Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Personal Best 2020 Football Season Memory

Let's hear all the great personal memories made this football season.

We all know about the success that was getting through this season and the numerous state title threads, so let's try and keep it different than that.

Mine would be working round 1 of sectionals.  LOVED it.  Going to keep working hard, in all aspects, to be the best official I can be.  The "best game"  I was apart of was my week 9 game.  2 VERY good teams.  Excellent football players and coaches.  Just smooth!  Oh, and got evaluated that game.  😆  It was a "tough love" evaluation, but that is ok.  We need to listen to the message, not how it is delivered.

This season was tough, for a variety of reasons, but it was certainly tough. The overall cathartic moment we had coming from behind to beat Franklin first round of sectional play is something I will never forget. We were down 27-3 late in the 3rd and found a way to win. It wasn't the best win this program has ever had nor will it be the one everyone ever talks about, but seeing our seniors literally cry tears of joy/relief at the end of that game is most certainly the highlight of this season for me. 

• Like 1

After almost 20 years of watching Indiana high school football, watching LOTS of the kids that I've coached over 18 seasons make their way to and through the high school field, and even a season of watching one of my daughter's perform at high school games as a member of the dance team, I finally got to see my oldest son play high school football and score his first high school points this season.  Probably the least number of high school games that I've seen in a season for the last 15 years, but one that's going to be in my top football memories because of my son.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, foxbat said:

After almost 20 years of watching Indiana high school football, watching LOTS of the kids that I've coached over 18 seasons make their way to and through the high school field, and even a season of watching one of my daughter's perform at high school games as a member of the dance team, I finally got to see my oldest son play high school football and score his first high school points this season.  Probably the least number of high school games that I've seen in a season for the last 15 years, but one that's going to be in my top football memories because of my son.

Perfect example. Thank you Foxy!  

3 hours ago, Coach Harvey said:

This season was tough, for a variety of reasons, but it was certainly tough. The overall cathartic moment we had coming from behind to beat Franklin first round of sectional play is something I will never forget. We were down 27-3 late in the 3rd and found a way to win. It wasn't the best win this program has ever had nor will it be the one everyone ever talks about, but seeing our seniors literally cry tears of joy/relief at the end of that game is most certainly the highlight of this season for me. 

Great story. Just. Keep. Playing. 

3 hours ago, PHJIrish said:

People willing to help us get tickets to the games and of course winning the 5A State Championship were the highlights for me.

Absolutely with the tickets. People serving others. Awesome!

1 hour ago, 1st_and_10 said:

Josiah Smiths 38 yard FG with :07 seconds left.  

So awesome. Long story short. I was watching the entire game up until roughly 2-3 minutes to go. Chatted w a friend. We both were saying we hoped he’d have another chance in his athletic career to “redeem” himself. Come home. Read the recap here. Had to text them the FANTASTIC news. What a clutch kick. What a great game. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Watching my youngest son (freshman) score his first varsity TD.  The Courier and Press caught a picture of his smile the moment after he caught it, the image is priceless to me (thanks to friends at the Courier and Press).

THIS!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Titan32 said:

Watching my youngest son (freshman) score his first varsity TD.  The Courier and Press caught a picture of his smile the moment after he caught it, the image is priceless to me (thanks to friends at the Courier and Press).

Congrats impressive to have a freshman playing varsity let alone score a td 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, vanman said:

Beating Gibson Southern "When it mattered."

Undefeated regular season for first time in school history.

Silencing Stink Town Clown for an entire day and a half.

Great news.  Please tell John Schneider I said hello.

Due to COVID rearranging the schedule and playing 2A due to success factor the Pioneer Panthers got to play six of their games against teams that these boys had never played in the past. 6A Chesterton, 4A New Haven, Delphi, Bremen, Andrean and Luers. Watching how our young men went to battle against those schools and coming out with a win against Chesterton will stick with me for a while. Then going on to win a Regional in 2A against Andrean. (Those boys were huge) It was a fun year! 

• Like 2

Too many awesome memories to count.  Being at my son's last practice last Friday and watching him walk off the field and tap the goal post one last time was really special.   He ended his season and career with a win on Saturday, and that was pretty great too.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JackStraw1 said:

Too many awesome memories to count.  Being at my son's last practice last Friday and watching him walk off the field and tap the goal post one last time was really special.   He ended his season and career with a win on Saturday, and that was pretty great too.

Been there....back when Park Tudor would let us borrow their field for it.  Seems both 100 years ago and, yet, just yesterday.......all at the same time.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NeverWas said:

Due to COVID rearranging the schedule and playing 2A due to success factor the Pioneer Panthers got to play six of their games against teams that these boys had never played in the past. 6A Chesterton, 4A New Haven, Delphi, Bremen, Andrean and Luers. Watching how our young men went to battle against those schools and coming out with a win against Chesterton will stick with me for a while. Then going on to win a Regional in 2A against Andrean. (Those boys were huge) It was a fun year! 

Agreed 100%. Enjoyed officiating a pioneer game this past fall. Nothing but high praise for pioneer football. 

6 hours ago, JackStraw1 said:

So cool. Congrats. Big fan of Chatard football. First class. 

3 hours ago, Lysander said:

Been there....back when Park Tudor would let us borrow their field for it.  Seems both 100 years ago and, yet, just yesterday.......all at the same time.

They grow up so fast. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Winning 8 straight from starting 0-3 on the season and ended 8-4 for my Tigers, sadly we didn’t hold onto to the sectional final 

Thanks so much for sharing. Way to keep fighting after the start. No quit. Love it. 

7 hours ago, NeverWas said:

Pioneer had a great team. It was a great environment even under the conditions of the time. Being one of the press box coaches and being stuck outside the press box, the fans around us were great too. Watching that offense run as well as it did even in week 3 was impressive, especially considering the qb was a freshman. Best of luck next season. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Pioneer had a great team. It was a great environment even under the conditions of the time. Being one of the press box coaches and being stuck outside the press box, the fans around us were great too. Watching that offense run as well as it did even in week 3 was impressive, especially considering the qb was a freshman. Best of luck next season. 

Thanks for sharing Irish. As you know, you and new haven always have a fan with me. 

18 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Should be an interesting season this year, returns nearly everyone except for QB, and should be one of the teams to contend for 4A South

Fantastic. Will be following from nwi. 

• Thanks 1