Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Enrollment figures

19 hours ago, foxbat said:

Good question as Success Factor timeline has usually been locked to the enrollment number reclassification too ... killing two birds at the same time so to speak.  In this case here, I suspect that the two options that we'll see are 1) three-year Success Factor if enrollment classification comes out next year or 2) the IHSAA will announce this time next year that they are holding off on enrollment reclassification for one more year and that will then put everything back in order based on the past patterning.  The one other option that I don't see IHSAA doing would be enrollment reclassification next year and doing the success Factor reclassification the following year as that would make some type of reclassification an annual occurrence: in odd years it would be Success Factor related and in even years it would be enrollment related.

in theory, couldn't they just choose to put all schools in their enrollment based class next year, and after the subsequent 2 year period, begin the success factor all over again? Essentially restarting the entire classification system?

25 minutes ago, GoodKn19ht said:

in theory, couldn't they just choose to put all schools in their enrollment based class next year, and after the subsequent 2 year period, begin the success factor all over again? Essentially restarting the entire classification system?

They could, but the issue there would then be the original item that @1st_and_10 mentioned, which would be teams under SF would be there for three years instead of the usual two years ... that's also my Option 1 in the post.  One other option that I left out goes with your idea, but would require doing enrollment next year and then also doing it again in the subsequent year, which would then put enrollment and SF classification back on track and in synch the quickest.  It would, however, require a bit of extra effort on the IHSAA's part, which is why I proposed that, if they went this way of just picking up in two years, they would likely take the easy way out and next year just claim that they are going to go one more year with classifications held constant and then pickup under the regular schedule of classifications.

How ironic someone from WeBo would be worried about staying up a class for 3 years after they just took advantage of the SF 2 year reset of points. 

My hope is that IHSAA goes to a rolling 2 year or longer, but definitely rolling point total.  

8 hours ago, oldtimeqb said:

How ironic someone from WeBo would be worried about staying up a class for 3 years after they just took advantage of the SF 2 year reset of points. 

My hope is that IHSAA goes to a rolling 2 year or longer, but definitely rolling point total.  

How’d Webos take advantage? Everyone has the same rules. STATE LAW!

On 4/7/2021 at 10:49 AM, footballfan2012 said:

What is comical about it? Just curious!

Well- since you asked:

Pike Central, Brown County, Washington, Edgewood, Owen Valley, Princeton...

Meanwhile, you have other area Sectionals with routinely 2 and/or 3 State raked teams squaring off. 

The discrepancy of competitive balance is comical. 

Someone was on some committee that had a dog in the fight, that's all I'll say. 

41 minutes ago, jets said:

Well- since you asked:

Pike Central, Brown County, Washington, Edgewood, Owen Valley, Princeton...

Meanwhile, you have other area Sectionals with routinely 2 and/or 3 State raked teams squaring off. 

The discrepancy of competitive balance is comical. 

Someone was on some committee that had a dog in the fight, that's all I'll say. 

Oh most definitely....just like how on the north bracket they put all of those powerhouse schools in the same sectional.  

im unfamiliar if anything has changed but I know recently 7 or 8 of the top 10  3A teams were in the same 2 sectionals....and it wasn’t like the schools suddenly became great teams and it’s a coincidence lol

22 hours ago, oldtimeqb said:

Not worried at all.  Just trying to understand what they rolled out and what exactly it means as it seems to only affect LCC, Webo, Chatard at this point.  

It's not an "advantage" when the same rules apply to all.  Your Team could have done the same thing.  The fact is the Senior Class of 2021 at Western Boone played in 58 games out of 60 in their 4 years.  Those kids (as well as the class of 2020 and the class of 2019) worked their tails off to win State.  For you to act like that they found a loop hole to win is absolutely asinine.  None of us here in the Western Boone Community will apologize for winning 3 straight titles.  

Edited by 1st_and_10

1 hour ago, 1st_and_10 said:

Not worried at all.  Just trying to understand what they rolled out and what exactly it means as it seems to only affect LCC, Webo, Chatard at this point.  

It's not an "advantage" when the same rules apply to all.  Your Team could have done the same thing.  The fact is the Senior Class of 2021 at Western Boone played in 58 games out of 60 in their 4 years.  Those kids (as well as the class of 2020 and the class of 2019) worked their tails off to win State.  For you to act like that they found a loop hole to win is absolutely asinine.  None of us here in the Western Boone Community will apologize for winning 3 straight titles.  

I'm not asking you to apologize, nor should you.

