Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Enrollment figures

On 3/15/2021 at 10:50 AM, US31 said:

I would classify every two (as we do now) but based on a "rolling 4 year" amount of SF points.  I think that is what others might be suggesting as well.

That was the original plan from the IFCA but our planned got Bobby Coxed right before the finish line.  

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2021 at 10:40 AM, oldtimeqb said:

Somehow Illinois not only determines who qualifies for the playoffs, but they also divide the 256 teams into 8 classes and seed the teams.... all in one weekend.  Yet Indiana can't figure out how to classify teams every two years.  

Mind boggling. 

Its the Bingo Balls.

On 3/29/2021 at 1:48 PM, Indiana Fan said:

Almost April...still no release on classifications.

I am going to go out on a limb and say that there will be NO reclassification at the end of this school year for any sports.

Edited by Major
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Major said:

I am going to go out on a limb and say that there will be NO reclassification at the end of this school year for any sports.

I find it so complexing that the China Virus could have caused so much disruption in everyday life, tasks and just plain ole doing anything. This is probably how life will be from now on.

53 minutes ago, Major said:

I still believe that is what should happen. Then start the next cycle after next seasons conclude. 

40 minutes ago, Robert said:

Why don't you want it based on actual butts in the seats?

Not as easy at it seems: 

Little Johnny live in school district. Was enrolled (in person)1st semester - COVID #'s spike over winter break so little Johnny's parents are concerned, and opt for the Online option the next semester. So does he count in the enrollment totals or not?? 

Numbers will be all over the place with the Online options available to students. 

I dare say it gives schools an avenue to "fudge" numbers/play the system a little bit. Which is a scary thought. 

1 hour ago, jets said:

Not as easy at it seems: 

Little Johnny live in school district. Was enrolled (in person)1st semester - COVID #'s spike over winter break so little Johnny's parents are concerned, and opt for the Online option the next semester. So does he count in the enrollment totals or not?? 

Numbers will be all over the place with the Online options available to students. 

I dare say it gives schools an avenue to "fudge" numbers/play the system a little bit. Which is a scary thought. 

Are you telling me that administrators cheat?  I was told over and over on here that they don't.  I'd think that they'd fudge up for $$, not down for a trophy. 

2 hours ago, MarshallCounty said:

What schools in the state are still not meeting in person?

Thank you.  Hammond schools begin 4/6 according to NWI news releases.

7 hours ago, psaboy said:

I find it so complexing that the China Virus could have caused so much disruption in everyday life, tasks and just plain ole doing anything. This is probably how life will be from now on.

🤣

Edited by DE

1 hour ago, jets said:

Not as easy at it seems: 

What # does the IHSAA go by?  September enrollment?  Use those and go.

2 hours ago, MarshallCounty said:

What schools in the state are still not meeting in person?

I'm not sure of any, are you?  Shouldn't it be based on butts in seats.  My school district has virtual students, but they can participate in extracurricular activities.  

Just now, DE said:

What # does the IHSAA go by?  September enrollment?  Use those and go.

I agree. 

16 minutes ago, Robert said:

Are you telling me that administrators cheat?  I was told over and over on here that they don't.  I'd think that they'd fudge up for $$, not down for a trophy. 

This is why the IHSAA uses the DOE numbers. They know those numbers are tied directly to funding, which schools are likely to report accurately or on the high end of any uncertainty.  If anything, schools wanted to count anyone and everyone they could this year knowing that some would transfer to a fully virtual school if their home district did not offer a virtual option.  If a student is enrolled in a school, whether they are attending in person or virtually, they count as part of that school’s enrollment.

1 minute ago, Robert said:

I'm not sure of any, are you?  Shouldn't it be based on butts in seats.  My school district has virtual students, but they can participate in extracurricular activities.  

I agree. 

Pin this post....

Robert and I agree on something.

😂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, HoopsCoach said:

This is why the IHSAA uses the DOE numbers. They know those numbers are tied directly to funding, which schools are likely to report accurately or on the high end of any uncertainty.  If anything, schools wanted to count anyone and everyone they could this year knowing that some would transfer to a fully virtual school if their home district did not offer a virtual option.  If a student is enrolled in a school, whether they are attending in person or virtually, they count as part of that school’s enrollment.

With an Indiana student ID number tied to the student.  

I believe that is what has caused the delay is trying to sort out how to handle the actual number of students for enrollment when you have students all over the place virtually and other wise

seems to be a nightmare 

I honestly would be ok with everyone staying put (minus success factor) for 1 more year, then start the 2 year cycle then.   

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Robert said:

I agree. 

To answer your question.  Hammond schools are slotted to go back to in person schooling on 4/6 per NWI news outlets.

Last I knew, Merrillville public schools were still not in person, though that may have changed since the last time I spoke to a friend of mine that teaches at MHS.

I do not believe Gary schools have been in person at all this year.  Maybe East Chicago too.

Sorry if things have changed a bit.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, DE said:

To answer your question.  Hammond schools are slotted to go back to in person schooling on 4/6 per NWI news outlets.

Last I knew, Merrillville public schools were still not in person, though that may have changed since the last time I spoke to a friend of mine that teaches at MHS.

I do not believe Gary schools have been in person at all this year.  Maybe East Chicago too.

Lowell High School has been in and out of quarantine all year long.  Therefore, my son has been online learning all year long.  BTW, he was accepted into Honors College at his university next fall.

30 minutes ago, Jbk2 said:

Maybe it's me being stupid but why don't they go by the number of computers the school issues out to their students?  I'm sure there is a list of who has them

That, or free lunches.

1 hour ago, DE said:

Lake Ridge on Hybrid...

45 minutes ago, Gipper said:

Lowell High School has been in and out of quarantine all year long.  Therefore, my son has been online learning all year long.  BTW, he was accepted into Honors College at his university next fall.

That, or free lunches.

Congrats to Gipper Jr and the Gipper family.