Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC 2021

Congrats to the North Freshmen!  7-0 SIAC Champs.  Played the entire season without their best lineman, he has been a varsity starter since week 2.  They also endured several injuries, including a concussion to their top RB who suffered a concussion towards the end our week 5 varsity game.  Last night he returned against Central and had 2 carries for 124 yards and 2 TDs!  

This is a GREAT class, and has won their last 23 games.  

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, eschnur66 said:

Congrats to the North Freshmen!  7-0 SIAC Champs.  Played the entire season without their best lineman, he has been a varsity starter since week 2.  They also endured several injuries, including a concussion to their top RB who suffered a concussion towards the end our week 5 varsity game.  Last night he returned against Central and had 2 carries for 124 yards and 2 TDs!  

It’s only a matter of time North starts to compete for the SIAC, had some close this year, but didn’t finish. The culture is shifting at Bosse too with the feeder programs (undefeated 5/6th grade teams I think).

Takeaways

-Castle took control of Memorial’s mistakes tonight, and takes home an defensive struggle game on both sides. I’m sure the Barstools are going to enjoy this one.

-North gets its first win over Central for the first time since 2014. Saw Hankins had another big night

-Jasper wins the SIAC outright and looks to the postseason. The woes continue for VL.

-Harrison completes the comeback to beat Bosse in a tight game.

-Mater also avoids the upset over Reitz and wins a super close game against their Rival

On 10/15/2021 at 10:28 AM, eschnur66 said:

They'll end up going to memorial......

Just joking ...

1 hour ago, TigerFan20 said:

JH Sectional lines!

Memorial(-21) at Harrison 

Reitz at Boonville (-10) 

Northview at Jasper (-4)

VL at Princeton (-4)

Corydon Central at Bosse (-11)

Forest Park at Mater Dei (-14)

I’ve seen both Princeton and Forest Park this year, I’ll give the points and take MD and VL to cover.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bulldoggit said:

They'll end up going to memorial......

Just joking ...

well, kinda joking 

2 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

JH Sectional lines!

Memorial(-21) at Harrison 

Reitz at Boonville (-10) 

Northview at Jasper (-4)

VL at Princeton (-4)

Corydon Central at Bosse (-11)

Forest Park at Mater Dei (-14)

I'll take Memorial by 42 after the loss to Castle

Boonville isn't beating Reitz

Jasper by 30 

Lincoln will win 

Bosse covers and so does Mater Dei

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, jcat69 said:

Looks like 5 SIAC teams play non conference foes this week. May we'll start to get some sanity from Sagarin?

I believe so, but Memorial won’t play an non conference game until regionals, if they make it out of sectionals. So it could still be off until then

4 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

I believe so, but Memorial won’t play an non conference game until regionals, if they make it out of sectionals. So it could still be off until then

That won't matter much.  After Round 2 of sectionals it should be pretty close because there will be enough SIAC contact with the outside world..

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Memorial or any other singular school doesn't have to play a non-conference opponent for Sagarin to correct itself.  

Northview-Jasper and Reitz-Boonville could be two games where the lower rated team wins. Week 2 when Castle-Bloomington South play and potentially MD-Linton, that will be two more games of connection with the SIAC and other conferences around the state.  The ratings and SOS issues will probably we worked out by then.

If I were ranking by likelihood, I would guess Sectional 24 - just based on the # of teams, Sectional 40, and Sectional 15 are the most likely sectionals won by the conference.  

20 minutes ago, tango said:

That won't matter much.  After Round 2 of sectionals it should be pretty close because there will be enough SIAC contact with the outside world..

16 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

Memorial or any other singular school doesn't have to play a non-conference opponent for Sagarin to correct itself.  

Northview-Jasper and Reitz-Boonville could be two games where the lower rated team wins. Week 2 when Castle-Bloomington South play and potentially MD-Linton, that will be two more games of connection with the SIAC and other conferences around the state.  The ratings and SOS issues will probably we worked out by then.

If I were ranking by likelihood, I would guess Sectional 24 - just based on the # of teams, Sectional 40, and Sectional 15 are the most likely sectionals won by the conference.  

Thanks, not too familiar with the way Sagarin works

On 10/16/2021 at 3:46 PM, Spitting Llamas said:

Boonville isn't beating Reitz

I agree. How on earth is Boonville the favorite? Worse record in a worse conference, even being at home, it makes no sense to me. Realistically, anybody that saw Reitz against Jasper, North, and MD knows what the Panthers are capable of.  Try not to look ahead but can't help but look to the potential Jasper @ Reitz second round game. Reitz was within a score of them until late in the 4th quarter in the game at Jasper so that rematch seems interesting. Now I don't think Reitz will be blowing Boonville out, but I think they're a better team and should be carrying some momentum after being seconds away from beating MD.

Memorial(-21) at Harrison - Tigers with the running clock and get to rest their starters in the 2nd half.

Reitz at Boonville (-10) - I do think the Pioneers can keep this one close but Reitz carries some momentum after their well played week 9 game and wins by a few scores at least. 

Northview at Jasper (-4) - Northview seems to always have a good record but they have not seen a team even close to Jasper this season. Jasper wins this one fairly easily.

VL at Princeton (-4) - Not sure how Princeton is the favorite but I do think this one stays close for a bit until VL pulls away in the 2nd half.

Corydon Central at Bosse (-11) - Bosse has been struggling as of late but they get the win at home in this one.

Forest Park at Mater Dei (-14) - MD wins this one by a lot.

Edited by Football Fanatic

Sectional Picks

Memorial over Harrison by a lot, Memorial will build some confidence, after embarrassing themselves last Friday

Reitz over Boonville by 14, this game decides were the sectional championship is pretty much played at, but I don’t Boonville will finish 

Jasper over Northview by 16, Northview has kept it close with the conference best in recent years, like Central in 2018, but the Wildcats roll on

VL over Princeton by 6, VL gets the dub in a slug fest

Mater Dei over Forest Park by a lot, the Wildcats are eyeing the Linton Miners from last year’s rematch and Linton is doing the same thing.

enjoy the bye week Central, Castle, and North