Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC 2021

My reply/predictions to TigerFan20 post:

"

From some observations/questions 

Who will be the next starting Memorial QB? Ellsperman

Can Jasper maker some noise again this year? Yes but not as much, lose a lot of key players

Can North finally get above .500 after a disappointing end to the season last year? Not this year

Do we see any improvements from Bosse and Harrison? Yes, Harrison returns most of their team

Will Coach Brunson get his first winning season at Reitz? Yes, I would say 5-4 or 6-3

Does a talented MD team finally make it to state? I would say they have a good chance  

Does Castle make some noise in the tournament again? I think they make a Regional run

How will Alices look in their 2nd year in the SIAC? Not much better, lost some key players, but they will never go down without a strong fight

Which SIAC team will surprise the conference? Would be a surprise if MD, Memorial, Castle are not the top 3. Reitz could surprise with a winning record and finish 4th. Harrison may surprise with 3+ wins.

How will Central look after losing tons of talent from their senior class? Lost key skill players and their coach who just brought in a new offense. Could be a tough year for them with lack of experience and new coach/playbook.

"

19 minutes ago, Football Fanatic said:

Not sure of any team camps. But I do know there are plenty of scrimmages and 7 on 7s scheduled, which is great. Hopefully the kids get a *mostly* normal preseason and summer.

If you're going to burn a competition day....get more than one team there!

14 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

From some observations/questions 

Who will be the next starting Memorial QB?

Can Jasper maker some noise again this year? 

Can North finally get above .500 after a disappointing end to the season last year?

Do we see any improvements from Bosse and Harrison?

Will Coach Brunson get his first winning season at Reitz?

Does a talented MD team finally make it to state? 

Does Castle make some noise in the tournament again?

How will Alices look in their 2nd year in the SIAC?

Which SIAC team will surprise the conference?
How will Central look after losing tons of talent from their senior class?

Discuss below

Ellsperman should be the starting QB at Memorial. Not that I have any inside knowledge of the situation but he filled in nicely last year when Pence was out and was the JV QB prior to that. The kid is a very good athlete and should step right in. He's got the ability for sure.

I expect Jasper to be good every year. They might not be what they were in 2020, but I would expect them in the top half of the conference again.

Will North be better than Memorial, Castle, MD, Reitz, Central, Jasper? I don't think so and that puts them below .500 again unless they can make a run in the playoffs. I don't see that happening either.

MD should be very good. There is a lot of talent returning but some questions to answer as well. A couple of offensive lineman need to be replaced as well as a trio of wide receivers. If there is improvement across the board from the returners and kids step into those roles then yes a trip to Lucas Oil is within reach.

Castle will be near the top of the conference yet again. I wouldn't be surprised to see a return trip to semi state.

Not sure what Vincennes returns but they could take some lumps this year. They should beat both Bosse and Harrison, could beat North and possibly Reitz, but will struggle with the remainder of their schedule in my opinion. 

I expect Central to fall to the middle third of the conference. They will still have some talent I'm sure, but what will the new coach's system be? Will they throw it around the yard with Herdes back or try to find a couple of running backs to replace the production they lose in Evans, Boberg and Madison. That's a lot to lose. 

Not sure who will be the biggest surprise but if I had to make a couple of picks it would be Central to fall further than the middle of the conference and end up with 6 losses. On the trending up side, I would think MD to run the table and finish the conference schedule undefeated. Only time will tell. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spitting Llamas said:

Ellsperman should be the starting QB at Memorial. Not that I have any inside knowledge of the situation but he filled in nicely last year when Pence was out and was the JV QB prior to that. The kid is a very good athlete and should step right in. He's got the ability for sure.

I expect Jasper to be good every year. They might not be what they were in 2020, but I would expect them in the top half of the conference again.

Will North be better than Memorial, Castle, MD, Reitz, Central, Jasper? I don't think so and that puts them below .500 again unless they can make a run in the playoffs. I don't see that happening either.

MD should be very good. There is a lot of talent returning but some questions to answer as well. A couple of offensive lineman need to be replaced as well as a trio of wide receivers. If there is improvement across the board from the returners and kids step into those roles then yes a trip to Lucas Oil is within reach.

Castle will be near the top of the conference yet again. I wouldn't be surprised to see a return trip to semi state.

Not sure what Vincennes returns but they could take some lumps this year. They should beat both Bosse and Harrison, could beat North and possibly Reitz, but will struggle with the remainder of their schedule in my opinion. 

I expect Central to fall to the middle third of the conference. They will still have some talent I'm sure, but what will the new coach's system be? Will they throw it around the yard with Herdes back or try to find a couple of running backs to replace the production they lose in Evans, Boberg and Madison. That's a lot to lose. 

Not sure who will be the biggest surprise but if I had to make a couple of picks it would be Central to fall further than the middle of the conference and end up with 6 losses. On the trending up side, I would think MD to run the table and finish the conference schedule undefeated. Only time will tell. 