I never said you were given an advantage.  But WeBo was able to remain in the same class despite winning back to back state championships. Other schools have been bumped up for less, see 2013-14 Scecina for example.  My problem is with rule, which did benefit Western Boone.  If sophomores play up a classification their HS career due to things prior to their first varsity snaps? Well, that's the rule.     

"Your team could have done the same thing."  You are absolutely 100% correct.  

7 hours ago, oldtimeqb said:

I'm not asking you to apologize, nor should you.

I never said you were given an advantage.  But WeBo was able to remain in the same class despite winning back to back state championships. Other schools have been bumped up for less, see 2013-14 Scecina for example.  My problem is with rule, which did benefit Western Boone.  If sophomores play up a classification their HS career due to things prior to their first varsity snaps? Well, that's the rule.     

"Your team could have done the same thing."  You are absolutely 100% correct.  

your quote “How ironic someone from WeBo would be worried about staying up a class for 3 years after they just took advantage of the SF 2 year reset of points”

Be upset with the IHSAA.  All schools have the ability to do what Webo did.  Its not like Webo decided that now is the time (30 years later) to win state again.  Is the success factor flawed?  Is there a better way?  We have all had those threads and discussed at length.

Yes, Webo Remained in 2A after winning a State Championship and a sectional in the 2 year cycle of 2017 & 2018 (not enough points per the IHSAA success factor).  Webo then won state Titles in the 2 year cycle of 2019 & 2020 and after defeating Heritage Christian in Regional we knew that Webo was going to be in In 3A.

We know we are 3A.  We (and I think Chatard and LCC are in the same boat) just dont understand if we are in for 1 year, 2 years, or 3 years.  No one seems to have that answer.  Thats all I am looking for is clarity.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 1st_and_10 said:

your quote “How ironic someone from WeBo would be worried about staying up a class for 3 years after they just took advantage of the SF 2 year reset of points”

Be upset with the IHSAA.  All schools have the ability to do what Webo did.  Its not like Webo decided that now is the time (30 years later) to win state again.  Is the success factor flawed?  Is there a better way?  We have all had those threads and discussed at length.

Yes, Webo Remained in 2A after winning a State Championship and a sectional in the 2 year cycle of 2017 & 2018 (not enough points per the IHSAA success factor).  Webo then won state Titles in the 2 year cycle of 2019 & 2020 and after defeating Heritage Christian in Regional we knew that Webo was going to be in In 3A.

We know we are 3A.  We (and I think Chatard and LCC are in the same boat) just dont understand if we are in for 1 year, 2 years, or 3 years.  No one seems to have that answer.  Thats all I am looking for is clarity.

Or us, we are close to 2A enrollment playing 4A for what, 2 more years?  Hard to figure...

• Like 2

12 hours ago, 1st_and_10 said:

The way I read it is IHSAA would reclassify for upcoming 2021 due to enrollment and then again in 2022 for success factor. Not sure if that makes sense to do or not. I would think it be easiest to treat 2021 as a third year of the most recent classification keeping everything the same as the past two years, then reclassify for the 2022 season for a 2 year cycle.

• 2 weeks later...

From what I have read and heard from different sources is that in 6A Columbus East and FW Snider will be dropping down because of Success Factor. This has been made clear. The next 2 teams to fill those spots would have to be who? Hammond Central? Zionsville? Jeffersonville?

Does anybody have thoughts or info on which 2 schools will fill those voids in 6A for the upcoming season?

On 4/21/2021 at 12:07 PM, Indiana Fan said:

From what I have read and heard from different sources is that in 6A Columbus East and FW Snider will be dropping down because of Success Factor. This has been made clear. The next 2 teams to fill those spots would have to be who? Hammond Central? Zionsville? Jeffersonville?

Does anybody have thoughts or info on which 2 schools will fill those voids in 6A for the upcoming season?

I do not have legitimate information - however - based on the IHSAA statement, if everything enrollment wise is to be based off the previous enrollment report, I believe that means Zionsville and Valparaiso will move up to 6A as they were the 2 schools bumped down by Columbus East and FW Snider moving into 6A due to success factor. Hammond Central would be the only other possibility depending on how the IHSAA determines their enrollment. If Hammond Central is placed in 6A, that would bump Valparaiso back to 5A.

To me, those are the only 3 schools that can replace Columbus East and FW Snider in 6A.

54 minutes ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

I do not have legitimate information - however - based on the IHSAA statement, if everything enrollment wise is to be based off the previous enrollment report, I believe that means Zionsville and Valparaiso will move up to 6A as they were the 2 schools bumped down by Columbus East and FW Snider moving into 6A due to success factor. Hammond Central would be the only other possibility depending on how the IHSAA determines their enrollment. If Hammond Central is placed in 6A, that would bump Valparaiso back to 5A.

