Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Enrollment figures

3 hours ago, Titan32 said:

If they want to kinda stick with the theme of the last realignment...you might be onto something here.  But if they want to make it more like before....not so much.

Ahh you mean the ol East/West of Southern Indiana sectional alignments?? I tried to run that one through as well (Basically splitting up 31 and 32 between "Evansville" area (32) and "other" Southern Indiana, mostly eastern (31) ...but without Sullivan and/or Memorial and it's looking like Brownstown - it was a little tougher to make work. It would look something like:

31 (eastern time zone teams) - Corydon, Salem, Charleston, Scottsburg, Rushville, Brown County, North Harrison, Southridge

32 (central time zone) - Mt. Vernon, Bosse, Vincennes Lincoln, Gibson Southern, Princeton, H.H., Washington, Pike Central

Not sure I love this set-up, but you are right, it is another way they could go...? 

1 hour ago, jets said:

Ahh you mean the ol East/West of Southern Indiana sectional alignments?? I tried to run that one through as well (Basically splitting up 31 and 32 between "Evansville" area (32) and "other" Southern Indiana, mostly eastern (31) ...but without Sullivan and/or Memorial and it's looking like Brownstown - it was a little tougher to make work. It would look something like:

31 (eastern time zone teams) - Corydon, Salem, Charleston, Scottsburg, Rushville, Brown County, North Harrison, Southridge

32 (central time zone) - Mt. Vernon, Bosse, Vincennes Lincoln, Gibson Southern, Princeton, H.H., Washington, Pike Central

Not sure I love this set-up, but you are right, it is another way they could go...? 

Yeah, agree....they "could" go back to something like this.  I'm not going to get to attached to either theory LOL.

On 11/27/2020 at 9:30 PM, crimsonace1 said:

Here's what I was able to pull. Note: These are unofficial and reflect 4-grade enrollment. With regards to Hammond, I merged Clark & Hammond's enrollments, as well as Gavit & Morton's, as is the consolidation plan. The Evansville schools, for example, tend to get a bit of an enrollment bump. I have no idea what Park Tudor's enrollment is, but they're solidly 1A. Danville's result tomorrow will determine whether it is 3A or 4A for the next two years. By this math, that will likely affect Delta (which goes down to 3A if Danville wins). 

UPDATE: I have made edits to reflect LCC being in 2A and Madison (not Madison-Grant) in 3A. 

IHSAA enrollment - Copy of Sheet1 (3).pdf 76.38 kB · 95 downloads

You always do a great job with this every reclassification. 

Morton will be 6A and Hammond High will be in 5A.  Valpo will remain in 5A.  Looks like sectional 9 will be Hammond High, Munter, Valpo, Michigan City and LaPorte with two of the schools having a play in game to open the tournament.

25 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Morton will be 6A and Hammond High will be in 5A.  Valpo will remain in 5A.  Looks like sectional 9 will be Hammond High, Munter, Valpo, Michigan City and LaPorte with two of the schools having a play in game to open the tournament.

Based on the number of schools with football, I don’t think 5A will have any 5 team sectionals.  They should have 32 schools in 5A with 8 sectionals of 4.

4 hours ago, Tommy said:

Here's a quote from a recent article in the Times of Northwest Indiana:

"At the high schools, Hammond administrators project 1,793 students will attend Hammond Central and 1,930 will attend Morton."

Based on this, both Hammond schools would be 5A. Is there more recent information to point Morton to 6A?

22 hours ago, Bullhorn99 said:

Here's a quote from a recent article in the Times of Northwest Indiana:

"At the high schools, Hammond administrators project 1,793 students will attend Hammond Central and 1,930 will attend Morton."

Based on this, both Hammond schools would be 5A. Is there more recent information to point Morton to 6A?

The classifications are based on *this* year's enrollment, not necessarily next year's projected enrollment. 

The same article you're referencing stated Clark & Hammond will be merged, and Gavit/Morton are being merged, so I combined their enrollment numbers (Morton at 2,063 and Hammond at 1,596 ... but the projections are actually *more* students than currently attend the schools). It will be interesting to see how the IHSAA handles this. Usually, what it will do is add together the enrollments of the schools being consolidated. 

42 minutes ago, crimsonace1 said:

The classifications are based on *this* year's enrollment, not necessarily next year's projected enrollment. 

