Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Private vs. Parochial - Big Difference

2 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

P/P may not have mentally challenged kids, but there most certainly are physically challenged kids at P/P.

I didn't mean to imply they didn't.  But lets say in your county there is a public that is designated as the key facility for kids with these issues....it can be a factor in enrollment.

1 hour ago, Titan32 said:

We have a many of the attributes mentioned repeatedly on the GID that folks say it takes to be successful in football.  We work hard to maintain them.  We also have a good program for physically and mentally challenged kids (another factor in the enrollment at many publics).

Maybe someone from Roncalli can answer this question, but do the students in the STARS program count towards enrollment totals?  I believe that it is the only program in the archdiocese which provides Catholic education to students with learning disabilities, so, families from all over Indianapolis send their kids to Roncalli for it.  By all accounts, it is an excellent program.  Although, it has been quite some time now, I have had a few friends from the north deanery sends their kids there and everyone raves about it.    

20 minutes ago, George Orwell 2 said:

Maybe someone from Roncalli can answer this question, but do the students in the STARS program count towards enrollment totals?  I believe that it is the only program in the archdiocese which provides Catholic education to students with learning disabilities, so, families from all over Indianapolis send their kids to Roncalli for it.  By all accounts, it is an excellent program.  Although, it has been quite some time now, I have had a few friends from the north deanery sends their kids there and everyone raves about it.    

Does the state pay for it, or do parents pay Roncalli directly?  Just curious not making any points here.

20 minutes ago, George Orwell 2 said:

It was my impression when speaking with my friends about it that they paid tuition like anyone else, but, I don't know for a fact.  

Thought perhaps there was a subsidy or something at least from the County/State to provide the service.  Great respect for those who provide it.

Edited by Titan32