Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC 2021

4 minutes ago, MDAlum82 said:

My thoughts exactly...

I guess we’ll see.  On the other hand, Bosse just curb-stomped Corydon.

Jasper turned the ball over 5 times.  I didn’t see them, of course.  So I have no idea if those were more errors on Jasper’s part or more strong D on NV’s part.

But there’s a reason they play the games.  And we’ll get to see how they do against Reitz next week.

SIAC Finals 

42-10 Memorial over Harrison 

28-14 Northview over Jasper 

42-6 Mater Dei over Forest Park

60-10 Bosse over CC 

48-20 VL over Princeton 

1 minute ago, TransplantedPanther said:

Unfortunately, yes he is a senior. Burnett is a junior and should be back next year. And of course the defense on the hill is starting 7 sophomores I believe it is. 

Panthers are young, I can see them improve next year 

Sectional R1 takeaways 

-Jay Smith for Reitz is really, really good for Reitz. Reitz looks to have found their offensive rhythm, but A strong and hungry Northview squad will be fired up

-Vincennes Lincoln quite amazing tonight, 48 straight points is no joke. Good job Alices

-Those Dawgs were hungry tonight, as Bosse offensively rips apart Corydon Central in the 1H. Mullen has some weapons

-Mater Dei does their thing and win. But Linton is eyeing them down for a rematch 

-Memorial handily beats Harrison in a blowout. Onto a home game with central coming off the bye. 

-Jasper, great season, but tonight was definitely not your night at all. You will be back next year. 

-Harrison, great season, but the struggles continues 

-Castle, North, and Central beat their Bye Weeks pretty easily

Edited by TigerFan20

9 hours ago, MHSTigerFan said:

I guess we’ll see.  On the other hand, Bosse just curb-stomped Corydon.

Jasper turned the ball over 5 times.  I didn’t see them, of course.  So I have no idea if those were more errors on Jasper’s part or more strong D on NV’s part.

But there’s a reason they play the games.  And we’ll get to see how they do against Reitz next week.

Sometimes a good team just lays an egg. I was surprised Northview won, but mainly because Northview wasn't all that impressive when we played them in 2019 and 2020. Looks as though they have improved and will be a big challenge in S24.  Sagarin seems to have adjusted a little bit. Next week's games will give a little clearer picture - six games against opponents in 4 different classes. 

27 minutes ago, tango said:

Sometimes a good team just lays an egg. I was surprised Northview won, but mainly because Northview wasn't all that impressive when we played them in 2019 and 2020. Looks as though they have improved and will be a big challenge in S24.  Sagarin seems to have adjusted a little bit. Next week's games will give a little clearer picture - six games against opponents in 4 different classes. 

Yeah, me too.

But just because a team wasn’t all that great last year doesn’t mean they haven’t improved a lot.  That’s not uncommon in HS football.  And it’s hard to tell from a regular season, because the levels of competition aren’t always on parity.

Jasper had an awfully good team.  So chances are that it wasn’t a fluke.

4 hours ago, tango said:

Jasper offense in my opinion was good but when that option gets stuffed and you have to throw the ball which didnt happen that often in conference play. I don't think that type offense will get you deep into the tournament in 4A. Maybe smaller classes but not with the size of kids in 4a and if having to play from behind on the scoreboard.

1 hour ago, Bulldoggit said:

Jasper offense in my opinion was good but when that option gets stuffed and you have to throw the ball which didnt happen that often in conference play. I don't think that type offense will get you deep into the tournament in 4A. Maybe smaller classes but not with the size of kids in 4a and if having to play from behind on the scoreboard.

That is definitely the Achilles heal of the option offense.  If you can get ahead and make them throw, and most option teams are in trouble.  Grinding out yards and eating up the clock is great...as long as you have the lead.  Get behind by a couple of TDs however, and playing catch up can be really difficult late in a game.  I heard Jasper had 5 TOs, not many teams, regardless of the type of offense they run, can overcome that in a high school game and win.  

2 hours ago, MDAlum82 said:

That is definitely the Achilles heal of the option offense.  If you can get ahead and make them throw, and most option teams are in trouble.  Grinding out yards and eating up the clock is great...as long as you have the lead.  Get behind by a couple of TDs however, and playing catch up can be really difficult late in a game.  I heard Jasper had 5 TOs, not many teams, regardless of the type of offense they run, can overcome that in a high school game and win.  

I thought Jasper actually threw the ball better this year than last.   Last year they really struggled, but this year they seemed somewhat capable.  

5 turnover make any offense look suspect.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, fenderbender said:

I thought Jasper actually threw the ball better this year than last.   Last year they really struggled, but this year they seemed somewhat capable.  

14 hours ago, fenderbender said:

16 hours ago, MDAlum82 said:

The Jasper offense scheme can be debated for its weaknesses until forever. All offense have weaknesses. And all types of offensive schemes can go deep into the tournament and win.  Good coaches put in what they think would be good ,with the abilities of the players they have to work with ,in any given year.  That said. 
5 turnovers has “L” written all over it.  If they were playing a weaker team maybe you don’t lose. But another good team took advantage. In hindsight Jasper has a very good team. 

• Like 1

Massey Rating Picks

Reitz at Northview (-14), 76% of victory for the Knights 

Mater Dei (-1) at Linton, 50% chance of victory for the Cats, pretty much a pick’em game 

Heritage Hills (-15) at Bosse, 81% chance of victory for the Patriots 

North at BHSN (-8), 66% chance of victory for the Cougars

BHSS at Castle (-6), 63% chance of victory for the Knights 

VL(-24) at Edgewood, 96% chance of victory for the Alices 

Central at Memorial (-28), 97% chance of victory for the Tigers