Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC 2021

On 3/31/2021 at 1:31 PM, Football Fanatic said:

Next school board meeting should be this coming Monday, April 5th. I assume they have made their choice and it will be announced then. Based on west side chatter, I am pretty sure I know who it will be and I would think it will surprise some people.

I knew he applied but was surprised when I heard he was the choice.  Former asst. coach at CHS under Burgess I believe.

On 4/3/2021 at 5:44 PM, TigerFan20 said:

Spill the beans @Football Fanatic! can’t keep me waiting!

Lol. So after what fbcoachD and I said, you know that he is a defensive coach from a nearby foe and a former asst coach at Central. I figured that would give it away. I believe it will be made official tonight at the school board meeting. 

2 hours ago, Football Fanatic said:

Lol. So after what fbcoachD and I said, you know that he is a defensive coach from a nearby foe and a former asst coach at Central. I figured that would give it away. I believe it will be made official tonight at the school board meeting. 

That should be enough info for most people to figure it out. LOL

I would assume Central's annual searching for a new head coach will be done for awhile after his hire. 

Edited by oldtimeqb
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Football Fanatic said:

Lol, I can’t find any of the coaching staff on MaxPreps...hahaha

57 minutes ago, MHSTigerFan said:

I guess nobody picked up on this?

Zirkelbach to Central has been an open secret for several weeks.  Good pick!

Will certainly make the Memorial v. Central rivalry even more interesting....  

12 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Congratulations to the NEW Head Coach of the Bears!

Wow - impressive educational resume Mr. Zirkelbach brings to the table. It does not mention in the article the position he will hold within the school building?? Any word on that? 

2 hours ago, fbcoachD said:

He doesn't work in education--I don't know if any of his staff will be in the building

I'm pretty sure he is an engineer and worked at Crane NSWC for quite some time.  I don't know anything current except that he is our OC's brother-in-law and is a pretty good dude.  I still often wonder about what happened with the prior HC though.  It is odd IMO.     

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, tango said:

I'm pretty sure he is an engineer and worked at Crane NSWC for quite some time.  I don't know anything current except that he is our OC's brother-in-law and is a pretty good dude.  I still often wonder about what happened with the prior HC though.  It is odd IMO.     

Yes, I would guess he will be able to keep his current job and not be in the building. I agree, the Memorial-Central game will be more interesting, as well as the Reitz-Central game.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, Spitting Llamas said:

Does anyone know anything about the UIndy Mega Camp on June 12th? Saw a post on Twitter but not much other info. Considering it but would like more info before making a decision. 

Hmmm, I saw it too, but haven’t found any information 

1 hour ago, TigerFan20 said:

Branson’s such a gamer.  Of course he was the one who caught the game-winner.  Just throw it up — high and in his general vicinity. Six.

If he was either a few steps faster or 2 inches taller, we’d be watching him on nationally televised games.

Edited by MHSTigerFan
  • Like 1