Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC 2021

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Evansville50 said:

Just saw on Facebook that the Bosse coach is leaving. I believe it said he was moving to Florida. Right when practice about to start. That’s tough for those kids. 

Wait really? That was unfortunate for the kids and the staff

19 minutes ago, Evansville50 said:

Just saw on Facebook that the Bosse coach is leaving. I believe it said he was moving to Florida. Right when practice about to start. That’s tough for those kids. 

That really stinks.

53 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Any reason why he is leaving?

I don’t have any other information. I just saw it posted. I would guess another job offer. I don’t know much about Bosse, but I watched them play MD last year. Looks like they were very young. Had some talented players on Offense. Tough for a program like that to have no stability. 

58 minutes ago, Evansville50 said:

I don’t have any other information. I just saw it posted. I would guess another job offer. I don’t know much about Bosse, but I watched them play MD last year. Looks like they were very young. Had some talented players on Offense. Tough for a program like that to have no stability. 

It’s just unfortunate and I’m sure Bosse’s administration isn’t too happy with him taking another job right before the summer practices. Bosse has been struggling the last 10 years and I thought they had their guy, pretty sure he graduated there in the 90’s. Hopefully they can get it to a stability program sooner than later

1 hour ago, Evansville50 said:

That’s a pretty impactful story - if true. I wonder why it hasn’t been picked up by any news outlet? I need more than a vague bit of information about a Facebook post before I will speculate. 

Edited by oldtimeqb
  • Like 1

On 6/2/2021 at 4:18 PM, Evansville50 said:

I emailed with a local sports radio guy today.  He said he hasn't heard anything out of Bosse on this...

On 6/3/2021 at 8:20 AM, TigerFan20 said:

Any reason why he is leaving?

4 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

I did the same with the C&P...they had not heard this either.

My son text with some of the Bosse players. They confirmed what I previously posted. 

• Like 1

On 6/3/2021 at 10:21 AM, TigerFan20 said:

It’s just unfortunate and I’m sure Bosse’s administration isn’t too happy with him taking another job right before the summer practices. Bosse has been struggling the last 10 years and I thought they had their guy, pretty sure he graduated there in the 90’s. Hopefully they can get it to a stability program sooner than later

I was proud of the Bosse kids when we played them.  The game was lopsided, but they never gave up.  Effort looked about as strong toward the end as it did early on.

Just to be out there battling like that is a kind of victory.  Sadly, it’s too common these days for kids to either not come out or just formally or informally quit when the wins don’t happen.

I hope this story isn’t true about Coach Ganaway.

Preseason update

1. Memorial

1. Mater Dei

3. Castle

4. Jasper 

5. North

6. Vincennes Lincoln 

7. Central 

7. Reitz 

9. Harrison

10. Bosse (if true about their Coach) 

Top 4 is still interchangeable, but moved up Mater Dei tying with preseason 1 Memorial

2 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Preseason update

1. Memorial

1. Mater Dei

3. Castle

4. Jasper 

5. North

6. Vincennes Lincoln 

7. Central 

7. Reitz 

9. Harrison

10. Bosse (if true about their Coach) 

Top 4 is still interchangeable, but moved up Mater Dei tying with preseason 1 Memorial

Just curious, but what is the reason for the MD move? I agree the top 4 could all be interchangeable and will be very very solid. To beat any of those 4 you will have to play well. Even 5-7 will be tough wins. Not too many easy weeks. 

7 minutes ago, Spitting Llamas said:

Just curious, but what is the reason for the MD move? I agree the top 4 could all be interchangeable and will be very very solid. To beat any of those 4 you will have to play well. Even 5-7 will be tough wins. Not too many easy weeks. 

Been hearing a few things on the memorial underclassmen, won’t say it since anything can happen, but I think it will solve out over the summer. 

Edited by TigerFan20

Hearing the Bosse coach is going to be an asst HS coach in Florida. Supposedly his dream is to be an NFL asst and he felt this was the best path. Yes, I spit my water out laughing when I 1st heard that. Ridiculous he waits until almost June to announce. 

Bad deal for the kids but the administration got what they deserve after not wanting Schnur back. They had some total BS reasons for not bringing Schnur back and now it’s bit  the Principal in his ass. Sucks for the kids....coach Schnur was a great fit. 

Edited by Screagle
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Screagle said:

Hearing the Bosse coach is going to be an asst HS coach in Florida. Supposedly his dream is to be an NFL asst and he felt this was the best path. Yes, I spit my water out laughing when I 1st heard that. Ridiculous he waits until almost June to announce. 

Bad deal for the kids but the administration got what they deserve after not wanting Schnur back. They had some total BS reasons for not bringing Schnur back and now it’s bit  the Principal in his ass. Sucks for the kids....coach Schnur was a great fit. 

My heart goes out to those Bosse young men. Can't imagine what it feels like to have a coach quit on you 2 months before season kicks off. Have always found the Bosse program to be very peculiar. With those types of athletes, I'm surprised that they aren't able to gain traction as a program and be at least a consistent .500 program. Not very familiar with the history of the Evansville programs, but if anyone could provide me with some context I'd be all ears!

7 hours ago, OldHatchetHog76 said:

My heart goes out to those Bosse young men. Can't imagine what it feels like to have a coach quit on you 2 months before season kicks off. Have always found the Bosse program to be very peculiar. With those types of athletes, I'm surprised that they aren't able to gain traction as a program and be at least a consistent .500 program. Not very familiar with the history of the Evansville programs, but if anyone could provide me with some context I'd be all ears!

Screagle nailed it.  Admin forced out a good coach who was consistent and dedicated.  North did the same thing to Coach Wilson and they struggled mightily with the new guy who won 12 games in 5 seasons. At one time Bosse had a pretty strong athletic program, now the only sport that has any sustained success is boys basketball. That program appears to rule the roost. 

• Like 2