Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC 2021

6 hours ago, Evansville50 said:

My only real concern about Memorial next year is the lack of big play guys on defense. Each year they made it to state they had some. McGuire, both Combs, Goodwin to name a few. Next years team doesn’t have that. Russell is a solid player but not a game wrecker on D. Agler is probably the best defender but hard for a high school corner to make a big impact. The defense will be a good team defense. They will be fine in the city but to get over the hump in the tournament you need dudes. 

I was impressed by a couple sophs on the D line:  Caleb Collins and Kelton Farmer.

And I thought Farmer’s brother Aiden (a junior this year) deserved more accolades than he got for his play at DE.  I’m pretty sure he led the conference in sacks.  If not, he was up there.

Also keep your eye on DC Ben Johnson’s sophomore son Carac at LB.  He missed most of the season with a knee injury.  But he played well after returning and that kid is a terrific athlete with a great motor.  Just have to hope he can stay healthy.

5 minutes ago, MHSTigerFan said:

I was impressed by a couple sophs on the D line:  Caleb Collins and Kelton Farmer.

And I thought Farmer’s brother Aiden (a junior this year) deserved more accolades than he got for his play at DE.  I’m pretty sure he led the conference in sacks.  If not, he was up there.

Also keep your eye on DC Ben Johnson’s sophomore son Carac at LB.  He missed most of the season with a knee injury.  But he played well after returning and that kid is a terrific athlete with a great motor.  Just have to hope he can stay healthy.

Did Johnson switch positions or is he just an athlete?

4 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Did Johnson switch positions or is he just an athlete?

I’m not sure I understand the question.

But I’d say he’s probably the best overall athlete on the team.  Deceptively fast, physical, great instincts, motor.  I bet he’ll put on a solid 15-20 in the next year, too.

12 minutes ago, MHSTigerFan said:

But I’d say he’s probably the best overall athlete on the team.  Deceptively fast, physical, great instincts, motor.  I bet he’ll put on a solid 15-20 in the next year, too.

Oh ok, I didn’t realize he played the LB position too, I only knew he played DE

21 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Oh ok, I didn’t realize he played the LB position too, I only knew he played DE

He played DE early on, but finished at OLB.  Lucas Hoffman had rejoined the team by then and he and Farmer had the DE spots.

If Carac can stay healthy, I believe he’ll be one of the defensive stars of the SIAC the next couple years.  Him and Russell should make for a really tough duo there.

7 minutes ago, MHSTigerFan said:

He played DE early on, but finished at OLB.  Lucas Hoffman had rejoined the team by then and he and Farmer had the DE spots.

If Carac can stay healthy, I believe he’ll be one of the defensive stars of the SIAC the next couple years.  Him and Russell should make for a really tough duo there.

Ah ok, we will miss Hoffman very much

On 12/4/2020 at 9:53 PM, MHSTigerFan said:

I think a majority of the team will try to gain 10-20 more pounds, especially both OL and DL

Edited by TigerFan20

Memorial has the #1, #2, and #4 top tacklers returning next year in the SIAC with Rogers, Russell, and Farmer. As well as #1 in sacks with Farmer.

https://www.maxpreps.com/m/stat_leaders/list.aspx?ssid=a9cbf684-16ef-4997-9539-15fefe9df410&leagueid=88a7daf0-3ce3-4ff6-9204-e045986cd88a&statcategory=defense,tackles

Johnson can play anywhere on the defensive side and have success, expect him to have a good next 2 seasons.

2 hours ago, Bo knows said:

Memorial has the #1, #2, and #4 top tacklers returning next year in the SIAC with Rogers, Russell, and Farmer. As well as #1 in sacks with Farmer.

https://www.maxpreps.com/m/stat_leaders/list.aspx?ssid=a9cbf684-16ef-4997-9539-15fefe9df410&leagueid=88a7daf0-3ce3-4ff6-9204-e045986cd88a&statcategory=defense,tackles

Johnson can play anywhere on the defensive side and have success, expect him to have a good next 2 seasons.