Castle, Memorial, and MD games will be something to watch in the new few months, wouldn’t surprise me if either teams will be undefeated at the end of the regular season 

For the QB situation at Memorial, there was a transfer rumor, but I’m pretty sure that ended up false. But there are a trio of incoming freshman QB I heard they were supposed to be good

Edited by TigerFan20

Just now, TigerFan20 said:

Ellpsermann stats

~300 yards 32/43 .744 Cmp%

1/2 TD/INT 

9.0 y/ per completion 

4.8 yards per carry (really good stat)

Yes Ellsperman has good legs. He's a very good athlete. I can't see a freshman starting over Caleb as a junior. I'm sure Ellsperman will spend the summer working on being the starting quarterback 

5 minutes ago, Spitting Llamas said:

Yes Ellsperman has good legs. He's a very good athlete. I can't see a freshman starting over Caleb as a junior. I'm sure Ellsperman will spend the summer working on being the starting quarterback 

I would agree too, he will probably go through a growth spurt too and probably add 10-15 more pounds

7 hours ago, Titan32 said:

@ClubMemorial - So what happened with the out of state transfer? (not that he is needed at all)

Honestly, I have no idea. He was supposed to enroll this semester, but never did, according to my source. However, he could transfer in after his Junior year is finished. At this point, who really knows  

7 hours ago, Titan32 said:

@ClubMemorial - So what happened with the out of state transfer? (not that he is needed at all)

He also probably had a change of heart and decided to stay

2 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

He also probably had a change of heart and decided to stay

Was/is relocating even up to him?  Usually these have to do with a parent relocating for work or other family matters.  But sometimes it’s a student moving between parents/guardians, when they might have more say.

Anyway, we can’t even be sure the kid was a better option than what we have.  But I continue to believe that QB will be a question mark for Memorial.  Somebody mentioned a couple incoming freshmen — those kids are great athletes who should be impact players at some point.  But, let’s face it, probably not next year.

As others have said, the SIAC should be a dogfight between MD, Memorial, and Castle. They each return lots of kids from pretty good teams.   But you can never count Jasper out of anything.

1 hour ago, MHSTigerFan said:

Was/is relocating even up to him?  Usually these have to do with a parent relocating for work or other family matters.  But sometimes it’s a student moving between parents/guardians, when they might have more say.

Anyway, we can’t even be sure the kid was a better option than what we have.  But I continue to believe that QB will be a question mark for Memorial.  Somebody mentioned a couple incoming freshmen — those kids are great athletes who should be impact players at some point.  But, let’s face it, probably not next year.

As others have said, the SIAC should be a dogfight between MD, Memorial, and Castle. They each return lots of kids from pretty good teams.   But you can never count Jasper out of anything.

I think he was going to move back to Evansville and his Dad really liked Memorial. Heard they toured a couple of schools and chose us. But that’s the rumor 

13 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Man, I can’t wait for the season to start back up

You're not alone. With strict Illinois starting their spring football season and allowing some fans + Indiana restrictions loosening up even more, you start to feel like we could have a very-close-to normal season. Not only are fans pumped to be able to attend games again, but I'm sure the kids are more excited than ever, and I would imagine more kids will come out this season. Win, lose, or draw, this will be a season where we all can just appreciate what we have with high school football and not take it for granted.

I think we are going to see a very normal football season this fall. Indiana Covid-19 numbers are declining rapidly while the number of people vaccinated is increasing just as fast. I think we are going to lose our mask mandate soon and have a normal summer and fall season. Cant wait!

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Football Fanatic said:

bump

Thread has been quiet for three weeks. Just checking in with y'all - any news, updates, or thoughts? 

April is here so I assume teams will be having spring camps soon, which has to be exciting considering last year at this time. 

When is the next school board meeting?  I keep expecting an announcement about Central's coach but it has been quiet.  And no, I have no information on this, I'm just really curious.  Not very often does the defending conference champ make a change at HC, but Central will be doing it for the 3rd time in 4 years. 

1 hour ago, oldtimeqb said:

When is the next school board meeting?  I keep expecting an announcement about Central's coach but it has been quiet.  And no, I have no information on this, I'm just really curious.  Not very often does the defending conference champ make a change at HC, but Central will be doing it for the 3rd time in 4 years. 

Next school board meeting should be this coming Monday, April 5th. I assume they have made their choice and it will be announced then. Based on west side chatter, I am pretty sure I know who it will be and I would think it will surprise some people.

6 minutes ago, Football Fanatic said:

Next school board meeting should be this coming Monday, April 5th. I assume they have made their choice and it will be announced then. Based on west side chatter, I am pretty sure I know who it will be and I would think it will surprise some people.

I clearly state I have no inside information, and then you gotta tease us like that. 😃  

47 minutes ago, Football Fanatic said:

Well let's hear who you think it is. I'm on the west side as well and haven't heard a word. You must have some connected sources.  

7 minutes ago, Spitting Llamas said:

Well let's hear who you think it is. I'm on the west side as well and haven't heard a word. You must have some connected sources.  

Not trying to spread rumors since I don't know for sure, but I'll say they are getting a defensive guy from a nearby foe.