Jump to content

Recommended Posts

22 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

If Columbus East and FW Snider are falling back to 5A then who will be replacing them in 6A?

From what I see, possibly Fort Wayne Northrup and Valpo?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Somehow Illinois not only determines who qualifies for the playoffs, but they also divide the 256 teams into 8 classes and seed the teams.... all in one weekend.  Yet Indiana can't figure out how to c

That was the original plan from the IFCA but our planned got Bobby Coxed right before the finish line.  

Right, I did have some corrections to make to the original list I posted here - take out Barr-Reeve, add in Rock Creek, etc.  I keep a spreadsheet that I have made updates to, I just haven’t posted th

Posted Images

19 hours ago, foxbat said:

Good question as Success Factor timeline has usually been locked to the enrollment number reclassification too ... killing two birds at the same time so to speak.  In this case here, I suspect that the two options that we'll see are 1) three-year Success Factor if enrollment classification comes out next year or 2) the IHSAA will announce this time next year that they are holding off on enrollment reclassification for one more year and that will then put everything back in order based on the past patterning.  The one other option that I don't see IHSAA doing would be enrollment reclassification next year and doing the success Factor reclassification the following year as that would make some type of reclassification an annual occurrence: in odd years it would be Success Factor related and in even years it would be enrollment related.

in theory, couldn't they just choose to put all schools in their enrollment based class next year, and after the subsequent 2 year period, begin the success factor all over again? Essentially restarting the entire classification system?

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, GoodKn19ht said:

in theory, couldn't they just choose to put all schools in their enrollment based class next year, and after the subsequent 2 year period, begin the success factor all over again? Essentially restarting the entire classification system?

They could, but the issue there would then be the original item that @1st_and_10 mentioned, which would be teams under SF would be there for three years instead of the usual two years ... that's also my Option 1 in the post.  One other option that I left out goes with your idea, but would require doing enrollment next year and then also doing it again in the subsequent year, which would then put enrollment and SF classification back on track and in synch the quickest.  It would, however, require a bit of extra effort on the IHSAA's part, which is why I proposed that, if they went this way of just picking up in two years, they would likely take the easy way out and next year just claim that they are going to go one more year with classifications held constant and then pickup under the regular schedule of classifications.

Link to post
Share on other sites

How ironic someone from WeBo would be worried about staying up a class for 3 years after they just took advantage of the SF 2 year reset of points. 

My hope is that IHSAA goes to a rolling 2 year or longer, but definitely rolling point total.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, oldtimeqb said:

How ironic someone from WeBo would be worried about staying up a class for 3 years after they just took advantage of the SF 2 year reset of points. 

My hope is that IHSAA goes to a rolling 2 year or longer, but definitely rolling point total.  

 

How’d Webos take advantage? Everyone has the same rules. STATE LAW!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/7/2021 at 10:49 AM, footballfan2012 said:

What is comical about it? Just curious!

Well- since you asked:

Pike Central, Brown County, Washington, Edgewood, Owen Valley, Princeton...

Meanwhile, you have other area Sectionals with routinely 2 and/or 3 State raked teams squaring off. 

The discrepancy of competitive balance is comical. 

Someone was on some committee that had a dog in the fight, that's all I'll say. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, jets said:

Well- since you asked:

Pike Central, Brown County, Washington, Edgewood, Owen Valley, Princeton...

Meanwhile, you have other area Sectionals with routinely 2 and/or 3 State raked teams squaring off. 

The discrepancy of competitive balance is comical. 

Someone was on some committee that had a dog in the fight, that's all I'll say. 

Oh most definitely....just like how on the north bracket they put all of those powerhouse schools in the same sectional.  
 

im unfamiliar if anything has changed but I know recently 7 or 8 of the top 10  3A teams were in the same 2 sectionals....and it wasn’t like the schools suddenly became great teams and it’s a coincidence lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, oldtimeqb said:

How ironic someone from WeBo would be worried about staying up a class for 3 years after they just took advantage of the SF 2 year reset of points. 

My hope is that IHSAA goes to a rolling 2 year or longer, but definitely rolling point total.  

 

Not worried at all.  Just trying to understand what they rolled out and what exactly it means as it seems to only affect LCC, Webo, Chatard at this point.  