The same article you're referencing stated Clark & Hammond will be merged, and Gavit/Morton are being merged, so I combined their enrollment numbers (Morton at 2,063 and Hammond at 1,596 ... but the projections are actually *more* students than currently attend the schools). It will be interesting to see how the IHSAA handles this. Usually, what it will do is add together the enrollments of the schools being consolidated. 

Yes, it will have a substantial influence because it will shift some schools right on the border between 5A and 6A, and depending on how it shakes out, sectional alignments could be significantly impacted.

On 12/1/2020 at 8:42 AM, HoopsCoach said:

Based on the number of schools with football, I don’t think 5A will have any 5 team sectionals.  They should have 32 schools in 5A with 8 sectionals of 4.

I wish they would make 1A a 32 team class instead of 5A.  Just a thought.  It would shake things up a bit in the middle classes.  And 1A schools with limited rosters could benefit from a week of rest and healing before starting the tournament.  Guessing most 5A rosters have 70-80 kids with no freshmen and most 1A have 30-40 with 8-12 freshmen.  Also the 32 team 1A would be public class only.

• Like 2

Stab at 1a (63 Teams)

South Putnam 360
Winamac 349
North Judson 326
South Central (Union Mills) 320
Gary Bowman 290
North White 247
South Newton 238
West Central 222

Seeger 367
Clinton Prairie 365
Carroll (Carroll) 331
Covington 276
Clinton Central 273
Tri-County 211
Frontier 199
Attica 183

Taylor 347
Sheridan 338
Monroe Central 322
Southern Wells 272
Wes-Del 261
Anderson Prep 258
Union City 243
Tri-Central 240

South Adams 346
North Miami 284
Fremont 284
Northfield 269
Southwood 259
Triton 253
Culver 233
Caston 218

South Putnam 360
Parke Heritage 350
Cloverdale 309
Fountain Central 305
Riverton Parke 298
North Central (Farmersburg) 289
Dugger Union 189
North Vermillion 179

46 (7 teams)
Covenant Christian (Indianapolis) 344
Edinburgh 228
Indianapolis Tindley 207
Indianapolis Lutheran 203
Park Tudor 200
Traders Point Christian 121
Indiana Deaf 113

Knightstown 354
Hagerstown 336
North Decatur 330
Milan 317
South Decatur 304
Cambridge City Lincoln 284
Tri 246
Oldenburg Academy 203

Clarksville 353
Providence 344
Eastern Greene 308
Tecumseh 300
North Daviess 297
West Washington 295
Springs Valley 259
Rock Creek 185

49 minutes ago, qbcoach13 said:

Stab at 1a (63 Teams)

South Putnam 360
Winamac 349
North Judson 326
Gary Bowman 290
North White 247
South Newton 238
West Central 222

Seeger 367
Clinton Prairie 365
Carroll (Carroll) 331
Covington 276
Clinton Central 273
Tri-County 211
Frontier 199
Attica 183

Taylor 347
Sheridan 338
Monroe Central 322
Southern Wells 272
Wes-Del 261
Anderson Prep 258
Union City 243
Tri-Central 240

South Adams 346
North Miami 284
Fremont 284
Northfield 269
Southwood 259
Triton 253
Culver 233
Caston 218

South Putnam 360
Parke Heritage 350
Cloverdale 309
Fountain Central 305
Riverton Parke 298
Dugger Union 189
North Vermillion 179

46 (7 teams)
Edinburgh 228
Indianapolis Tindley 207
Park Tudor 200
Indiana Deaf 113

Knightstown 354
Hagerstown 336
North Decatur 330
Milan 317
South Decatur 304
Tri 246
Oldenburg Academy 203

Clarksville 353
Providence 344
Eastern Greene 308
Tecumseh 300
North Daviess 297
West Washington 295
Springs Valley 259
Rock Creek 185

Im rooting for the 140 Mile 3 hour trip from South Put to South Central! At least 1 school will gain an hour with time change on 1 of their trips!

Thank you for the hard work and doing this! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, CoachDurham said:

Im rooting for the 140 Mile 3 hour trip from South Put to South Central! At least 1 school will gain an hour with time change on 1 of their trips!

