Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC 2021

Though the season is over for SIAC it is never to early to start speculating for next year! It also appears my preview was deleted or I did not save it. 

Preseason rankings: 

1. Memorial-returns nearly everyone on them team. Very strong senior and junior classes 

2. Mater Dei- Young, but are getting the experience 

Castle- ^

3.  Jasper- Can’t count out Jasper again this year 

4. North- Big statement for week 1, returns a decent amount 

5. Central- loses a lot of players and most of their scoring offense

6. Vincennes Lincoln- slowly getting there

7. Reitz- Don’t know who they return, but loses a decent amount

8. Bosse- still away, but should improve 

9.  Harrison- it will be a while Harrison 

Top 5 are interchangeable, just my speculation of what preseason will look like

I won't be doing all the teams, so I'll do mine: 

Memorial returns nearly all their starters from last years 8-4 team, who almost won their 5 straight sectional title. Though the season started off weak, they eventually won 8 straight games to reach the S24 final. The team returns starters on both offense and defense, including a very big O line. However, they lose Memorial star QB Colton Pence, who had a good season, and 5 other seniors including Vaughn, Quick, Stratman, Hoffman and McClearly. With most production returning, the Tigers will most likely be a preseason top 3 and my preseason #1( though I maybe biased).  

I think MD and Memorial will be neck and neck, just like they have been the last 2 years.

MD starters returning:

QB - Wunderlich

RB - Pierre and Humphrey

WR - McDurmon

OL - Boots, Carter, Wells

DL - Boots, Ralph

LB - Martin

DB - Mayer, Humphrey, McDurmon, Martin

Fill in the gaps with a JV team that beat Memorial JV 36-0 and I red and gold colored glasses gives the edge to MD.  Also, Castle will be right there as well.

Memorial loaded 

MD on the come

both heavy favorites

Castle run and play defense 

Central still have playmakers. Lot to replace though . Don’t love the QB

Bosse going to make a big jump

Jasper 

Reitz RB may be biggest impact player in SIAC next year

North biggest fall from past seasons

Harrison

VL might struggle to win a game with lose of talent 

2 hours ago, Evansville50 said:

Memorial loaded 

MD on the come

both heavy favorites

Jasper 

Harrison

Who is the Reitz impact running back next year? I don't recall seeing that kind of player on their roster this year. Brickey and Brown were very good but both are gone. Not sure who else remains. 

#34 I can’t remember his name. Will be a junior. Good size and explosive runner.

4 hours ago, Spitting Llamas said:

Who is the Reitz impact running back next year? I don't recall seeing that kind of player on their roster this year. Brickey and Brown were very good but both are gone. Not sure who else remains. 

See above 

17 minutes ago, Evansville50 said:

#34 I can’t remember his name. Will be a junior. Good size and explosive runner.

See above 

Oh yea, Burnett is very good

7 hours ago, Evansville50 said:

Memorial loaded 

MD on the come

both heavy favorites

Jasper 

Harrison

Problem with Central is that lose like 95% of their scoring offense and lose a lot of players defensively.  I was also include Memorial’s incoming freshman class too, Memorial will definitely be loaded this year and the years to come 

Memorial returns 

OL-  LT 6’7 285 Duff 

LG 6’7 280 Hartig 

C   6’2 230 Weinzapfel 

RG 6’0 260 Diaz 

RT 6’3 220 Cassidy 

WR- 6’2 175 Norman, 6’3 185 Collins, 5’11 170 Pearce, 5’8 180 Tyler, 5’11 175 Russel, 6’3 185 Shea and a few others 

RB- Russel and Tyler 

QB- up for grabs 

Defense: 

DL- DE 6’1 170 Farmer 

DT/DE 6’4 230 Collins 

DT 6’3 225 Farmer or Diaz

DE 6’0 200 Johnson or 6’4 185 Tornatta 

LB- Russel, Shea, Tyler, or Rodgers and Brackett 

CB- Agler and a few others 

S- Brodie and a few others 

There are many other players that can contribute to the team, but I think that’s how Memorial looks like next year 

20 minutes ago, Spitting Llamas said:

I've heard rumblings that Herdes is transferring to Memorial but I don't have much faith in that happening. I also heard he was transferring to Mater Dei for his freshman year and obviously that never happened. 

Like how Brady Allen was going to transfer to Memorial his sophomore year a couple years ago. It was one interesting rumor

15 hours ago, tango said:

I hear that may change after Christmas.  

I’ve heard the same thing.  We’ll see.

Caleb Ellspermann is quick, elusive, and athletic.  And he performed well when called upon this year - especially in the win over Castle.

But he may be better suited to be a slot receiver than a QB.

• Like 1

I heard of a transfer in from out of state.  Parents are moving to Evansville.  I'm usually wrong, so who knows....

58 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Like how Brady Allen was going to transfer to Memorial his sophomore year a couple years ago. It was one interesting rumor

I never heard this rumor.  I wish I had, it would have made for some fun here on the GID.    

1 hour ago, Spitting Llamas said:

I've heard rumblings that Herdes is transferring to Memorial but I don't have much faith in that happening. I also heard he was transferring to Mater Dei for his freshman year and obviously that never happened. 

Same here, but I suspect he'll stay put.  

29 minutes ago, tango said:

I heard of a transfer in from out of state.  Parents are moving to Evansville.  I'm usually wrong, so who knows....

I never heard this rumor.  I wish I had, it would have made for some fun here on the GID.    

Out of State? That’s new, I was thinking it was going to be between our current ones

26 minutes ago, tango said:

I've also heard a rumor of a local offensive lineman transferring in.

I put no stock in any of these rumors.  For one thing, it can be risky to transfer schools -- as Curt Hopf can testify.  Coming in from out of state is one thing.  But across town?  I'm actually kind of curious how Javonte Madison and Xavier Tyler transferred from Bosse to Central & Memorial with no IHSAA pushback.

4 minutes ago, MHSTigerFan said:

I've also heard a rumor of a local offensive lineman transferring in.

I put no stock in any of these rumors.  For one thing, it can be risky to transfer schools -- as Curt Hopf can testify.  Coming in from out of state is one thing.  But across town?  I'm actually kind of curious how Javonte Madison and Xavier Tyler transferred from Bosse to Central & Memorial with no IHSAA pushback.

I was thinking transferring a semester early before the season starts, I don’t really like going into this stuff on this forum when it comes to this type of situation. However out of state is a whole different thing

Edited by TigerFan20

My only real concern about Memorial next year is the lack of big play guys on defense. Each year they made it to state they had some. McGuire, both Combs, Goodwin to name a few. Next years team doesn’t have that. Russell is a solid player but not a game wrecker on D. Agler is probably the best defender but hard for a high school corner to make a big impact. The defense will be a good team defense. They will be fine in the city but to get over the hump in the tournament you need dudes. 

8 minutes ago, Evansville50 said:

My only real concern about Memorial next year is the lack of big play guys on defense. Each year they made it to state they had some. McGuire, both Combs, Goodwin to name a few. Next years team doesn’t have that. Russell is a solid player but not a game wrecker on D. Agler is probably the best defender but hard for a high school corner to make a big impact. The defense will be a good team defense. They will be fine in the city but to get over the hump in the tournament you need dudes. 

I don't disagree with your point at all, but in 2019 our 1 and only "dude" was Brock Combs.  We beat some darn good teams (Mooresville, MV Fortville & East Noble) on our way to a 4A title with a bunch of mostly undersized, regular guys who played very well as a unit.