Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Enrollment figures

37 minutes ago, Indiana Fan said:

Exactly. Which I really dislike that rule. Play where you live. Or move.

Would you feel the same way if a kid with extraordinary gifts in math skills enrolled in an out-of-district school that had a reputation for excellence in that subject matter?

12 minutes ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

😬😬😬

There is always going to be exceptions to things and I don't complain or care that much with how the rule is right now. That is just how I feel. For playing sports I like to play in the community you are living in. I don't like all the transferring and choosing where you want to go. It is what it is though. It isn't even the IHSAA's fault. This started when schools started allowing kids to choose whichever district they wanted for education.

4 hours ago, Indiana Fan said:

There is always going to be exceptions to things and I don't complain or care that much with how the rule is right now. That is just how I feel. For playing sports I like to play in the community you are living in. I don't like all the transferring and choosing where you want to go. It is what it is though. It isn't even the IHSAA's fault. This started when schools started allowing kids to choose whichever district they wanted for education.

My response was more concerning the fact that you said "yes" to the question of whether or not you'd feel the same way concerning a student enrolling in an out-of-district school for the purpose of advancing themselves academically. For example, I could not imagine being against a student at Triton or Wawasee coming to Warsaw because we have a vastly superior (insert whatever academic area) program than what their schools can offer. I see no reason why their family should be forced to move to Warsaw school district just for that.

5 minutes ago, Indiana Fan said:

I think a lot of people are getting anxious. I know I am at least lol!

What are you anxious about?  What significant changes are you experiencing?

Are you worried about some specific school dropping down or moving up?

Wouldnt want to see you lose any sleep over this   😁

29 minutes ago, DT said:

What are you anxious about?  What significant changes are you experiencing?

Are you worried about some specific school dropping down or moving up?

Wouldnt want to see you lose any sleep over this   😁

Ready to see new sectionals and which schools are going where. Sorry I cannot keep myself busy by analyzing every team in the state and making outlandish predictions about different schools, coaches, and conferences like you. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, DanteEstonia said:

I really want to know if the Terre Hautes will be in 4A. That could result in a major realignment. 

Terre Hautes would be dangerous in 4A

https://www.ihsaa.org/Portals/0/ihsaa/documents/about ihsaa/minutes/2020-21/021921.pdf

😎 WINTER TOURNAMENT UPDATES The commissioner and each assistant commissioner reported on their respective winter sports and the plans for the state tournaments including protocols at the state finals.

Commissioner Neidig also discussed the release of school enrollments in the coming weeks for realignment purposes. He expressed concern with some significant changes with some schools’ numbers and how much the pandemic has affected those totals. No timeline has been set on when the new enrollments will be released.

He also discussed how the Tournament Success Factor will be applied given that last year’s boys basketball tournament didn’t reach a conclusion and the softball and baseball tournaments were cancelled altogether. No schools will move up in those sports given schools won’t be able to achieve the point totals necessary during the current two-year cycle but some schools already playing up a class could remain in their same classification for the next two years.

On 3/9/2021 at 7:44 AM, Robert said:

https://www.ihsaa.org/Portals/0/ihsaa/documents/about ihsaa/minutes/2020-21/021921.pdf

😎 WINTER TOURNAMENT UPDATES The commissioner and each assistant commissioner reported on their respective winter sports and the plans for the state tournaments including protocols at the state finals.

Commissioner Neidig also discussed the release of school enrollments in the coming weeks for realignment purposes. He expressed concern with some significant changes with some schools’ numbers and how much the pandemic has affected those totals. No timeline has been set on when the new enrollments will be released.

He also discussed how the Tournament Success Factor will be applied given that last year’s boys basketball tournament didn’t reach a conclusion and the softball and baseball tournaments were cancelled altogether. No schools will move up in those sports given schools won’t be able to achieve the point totals necessary during the current two-year cycle but some schools already playing up a class could remain in their same classification for the next two years.

Um..surely someone has sat down and explained the whole pandemic process with him (from an enrollment standpoint ) that is. To use this years enrollment numbers for the next 2 year cycle would just be irresponsible - surely the Commissioner would be aware of that??

He statement to the press doesn't seem so ?? 

4 hours ago, jets said:

Um..surely someone has sat down and explained the whole pandemic process with him (from an enrollment standpoint ) that is. To use this years enrollment numbers for the next 2 year cycle would just be irresponsible - surely the Commissioner would be aware of that??

He statement to the press doesn't seem so ?? 

I'm with you that enrollment figure for this year will be inaccurate,  in some cases wildly so, but what would be the solution to the problem? Using old enrollment numbers would in a number of cases be just as inaccurate right? (Given the rapid growth in some areas of the state and the rapid decline in other areas). Just putting it out there as a topic for discussion and generation of ideas.

• Thanks 1

On 3/10/2021 at 6:36 PM, Bullhorn99 said:

I'm with you that enrollment figure for this year will be inaccurate,  in some cases wildly so, but what would be the solution to the problem? Using old enrollment numbers would in a number of cases be just as inaccurate right? (Given the rapid growth in some areas of the state and the rapid decline in other areas). Just putting it out there as a topic for discussion and generation of ideas.

People have said that this need to be a 4 year deal and not 2.  So why not try it and see what it looks like.  We all know the number this year are going to messed up this yeas so let us try the 4 year plan.

8 hours ago, Trojanmp52 said:

People have said that this need to be a 4 year deal and not 2.  So why not try it and see what it looks like.  We all know the number this year are going to messed up this yeas so let us try the 4 year plan.

I think people say that the success factor calculations need to be over a 4 year period of time. Following it over the years, I would guess that significant population shifts happen quickly enough that waiting 4 years to reclassify would simply be too long. 

5 hours ago, Bullhorn99 said:

I think people say that the success factor calculations need to be over a 4 year period of time. Following it over the years, I would guess that significant population shifts happen quickly enough that waiting 4 years to reclassify would simply be too long. 

I get what you are saying and understand it,  but from a planning stand point do one ever 2 years and the other 4 could be a nightmare.  I fell it should all be done in the same time frame.  I do understand their is a big difference between being at  the top of 5a and the bottom of 6a so I get why schools in this spots want every two years.  Or any of class and the top of a lower and bottom of the bigger class.  To most school this does not matter.

Edited by Trojanmp52

Somehow Illinois not only determines who qualifies for the playoffs, but they also divide the 256 teams into 8 classes and seed the teams.... all in one weekend.  Yet Indiana can't figure out how to classify teams every two years.  

Mind boggling. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Trojanmp52 said:

. . . but from a planning stand point do one ever 2 years and the other 4 could be a nightmare.  

How would it be a nightmare? What part of classification would be more complicated that the current set up if it were a staggered 2 year 4 year approach? (honestly asking here--not trying to be argumentative)

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Bullhorn99 said:

How would it be a nightmare? What part of classification would be more complicated that the current set up if it were a staggered 2 year 4 year approach? (honestly asking here--not trying to be argumentative)

Sorry if I was unclear I was saying if you reclassified ever 2 and success factor over 4 might be a little tricky nightmare might a bit much.   I just think it would work more smoothly  if have have them on  same page of 4 years

32 minutes ago, Trojanmp52 said:

Sorry if I was unclear I was saying if you reclassified ever 2 and success factor over 4 might be a little tricky nightmare might a bit much.   I just think it would work more smoothly  if have have them on  same page of 4 years

No that is what I was talking about.

How would it be more difficult to continue to do classifications every 2 years, and implement success factor changes every other classification (every 4 years)? I'm unclear about how it would potentially be a nightmare.