It's not an "advantage" when the same rules apply to all.  Your Team could have done the same thing.  The fact is the Senior Class of 2021 at Western Boone played in 58 games out of 60 in their 4 years.  Those kids (as well as the class of 2020 and the class of 2019) worked their tails off to win State.  For you to act like that they found a loop hole to win is absolutely asinine.  None of us here in the Western Boone Community will apologize for winning 3 straight titles.  

 

Edited by 1st_and_10
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 1st_and_10 said:

Not worried at all.  Just trying to understand what they rolled out and what exactly it means as it seems to only affect LCC, Webo, Chatard at this point.  

It's not an "advantage" when the same rules apply to all.  Your Team could have done the same thing.  The fact is the Senior Class of 2021 at Western Boone played in 58 games out of 60 in their 4 years.  Those kids (as well as the class of 2020 and the class of 2019) worked their tails off to win State.  For you to act like that they found a loop hole to win is absolutely asinine.  None of us here in the Western Boone Community will apologize for winning 3 straight titles.  

 

I'm not asking you to apologize, nor should you.

I never said you were given an advantage.  But WeBo was able to remain in the same class despite winning back to back state championships. Other schools have been bumped up for less, see 2013-14 Scecina for example.  My problem is with rule, which did benefit Western Boone.  If sophomores play up a classification their HS career due to things prior to their first varsity snaps? Well, that's the rule.     

"Your team could have done the same thing."  You are absolutely 100% correct.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, oldtimeqb said:

I'm not asking you to apologize, nor should you.

I never said you were given an advantage.  But WeBo was able to remain in the same class despite winning back to back state championships. Other schools have been bumped up for less, see 2013-14 Scecina for example.  My problem is with rule, which did benefit Western Boone.  If sophomores play up a classification their HS career due to things prior to their first varsity snaps? Well, that's the rule.     

"Your team could have done the same thing."  You are absolutely 100% correct.  

your quote “How ironic someone from WeBo would be worried about staying up a class for 3 years after they just took advantage of the SF 2 year reset of points”

Be upset with the IHSAA.  All schools have the ability to do what Webo did.  Its not like Webo decided that now is the time (30 years later) to win state again.  Is the success factor flawed?  Is there a better way?  We have all had those threads and discussed at length.

Yes, Webo Remained in 2A after winning a State Championship and a sectional in the 2 year cycle of 2017 & 2018 (not enough points per the IHSAA success factor).  Webo then won state Titles in the 2 year cycle of 2019 & 2020 and after defeating Heritage Christian in Regional we knew that Webo was going to be in In 3A.

We know we are 3A.  We (and I think Chatard and LCC are in the same boat) just dont understand if we are in for 1 year, 2 years, or 3 years.  No one seems to have that answer.  Thats all I am looking for is clarity.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 1st_and_10 said:

your quote “How ironic someone from WeBo would be worried about staying up a class for 3 years after they just took advantage of the SF 2 year reset of points”

Be upset with the IHSAA.  All schools have the ability to do what Webo did.  Its not like Webo decided that now is the time (30 years later) to win state again.  Is the success factor flawed?  Is there a better way?  We have all had those threads and discussed at length.

Yes, Webo Remained in 2A after winning a State Championship and a sectional in the 2 year cycle of 2017 & 2018 (not enough points per the IHSAA success factor).  Webo then won state Titles in the 2 year cycle of 2019 & 2020 and after defeating Heritage Christian in Regional we knew that Webo was going to be in In 3A.

We know we are 3A.  We (and I think Chatard and LCC are in the same boat) just dont understand if we are in for 1 year, 2 years, or 3 years.  No one seems to have that answer.  Thats all I am looking for is clarity.

 

Or us, we are close to 2A enrollment playing 4A for what, 2 more years?  Hard to figure...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, 1st_and_10 said:

We know we are 3A.  We (and I think Chatard and LCC are in the same boat) just dont understand if we are in for 1 year, 2 years, or 3 years.  No one seems to have that answer.  Thats all I am looking for is clarity.

The way I read it is IHSAA would reclassify for upcoming 2021 due to enrollment and then again in 2022 for success factor. Not sure if that makes sense to do or not. I would think it be easiest to treat 2021 as a third year of the most recent classification keeping everything the same as the past two years, then reclassify for the 2022 season for a 2 year cycle.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...