Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Ben Davis - Warren Central Programs are at a Crossroads Moment

Guest DT

17 hours ago, Grover said:

We are on the heels of the big four teams in the MIC winning the last four state titles.  All four are still relevant.  Carmel had a down year by their standards but they won state last year.

It will be interesting as always to see how the teams stack up next year.  CG may never again have the talent it had this year but the proverbial cupboard is full.

If Carmel gets to go up north for the playoffs, they'll probably be in the state championship even if they lose a few games.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, HoosierFB_JG said:

I’ve never even met you, yet I know you’re the biggest jerk I’ve ever known.  I personally don’t care what you think of me, but at least I know my character is good and that I’m involved in all of this for the good of the kids.  You and DT are only concerned with your own egos and are the reasons kids have self esteem issues and don’t try.  It’s because of people such as yourselves that we, as educators, have to constantly focus on other things besides education.  

5 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

You have to admit, you do like triggering people.

If things that transpire on a HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL message board "trigger" you into a rant such as this one, you need to take a long look in the mirror.

Others that I may have "triggered" have not gone off of the deep end like this guy.  Folks may not have control over what others say, but they sure as hell have control over how they react/respond to WHAT others say and this is very telling.

Funny thing is, I usually break that same quote out with the kids with whom I work.  This dude just threw stones without even knowing what my resume is....

(Hint:  I work with kids daily and 99.9% percent of them would state the exact OPPOSITE of the BOLDED quote above.)

23 minutes ago, temptation said:

If things that transpire on a HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL message board "trigger" you into a rant such as this one, you need to take a long look in the mirror.

Others that I may have "triggered" have not gone off of the deep end like this guy.  Folks may not have control over what others say, but they sure as hell have control over how they react/respond to WHAT others say and this is very telling.

Funny thing is, I usually break that same quote out with the kids with whom I work.  This dude just threw stones without even knowing what my resume is....

(Hint:  I work with kids daily and 99.9% percent of them would state the exact OPPOSITE of the BOLDED quote above.)

You tend to be knowledgeable about high school football at all levels as well as many of the nuances involved with why teams succeed or don't. I've been around the neighborhood, however, long enough to know that it's not always what you say but how you say it. Sometimes it seems that you say things specifically to get a response. If I'm wrong on that assessment, I apologize.

It works both ways, though. I have posted things here I'm not proud of, and I admit there have been a few times that I have crafted a response and decided not to hit reply.

Sometimes it's best just not to reply and move on. I direct this quote not at anyone, but I post it because I like it. As Mark Twain or Abe Lincoln (I've seen it attributed both ways) said, "Tis better to be silent and thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt."

12 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

You tend to be knowledgeable about high school football at all levels as well as many of the nuances involved with why teams succeed or don't. I've been around the neighborhood, however, long enough to know that it's not always what you say but how you say it. Sometimes it seems that you say things specifically to get a response. If I'm wrong on that assessment, I apologize.

It works both ways, though. I have posted things here I'm not proud of, and I admit there have been a few times that I have crafted a response and decided not to hit reply.

Sometimes it's best just not to reply and move on. I direct this quote not at anyone, but I post it because I like it. As Mark Twain or Abe Lincoln (I've seen it attributed both ways) said, "Tis better to be silent and thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt."

Isn't the point of a message board to generate discussion?  Good/bad otherwise?  Doesn't life get boring when everyone agrees?

Doesn't nearly every network (both sports and non sports) have daily programming where they sit folks on opposite ends of a table and have them debate and discuss topics for hours on end?

I'm not one for folks' feelings and I will reiterate that if you get "triggered" to the point where you threaten someone and name call on a HIGH SCHOOL MESSAGE BOARD, the problem is on your end and not mine.

Back to the topic.  I see Center Grove as the class of the MIC going forward and specifically in 2021.  I do think that the gap will close as the Trojans are suffering some key graduation losses and covid may not play a factor (lord lets hope so) next fall.

Even with that being said, the gap closing (CG beat the two teams in the title of this thread by an average of 29 points per game in 4 meetings) still spells bad news for the rest of the conference.

It'll be the same four in 2021 as always, but the games will be closer.

Edited by temptation

5 minutes ago, temptation said:

Back to the topic.  I see Center Grove as the class of the MIC going forward and specifically in 2021.  I do think that the gap will close as the Trojans are suffering some key graduation losses and covid may not play a factor (lord lets hope so) next fall.

Even with that being said, the gap closing (CG beat the two teams in the title of this thread by an average of 29 points per game in 4 meetings) still spells bad news for the rest of the conference.

It'll be the same four in 2021 as always, but the games will be closer.

I for one hope that everyone gets a full offseason under the same rules and regs. Not an excuse (CG was the class of 6A by far), but county location made a difference in what programs were able to do.

Edited by BDGiant93

7 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

I for one hope that everyone gets a full offseason under the same rules and regs. Not an excuse (CG was the class of 6A by far), but county location made a difference in what programs were able to do.

I assume you are speaking specifically for what they were able to do in the offseason and I really can't say I disagree but is that really measurable?  Chatard, Cathedral and Roncalli just won state titles in dominating fashion while playing in Marion County.  LN had quite possibly its best year in school history (Marion County).  

Warren and BD were definitely playing their best football BY FAR at the end of the season which speaks to your point, but for every example in that direction, there is one that I can find that contradicts that point of view.

Edited by temptation

3 hours ago, temptation said:

I assume you are speaking specifically for what they were able to do in the offseason and I really can't say I disagree but is that really measurable?  Chatard, Cathedral and Roncalli just won state titles in dominating fashion while playing in Marion County.  LN had quite possibly its best year in school history (Marion County).  

Warren and BD were definitely playing their best football BY FAR at the end of the season which speaks to your point, but for every example in that direction, there is one that I can find that contradicts that point of view.

Fair point. 

On 11/30/2020 at 10:27 PM, HoosierFB_JG said:

DT knows very little about X’s and O’s and uses these hot takes to keep himself relevant.

While I agree he know very little about X's and O's, he knows even less about the Jimmy and Joes who are the primary reasons for success in a PROGRAM.  

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Grandpa B said:

While I agree he know very little about X's and O's, he knows even less about the Jimmy and Joes who are the primary reasons for success in a PROGRAM.  

But his point that Warren and BD have fewer "Jimmy's and Joe's" than in years past when looking up and down the roster is accurate.  

Edited by temptation

5 minutes ago, temptation said:

CG TO BD and WC in 2021.

image.jpeg.07ac7446e24946c0fc328d6ef2affd63.jpeg

Haha, too much experience with and respect for all of those programs from me. I would have to see them go down and stay down to believe it. I'd react the same way about CG if this thread was reversed.

Edited by PDB26

4 hours ago, PDB26 said:

Haha, too much experience with and respect for all of those programs from me. I would have to see them go down and stay down to believe it. I'd react the same way about CG if this thread was reversed.

I agree with you and would add Penn to the list of down but far from out!