I think you can replace North Newton with South Putnam 🙂

Updated

North Newton 355
Winamac 349
North Judson 326
Gary Bowman 290
North White 247
South Newton 238
West Central 222

Seeger 367
Clinton Prairie 365
Carroll (Carroll) 331
Covington 276
Clinton Central 273
Tri-County 211
Frontier 199
Attica 183

Taylor 347
Sheridan 338
Monroe Central 322
Southern Wells 272
Wes-Del 261
Anderson Prep 258
Union City 243
Tri-Central 240

South Adams 346
North Miami 284
Fremont 284
Northfield 269
Southwood 259
Triton 253
Culver 233
Caston 218

South Putnam 360
Parke Heritage 350
Cloverdale 309
Fountain Central 305
Riverton Parke 298
Dugger Union 189
North Vermillion 179

Edinburgh 228
Indianapolis Tindley 207
Park Tudor 200
Indiana Deaf 113

Knightstown 354
Hagerstown 336
North Decatur 330
Milan 317
South Decatur 304
Tri 246
Oldenburg Academy 203

Clarksville 353
Providence 344
Eastern Greene 308
Tecumseh 300
North Daviess 297
West Washington 295
Springs Valley 259
Rock Creek 185

2 hours ago, CoachDurham said:

Providence or Rock Creek to North Daviess would be 2 hours/100 miles minimum, probably closer to 125-130 if they decide to take interstates. 

South of US 50, the football playing schools are so spread out, sectional travel can get pretty long. 

That’s another reason I wish the state would allow co-op teams for those students a chance to play. The entire Blue Chip Conference with schools like Barr Reeve, Loogootee, Shoals, NE Dubois, Washington Catholic, Rivet, South Knox and Wood Memorial are all small schools in that geographical area.

11 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

Providence or Rock Creek to North Daviess would be 2 hours/100 miles minimum, probably closer to 125-130 if they decide to take interstates. 

South of US 50, the football playing schools are so spread out, sectional travel can get pretty long. 

That’s another reason I wish the state would allow co-op teams for those students a chance to play. The entire Blue Chip Conference with schools like Barr Reeve, Loogootee, Shoals, NE Dubois, Washington Catholic, Rivet, South Knox and Wood Memorial are all small schools in that geographical area.

I am becoming more and more intrigued with 8 man football.  It would allow schools, such as those mentioned above, to field a team and allow some smaller 1A programs a chance to be more competitive.  Add to that what it could do to shake up the classes across the board and I am becoming a bigger proponent each year.

• Like 3

On 11/30/2020 at 10:53 AM, Coach Harvey said:

My best guess for 5a. 

9: Merrillville, Munster, Hammond Morton, Hammond Central

10: Michigan City, LaPorte, South Bend Adams, Valparaiso

11: Huntington North, Goshen, Concord, Mishawaka

12: FW Northrop, FW North Side, FW Bishop Dwenger, FW Snider

13: New Palestine, Kokomo, McCutcheon, Anderson

14: Whiteland, Decatur Central, Indpls. Cathedral, Plainfield

15: Bloomington South, Bloomington North, Columbus East, Franklin

16: New Albany, Floyd Central, Castle, Seymour

Cathedral is farther north then New Pal.  And those 3 northern school don't need to pass Cathedral on the way to play New Pal.

Here is a more realistic look at 5A South (and Kokomo, McCutcheon and Anderson have to come south):

13- Cathedral, Anderson, McCutcheon and Kokomo

14- Decatur Central, Plainfield, Bloomington North, Bloomington South

15- Whiteland, Columbus East, Franklin, New Palestine

16- Castle, New Albany, Floyd Central and Seymour

9- Michigan City, LaPorte, Valparaiso and Merrilville

10- SB Adams, Concord, 

10- 

3A South is tricky but here is what I have right now:

29- Tri-West, South Vermillion, Monrovia, Danville, Indy Washington, Western Boone, Speedway, Vincennes

30- South Dearborn, Lawrenceburg, Greensburg, Batesville, Rushville, Indian Creek, Franklin County, Brown County

31- Salem, North Harrison, Scottsburg, Madison, Charlestown, Corydon, Owen Valley, Edgewood

32- Southridge, Heritage Hills, Mt. Vernon, Princeton, Gibson Southern, Washington, Ev Bosse, Pike Central

Edited by PhilLee

7 hours ago, PhilLee said:

3A South is tricky but here is what I have right now:

29- Tri-West, South Vermillion, Monrovia, Danville, Indy Washington, Western Boone, Speedway, Vincennes

30- South Dearborn, Lawrenceburg, Greensburg, Batesville, Rushville, Indian Creek, Franklin County, Brown County

31- Salem, North Harrison, Scottsburg, Madison, Charlestown, Corydon, Owen Valley, Edgewood

32- Southridge, Heritage Hills, Mt. Vernon, Princeton, Gibson Southern, Washington, Ev Bosse, Pike Central

VINCENNES up in the Indy sectional?? Uh...that just makes about 0 sense at all. I think you'd be better serviced moving a school like Indian Creek up north, moving someone (Edgewood, Owen Valley?) to 30, and then someone from 32 to 31, and Vincennes to 32. I mean, Vincennes is in the SIAC for pete's sake lol. 

8 hours ago, PhilLee said:

Cathedral is farther north then New Pal.  And those 3 northern school don't need to pass Cathedral on the way to play New Pal.

Here is a more realistic look at 5A South (and Kokomo, McCutcheon and Anderson have to come south):

10- SB Adams, Concord, 

10- 

I don't think Cathedral will go North. I base that off the 2017-2018 classification when Cathedral went South and New Pal even went to the north semistate. Cathedral has been in Decatur Central's sectional for the last 4 years and I don't see the ISHAA changing all that. 

Best stab at 2A I could muster...

Sectional    Team
33    Rensselaer
33    Whiting
33    Noll
33    Andrean
33    Lake Station
33    Wheeler
33    Boone Grove
33    River Forest

34    Bremen
34    Rochester
34    Pioneer
34    Wabash
34    Cass
34    Delphi
34    Laville
34    LCC

35    Prairie Heights
35    Central Noble
35    Churubusco
35    Eastside
35    Whitko
35    Luers
35    Adams Central
35    Bluffton

36    Oak Hill
36    Eastbrook
36    Blackford
36    Eastern (Greentown)
36    Madison Grant
36    Elwood
36    Tipton
36    Machester

37    Southmont
37    North Putnam
37    Greencastle
37    Cascade
37    Ritter
37    Scecina
37    Heritage Christian
37    Phalen- not sure if they will participate in tournament.

38    Frankton
38    Lapel
38    Shenandoah
38    Eastern Hancock
38    Wichester
38    Northeastern
38    Centerville
38    Union County

39    Triton Central
39    Switzerland County
39    Brownstown
39    Eastern (Pekin)
39    Mitchell
39    Paoli
39    Crwaford County
39    Perry Central

40    Sullivan
40    Linton
40    North Knox
40    North Posey
40    Mater Dei
40    South Spencer
40    Tell City
40    Forest Park

56 minutes ago, Coach Harvey said:

I don't think Cathedral will go North. I base that off the 2017-2018 classification when Cathedral went South and New Pal even went to the north semistate. Cathedral has been in Decatur Central's sectional for the last 4 years and I don't see the ISHAA changing all that. 

Cathedral would still be in the south semi-state if they are in that sectional with McCutcheon, Kokomo, and Anderson.

4 minutes ago, HoopsCoach said:

Cathedral would still be in the south semi-state if they are in that sectional with McCutcheon, Kokomo, and Anderson.

Well aware. I never said either team would go to the North semi-state this classification, rather that in 2017-2018, New Pal did go North.  My point being that New Pal has historically gone to the more northern sectional while Cathedral has gone south. 

Edited by Coach Harvey

9 hours ago, PhilLee said:

10- SB Adams, Concord, 

10- 

Ouch!  McCutcheon and Anderson lost to Harrison by a combined 84-14 this season ... McCutcheon was shutout.  Kokomo didn't play due to KOVID, but was KO'd by McCutcheon 24-7 in the first round of sectionals.  Not sure Cathedral plays those two games of sectionals, but it should be lots of opportunity for non-starters to get playing time in tourney play.

31 minutes ago, FarmerFran said:

Best stab at 2A I could muster...

Sectional    Team

34    Bremen
34    Rochester
34    Pioneer
34    Wabash
34    Cass
34    Delphi
34    Laville
34    LCC

This will almost all but assure that LCC or Pioneer or both would likely be back in 1A in the 2023 cycle.  If IHSAA were smart, they'd find a way to put them in different regions to give potential that they both stay up in 2A.

• Like 1