Head Coach Openings 2024 ×

SIAC 2021

On 11/13/2021 at 10:54 AM, TigerFan20 said:

Is Jay Smith planning to play College, saw he has been getting some small college offers. Just picked up a D3 offer from Carthage in Wisconsin 

Last I heard he has intentions to play in college and has some other lower level offers. I think Rose-Hulman is one of them, which I think he would be a perfect fit for. If he were a bit faster and maybe if Reitz was better, I think he would have a lot more offers. Very tough runner for his size and obviously answers the bell with all he has. Also pretty cool for him to leave his mark on such a storied program with the single game rushing record.

Any other potential college updates for SIAC players?

25 minutes ago, tango said:

A very cool Evansville HS football tradition. This is the only "award" team voted on exclusively by the players, who cannot vote for their own teammate(s). 

A whole lot of former QB Club members there today too.  I think the oldest one there was Ralph Weinzapfel from 1954.  His grandson Drew was a 3rd generation honoree.

22 minutes ago, Football Fanatic said:

All well deserved. Looks like Dixon from North and Vera from Reitz were the only two sophomores to make the team. Two very talented players that should make a lot of noise for the next few years. Speaking of Jay Smith, surprised he didn’t make this team. Any other surprises?

3169D535-B361-4033-A295-270E929F6A06.jpeg

The votes were taken at the conclusion of the regular season.  He had 440 yards in 2 postseason games.

His regular season was certainly good:  875 yds on 175 carries (5.0 ypc) with 14 TDs (plus 1 receiving TD).  But the vote came before his 332 yard 5 TD explosion against Boonville.

2 hours ago, MHSTigerFan said:

The votes were taken at the conclusion of the regular season.  He had 440 yards in 2 postseason games.

His regular season was certainly good:  875 yds on 175 carries (5.0 ypc) with 14 TDs (plus 1 receiving TD).  But the vote came before his 332 yard 5 TD explosion against Boonville.

And missed two games 

17 hours ago, tango said:

A very cool Evansville HS football tradition. This is the only "award" team voted on exclusively by the players, who cannot vote for their own teammate(s). 

This is the all-city team you want to make because it is voted on by your opponents.  I think it is a bigger honor to be recognized by your peers than by some writers for the Courier/Press.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

And that’s it for the SIAC this season! Congratulations on Mater Dei for making it to State and to all the other teams on their season. Onwards to the 2022 season!

You get the lights. I'm gonna sit by the fire a little longer and finish off this Woodford. Always hate to see the HS season end..

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, tango said:

You get the lights. I'm gonna sit by the fire a little longer and finish off this Woodford. Always hate to see the HS season end..

You and me both. But wraslin season is upon us

21 minutes ago, tango said:

You drink the expensive stuff