Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Linton Miner Girls BB team.

globemstr3

Tell ya what not much talk now but those Linton Girls are one heckuva team. Funny I see Frankton #4 in 2A. We could very well have a repeat game a few months away! Congrats to both schools. Come on Miner Fans lets hear about our girls! BTW Linton Boys won a double header against 2 very good teams Saturday. Lets not forget them either! GO Miners!

23 hours ago, globemstr3 said:

Tell ya what not much talk now but those Linton Girls are one heckuva team. Funny I see Frankton #4 in 2A. We could very well have a repeat game a few months away! Congrats to both schools. Come on Miner Fans lets hear about our girls! BTW Linton Boys won a double header against 2 very good teams Saturday. Lets not forget them either! GO Miners!

Big high school basketball message board over at Harrell's. Lots of southern Indiana flavor over there.

On 11/29/2020 at 2:04 PM, globemstr3 said:

Jan. 9, 2021  (1 p.m.) 2A No. 1 Linton vs. 3A No. 5 Crown Point

Hey GMS, why is this game at New Castle and not at Linton.

What is the event occuring at New Castle that day?

The game with Crown Point is actually meaningless.  Nothing more than bragging rights.  With this Lady Miner team it's deja vu.   It's a no brainer they are #1 since they are the defending champs and had no seniors on the team last year.  They'll sweep through 2A like a wildfire when the tournament starts and repeat.

On 12/7/2020 at 7:53 AM, itiswhatitis said:

The game with Crown Point is actually meaningless.  Nothing more than bragging rights.  With this Lady Miner team it's deja vu.   It's a no brainer they are #1 since they are the defending champs and had no seniors on the team last year.  They'll sweep through 2A like a wildfire when the tournament starts and repeat.

All well and good.  But permit me to ask again.

Why is the CP-Linton-Stockton game not at Linton?  Why is it at New Castle? Its not the Hall-of-Fame tournament. 

What is going on at New Castle that day?,  that day being Jan. 9.

Anybody know? 

8 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

All well and good.  But permit me to ask again.

Why is the CP-Linton-Stockton game not at Linton?  Why is it at New Castle? Its not the Hall-of-Fame tournament. 

What is going on at New Castle that day?,  that day being Jan. 9.

Anybody know? 

It's a 4 team "challenge"(does not include New Castle's team). Last year, there were 4 teams, with consolation and championship games. I can't find out who the other 2 teams are.

• Like 1

On 12/7/2020 at 7:53 AM, itiswhatitis said:

The CP-Linton game is one that both teams will probably say is meaningless until they win it.

2A No. 1 vs 4A No.1 ?   That's a big deal.

When I made my comment, CP was #5.  It's a little bit different now that they are #1.  Still it's for bragging rights and not much more than that.  It will benefit Linton more if they win.  For a 2A team, they are very, very good.  It will be a good test but I don't see it any more than that.

5 hours ago, itiswhatitis said:

When I made my comment, CP was #5.  It's a little bit different now that they are #1.  Still it's for bragging rights and not much more than that.  It will benefit Linton more if they win.  For a 2A team, they are very, very good.  It will be a good test but I don't see it any more than that.

I am not connected with the team but I would doubt Crown Point feels that way.    If Linton hadnt won state, I'm guessing this game wouldnt be happening.

There's no 'bragging rights' between these two schools.  CP plays Michigan City (7-0) the night before they play Linton. Its a key league game.

But they arent getting on the big yellow bus and driving 4 hours the next day to play a 'very, very good' 2A team.   2A No. 8 Andrean (6-0) is a good 2A team.  CP plays them  on Dec. 23.. 

I'd suggest that CP is coming to New Castle to play a champion. A team that has lost only 13 games in the last four seasons. A battle-tested winner. 

Crown Point has had two consecutive undefeated regular seasons and I'd guess, they're looking for someone who can beat them.   CP added 4A No. 1 Penn to the schedule this year. The played Castle and defending 4A champ Lawrence North on the same day. They need/want to beat teams that win ALL the time. 

CP needs to beat champs and the set-up of the schedule MC/Linton in less than 24 hours creates a giant hurdle.

On 11/30/2020 at 6:35 PM, oldunclemark said:

Jan. 9, 2021  (1 p.m.) 2A No. 1 Linton vs. 3A No. 5 Crown Point

Hey GMS, why is this game at New Castle and not at Linton.

What is the event occuring at New Castle that day?

It's an annual affair with top teams.  I think Heritage Christian is also there and another but I don't know who.  Linton Played Triton Central last year and lost by ten.  That played a large part in the Miners beating Triton Central in the tourney.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kingtut said:

It's an annual affair with top teams.  I think Heritage Christian is also there and another but I don't know who.  Linton Played Triton Central last year and lost by ten.  That played a large part in the Miners beating Triton Central in the tourney.

Heritage Christian doesn't have a game scheduled that day. I looked at several teams and schedules and couldn't find out who the other teams are going to be. I wish we had more people on here who follow girls basketball. My daughter plays for Hamilton Heights. We've only had 3 games this year. Have 5 more scheduled before 1/1, so hope we get them in.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/14/2020 at 2:00 PM, kingtut said:

Looks Like Linton vs. Crown Point has been cancelled. 

CP is playing Lake Station (8-2) on Jan. 9 while Linton is hosting 3A No.  1 Evansville Memorial.(11-0)...

CP vs 3A No. 3 Andrean (11-0) has been bumped to Jan. 23..

So many schedule changes...

On 1/6/2021 at 1:59 AM, oldunclemark said:

Looks Like Linton vs. Crown Point has been cancelled. 

CP is playing Lake Station (8-2) on Jan. 9 while Linton is hosting 3A No.  1 Evansville Memorial.(11-0)...

CP vs 3A No. 3 Andrean (11-0) has been bumped to Jan. 23..

So many schedule changes...

And Linton won against 3A #1 Memorial in overtime.

• 2 weeks later...