Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC 2021

2 hours ago, NorthKnox94 said:

when your up 34-18...and didn't take a knee...lost a lot of respect for the NP coaching staff

Understood, I'm confident he regrets scoring and heard him apologize after the game. That doesn't change anything, its unfortunate and shouldn't take away from a great team effort to beat a very tough NK team. 

3 hours ago, NorthKnox94 said:

Vincennes has played some really bad competition in the first 2 rounds of sectionals...and honesly...nk did not get taken to the wood shed...we had self inflicted errors that cost us some scoring drives...we held them enough to win...but, when you call time out with under 1:30 left in the game to score...when your up 34-18...and didn't take a knee...lost a lot of respect for the NP coaching staff...probably get some flack for the last comment...

Ok however you wanted it phrased..my point was NP is playing some good football right now. No disrespect meant toward our neighbors to the north. NK had a great season. 

And it goes without saying that VL got a favorable sectional draw. Didn’t need that pointed out but thanks! 

Edited by SEAL_63

2 hours ago, SEAL_63 said:

And it goes without saying that VL got a favorable sectional draw. 

Isn't just being in S30 a favorable sectional draw?  I mean... even *Princeton* somehow found themselves in the finals a couple years back... the sun shines on a blind dog's a$$ twice a day amirite??? 😬

I'M KIDDING... kinda.  Best of luck to the Alices this week!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bulldoggit said:

C'mon man you're playing in a 4 team conference with North Central (Farmersburg), Eastern Greene, and North Daviess. 

Dont base our season on those games...and we really cant help who we play...so, I really dont understand what your point is?

Edited by NorthKnox94

This post has now put me in the “contributor” stage! I have so many people to thank but such little time. First off I want to thank my mom. She’s always been a big inspiration and gave me the confidence I needed to reach for the stars. Now she doesn’t know anything about the GID but I’m sure she would be proud. Next I want to thank my wife and kids for giving me next to no time for anything…especially mowing the grass (one of my favorite past times). They played a crucial role in this achievement. Lastly I want to thank all the haters out there that said I couldn’t do it and made me even more determined to post. Go MD and the SIAC! America’s team needs to bring home the sectional crown once again.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Give me: 

Mater Dei by 14, North Posey can score, but Mater Dei is playing some great football right now

Owen Valley by 3 scores, maybe VL can have some juice early on in the game, but Owen Valley has looked solid this season 

Memorial at NV, do I really need to pick one of these teams? Not really, give me the over at 52

10 hours ago, Moonshiners said:

This post has now put me in the “contributor” stage! I have so many people to thank but such little time. First off I want to thank my mom. She’s always been a big inspiration and gave me the confidence I needed to reach for the stars. Now she doesn’t know anything about the GID but I’m sure she would be proud. Next I want to thank my wife and kids for giving me next to no time for anything…especially mowing the grass (one of my favorite past times). They played a crucial role in this achievement. Lastly I want to thank all the haters out there that said I couldn’t do it and made me even more determined to post. Go MD and the SIAC! America’s team needs to bring home the sectional crown once again.

One of the best, if not THE best acceptance speeches here on the Digest. Bravo!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, fenderbender said:

Anyone surprised at the Memorial-Northview picks in the C&P?

I know these guys are kind of homers, but only one had NV within single digits.

Seems like they are writing of the Memorial-Jasper game as a fluke and forgetting about Castle-Memorial.

Can’t see them at all this year, but not surprised 

15 minutes ago, fenderbender said:

Seems like they are writing of the Memorial-Jasper game as a fluke and forgetting about Castle-Memorial.

The Castle game was more of a fluke than Jasper IMO. Jasper beat us. We beat ourselves at Castle with muffed punts & KOs. 

20 minutes ago, fenderbender said:

I’m thinking the same as they are. Memorial is a Battle tested squad, at this level. Even if the talent is close, Memorial has been on the big stage over the years. 
But that said ,there is a possibility that this Northview team handles this level of play and this is why high school football is fun. And why they always play the game. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, fenderbender said:

I’m not much into explaining away losing performances.  An L is an L.  But those who are would probably say that MHS was missing key starters (Shea and Agler, plus Brody to early injury) against Jasper and that the Castle loss had a lot to do with weather-related TOs…a couple of which resulted in very favorable field position for the Knights.

But, then, bad weather affects both teams.