favored in 40...

I think JH uses Sagarin and homefield to run something like 1,000 simulations for each class.  Or maybe I'm making that up.

As discussed numerous times on here, there are flaws with that method for SIAC schools.

Two weeks from now I wonder what it will look like after Boonville/Reitz, Vincennes/Princeton, Bosse/Corydon, and Jasper/Northview.  All of those games feature teams that finished roughly the same spot in their respective conferences. 

6 minutes ago, Moonshiners said:

I doubt the Evansville Courier will write up an article on it, but I’m thinking of heading up to IU on Saturday to tailgate. 

I know Bosse’s QB and Dlineman visited a D2 school recently. And I think others from different have went to NAIA/D3 games

And of course Connor Foley committing to IU for Baseball.

Memorial’s Will Rodgers is also getting tons of D2 Lax interests

Edited by TigerFan20

20 hours ago, tango said:

Interesting that JH has Memorial as a heavy fav in 24.

The draw is the reason they are a heavy favorite.  All the good teams not named Memorial are in the bottom half of the bracket.  JH says the bottom half of the bracket has a 54% chance of winning sectional. 

39 minutes ago, Alduflux said:

This game should provide a good barometer to compare how much Jasper and Memorial have changed since week 1.

Memorial change started week 3 when Ray Brodie, Connor Agler, and John Shea came  back after missing weeks 1 and 2.  All 3 seniors and all 3 make big plays on both sides of the ball. Yes, Brodie started the game vs Jasper but went out with a concussion 1st D series.  Ray is by far the most explosive RB in the league.  Agler and Shea both are big hitters on D. I don’t care what happens Friday as long as the tigers stay healthy. Fingers crossed. I like our chances if the cats and tigers meet again. 

• Like 1

Short summary Picks:

North over Central by 10, I think Central will put up a fight against their rival, but Brawdy tears them from above

Mater Dei over Reitz by 13, going to be close for a bit, but Mater Dei pulls out late 

Bosse over Harrison by 9, GIVE ME THE DAWGS

Jasper over VL by 40, Wildcats will have no problems 

Memorial over Castle by 6, this game will be back and forth, but I won’t be surprised if Castle ends up winning and the total points will be below 40

Edited by TigerFan20
  • Like 2