To me, those are the only 3 schools that can replace Columbus East and FW Snider in 6A.

Yes that would make sense to me. I forgot they were freezing enrollment from previous. Still not sure why the classes cannot be released yet. What more is there to discuss?

40 minutes ago, Indiana Fan said:

Yes that would make sense to me. I forgot they were freezing enrollment from previous. Still not sure why the classes cannot be released yet. What more is there to discuss?

Perhaps they just want to release everything at once? Sectional groupings and class placements? Purely guessing here - but I would agree outside of where Hammond Central will be (were there any other school closings or consolidations?), everyone should pretty much know which class they will be in. The only question are those few schools at the top and bottom end of each class.

1 hour ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

Perhaps they just want to release everything at once? Sectional groupings and class placements? Purely guessing here - but I would agree outside of where Hammond Central will be (were there any other school closings or consolidations?), everyone should pretty much know which class they will be in. The only question are those few schools at the top and bottom end of each class.

With those teams who we speculate to move up to 6A, it definitely creates a couple of different sectional alignments, For the South anyway.

Oh I definitely think we'll see a number of changes for 6A sectionals. This is what I believe will happen:

Sectional 1: Crown Point, Lake Central, Merrillville, and then either Hammond Central or Valparaiso
Sectional 2: Chesterton, Elkhart, Penn, Portage (no change)
Sectional 3: FW Carroll, FW Homestead, Noblesville, Warsaw
Sectional 4: Carmel, Lafayette Jeff, Westfield, Zionsville (talk about a GAUNTLET)

Sectional 5: Fishers, HSE, Lawrence Central, Lawrence North
Sectional 6: Franklin Central, North Central, Tech, Warren Central
Sectional 7: Avon, Ben Davis, Brownsburg, Pike
Sectional 8: Center Grove, Columbus North, Perry Meridian, Southport

On 4/23/2021 at 3:06 PM, NLCTigerFan07 said:

Oh I definitely think we'll see a number of changes for 6A sectionals. This is what I believe will happen:

Sectional 1: Crown Point, Lake Central, Merrillville, and then either Hammond Central or Valparaiso
Sectional 2: Chesterton, Elkhart, Penn, Portage (no change)
Sectional 3: FW Carroll, FW Homestead, Noblesville, Warsaw
Sectional 4: Carmel, Lafayette Jeff, Westfield, Zionsville (talk about a GAUNTLET)

Sectional 5: Fishers, HSE, Lawrence Central, Lawrence North
Sectional 6: Franklin Central, North Central, Tech, Warren Central
Sectional 7: Avon, Ben Davis, Brownsburg, Pike
Sectional 8: Center Grove, Columbus North, Perry Meridian, Southport

I would bet this:

sectional 1: Crown Point, Lake Central, Merrillville, Hammond Central

Sectional 2: Chesterton, Elkhart, Penn, Portage

Sectional 3: FW Carroll, Homestead, Warsaw, Lafayette Jeff (Jeff is a tricky one to position)

Sectional 4: Noblesville, Westfield, HSE, Fishers

Sectional 5: Pike, Zionsville, Brownsburg, Avon

Sectional 6: Ben Davis, Perry Meridian, Southport, Tech

Sectional 7: Carmel, North Central, Lawrence North, Lawrence Central

Sectional 8: Warren central, Franklin Central, Center Grove, Columbus North

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Indiana Fan said:

I would bet this:

Sectional 3: FW Carroll, Homestead, Warsaw, Lafayette Jeff (Jeff is a tricky one to position)

Could also see 6A South aligned like this:

Sectional 5: Carmel, North central, LN, LC

Sectional 6: Warren, Tech, Franklin Central, Columbus North

Sectional 7: Pike, Brownsburg, Avon, Zionsville

Sectional 8: Ben Davis, Southport, Perry, CG

11 hours ago, Indiana Fan said:

I would bet this:

Why would you put CG with WC when Perry and Southport  are about 15 min away

Edited by Trojanmp52

23 hours ago, Indiana Fan said:

I would bet this:

If I had my way, there would only be 4 Sectionals, but I'd combine your Sectionals 1&2, 3&4, 5&6, and 7&8 to form my Sectionals 1, 2,3 and 4.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Trojanmp52 said:

Why would you put CG with WC when Perry and Southport  are about 15 min away

Most recently they have not been in the same sectional either. IHSAA divides it up not strictly from South/North. You have to look at the overall view. I also gave another possible way to divide it up as well that had those 3 schools together.