Memorial will be loaded for the next couple of years

CLASS SECTIONAL JOHN HARRELL'S INDIANA HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL RECENT SEASONS
4A 24 E-MAIL CORRECTIONS FOOTBALL FIELD 0-0
TOURNAMENT HISTORY
EVANSVILLE MEMORIAL
TIGERS
Coach: John Hurley, 108-59 in 14th year at school

DATE OPPONENT CENTRAL TIME OA 0.0, DA 0.0
Aug. 20   Jasper 4A © 6:30 pm    
Aug. 27   Evansville North 5A © 7:00 pm    
Sep. 3 at Evansville Central 4A © 7:00 pm    
Sep. 10   Evansville Mater Dei 2A © 7:00 pm    
Sep. 17   Evansville Harrison 4A © 7:00 pm    
Sep. 24 at Evansville Bosse 3A © 7:00 pm    
Oct. 1 at Evansville Reitz 4A © 7:00 pm    
Oct. 8   Vincennes Lincoln 3A © 6:30 pm    
Oct. 15 at Castle 5A © 7:00 pm    
©SOUTHERN INDIANA CONFERENCE GAME

On 12/2/2020 at 1:58 PM, Spitting Llamas said:

Who is the Reitz impact running back next year? I don't recall seeing that kind of player on their roster this year. Brickey and Brown were very good but both are gone. Not sure who else remains. 

I assume it is Jonas Burnett, just a sophomore and did not get many carries until the end of the season. Seems like he is lightning in a bottle, kind of kid who just needs a little space to break it. Good comparison would probably be one of the Evans brothers from Central, as far as size and speed. I've been told he is a track star and fairly raw for football. But I would bet he will be a well-known name over the next few years in the SIAC.

Reitz does lose some seniors but also return a good amount of starters/contributors. Based on who was playing at the end of the season, they should return 7-8 starters on both sides of the ball. I would also bet that their talented freshmen class will have a handful of contributors as sophomores. And as with other schools, there's been rumors of possible new additions/transfers. Will update when I get more scoops from my west side source 😁

Side comment - Here's to hoping we all can actually attend the games next season! 

4 hours ago, Football Fanatic said:

I assume it is Jonas Burnett, just a sophomore and did not get many carries until the end of the season. Seems like he is lightning in a bottle, kind of kid who just needs a little space to break it. Good comparison would probably be one of the Evans brothers from Central, as far as size and speed. I've been told he is a track star and fairly raw for football. But I would bet he will be a well-known name over the next few years in the SIAC.

Reitz does lose some seniors but also return a good amount of starters/contributors. Based on who was playing at the end of the season, they should return 7-8 starters on both sides of the ball. I would also bet that their talented freshmen class will have a handful of contributors as sophomores. And as with other schools, there's been rumors of possible new additions/transfers. Will update when I get more scoops from my west side source 😁

Side comment - Here's to hoping we all can actually attend the games next season! 

Burnett has been playing football for years. I'm not sure how "raw" he is. I will agree though, he is lightening fast. If he gets the corner, goodbye. 

1 hour ago, TigerFan20 said:

Updated pre season 

1. Memorial(-)

2. Mater Dei(-)

3. Castle (-)

4. Jasper (+1)

5. Central(-1) 

6. Reitz(+1) 

7. North(-3) 

8. VL(-2) 

9. Bosse(-) 

10. Harrison(-)

I think that any one of your top 4 could come out on top.

I really like Caleb Ellspermann a lot.  Great kid, great athlete, quick.  And it’s good that he got some real experience under center this past season - particularly in the Castle game.  But I have to say that QB is still a bit of a question mark for Memorial, IMO.

19 minutes ago, MHSTigerFan said:

I think that any one of your top 4 could come out on top.

I really like Caleb Ellspermann a lot.  Great kid, great athlete, quick.  And it’s good that he got some real experience under center this past season - particularly in the Castle game.  But I have to say that QB is still a bit of a question mark for Memorial, IMO.

Heard a few things about the QB Situation, I’m sure they will find the right guy