Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Indianapolis sweeps the finals

Has this ever happened before? Anyway, congrats to Indianapolis. They have a stronghold on high school football. In all fairness, the 2A champ resides 23 miles from the edge of Indy.............call it what you want. I call it a clean sweep. 

Edited by BTF
correction

2 minutes ago, BTF said:

I guess I'm giving Indianapolis too much credit. Neither is Carmel, Zionsville, Westfield, or Avon. 

If the local media sends a reporter to cover a contest on a regular basis, it counts.

WeBo, Center Grove, Danville, Zionsville and Westfield are not in Marion County but are considered Indy schools.

Edited by temptation

8 minutes ago, temptation said:

If the local media sends a reporter to cover a contest on a regular basis, it counts.

WeBo, Center Grove, Danville, Zionsville and Westfield are not in Marion County but are considered Indy schools.

Not that it matters too much, but over the years in my business life I’ve had to generate market studies of the Indy Metropolitan area as regards population figures for lenders and investors.  For the purpose of those studies, the Indy Metropolitan area “officially” included all adjacent counties AND Madison County (Anderson).

Edited by Lysander
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, temptation said:

Then yes, South Adams is a Fort Wayne area team. I was kidding with my last statement. If those teams aren't Indianapolis, then Homestead and Carroll aren't Fort Wayne. 

2 minutes ago, temptation said:

South Bend seems to be dying.  What about the Louisville metro area?

Oh haven't you heard?  After the brilliant leadership of Pete Buttigieg, we are thriving now.  We even have two-way roads downtown!

Edited by XStar
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, FarmerFran said:

Does this mean all Indy schools should be bumped up a class??? 😂

Indy Metro population is 2.2M

State population is 6.2M

36% of state residents live in Indy Metro area

100% of football state championships have been won in Indy Metro.

Others areas are either underperforming, uninterested, or outclassed.

Pick 1.

Just now, DT said:

State population is 6.2M

Pick 1.

I might take 4 of 5.  But NO WAY am I considering that those outside of Indy (other than underperforming) are: uninterested or outclassed.  

Only class 6A is the outlier that those outside of the Indy metro area, can even say in all honesty that they are "outclassed".  There aren't enough 6A teams in anything near a proximity to bring the level of competition to that Indianapolis has to offer.

6 minutes ago, DT said:

State population is 6.2M

Pick 1.

and in the 3 years before this year, out of the 18 state champions, 3 came from Marion County?   In the Metro area 4 (Ben Davis, Warren, Carmel and Chatard).  4 of 18.  

image.png.9f1d6869805e26403322e249bc59cdc3.png

4 hours ago, BTF said:

Then yes, South Adams is a Fort Wayne area team. I was kidding with my last statement. If those teams aren't Indianapolis, then Homestead and Carroll aren't Fort Wayne. 

Both schools sit on/across the street from the city limits.  

1 hour ago, Grandpa B said:

and in the 3 years before this year, out of the 18 state champions, 3 came from Marion County?   In the Metro area 4 (Ben Davis, Warren, Carmel and Chatard).  4 of 18.  

image.png.9f1d6869805e26403322e249bc59cdc3.png

I guess we’ve established that doughnut county schools are “metro” area. So that’s 8 of 18.