Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Personal Best 2020 Football Season Memory

On 12/2/2020 at 3:03 PM, NeverWas said:

Due to COVID rearranging the schedule and playing 2A due to success factor the Pioneer Panthers got to play six of their games against teams that these boys had never played in the past. 6A Chesterton, 4A New Haven, Delphi, Bremen, Andrean and Luers. Watching how our young men went to battle against those schools and coming out with a win against Chesterton will stick with me for a while. Then going on to win a Regional in 2A against Andrean. (Those boys were huge) It was a fun year! 

Not to rain on your parade, but that wasn’t the first meeting between Pioneer and Bremen. 😉

On 12/2/2020 at 3:03 PM, NeverWas said:

Due to COVID rearranging the schedule and playing 2A due to success factor the Pioneer Panthers got to play six of their games against teams that these boys had never played in the past. 6A Chesterton, 4A New Haven, Delphi, Bremen, Andrean and Luers. Watching how our young men went to battle against those schools and coming out with a win against Chesterton will stick with me for a while. Then going on to win a Regional in 2A against Andrean. (Those boys were huge) It was a fun year! 

The biggest reason I was excited about Pioneer getting bumped up to 2A was the potential for new matchups. Last year was a major disappointment in that regard with the first round exit vs annual opponent Cass, but this past season more than made up for it. 

I'll cherish the win vs a 6A opponent as much as any of the state championships.

On 11/30/2020 at 8:35 PM, DE said:

So awesome. Long story short. I was watching the entire game up until roughly 2-3 minutes to go. Chatted w a friend. We both were saying we hoped he’d have another chance in his athletic career to “redeem” himself. Come home. Read the recap here. Had to text them the FANTASTIC news. What a clutch kick. What a great game. 

I saw a video from a fan in the stadium and hearing LOS erupt when he hit that field goal brought goose bumps. 

This season was full of ups and downs, but I would say being able to get a full season in and only having four kids get quarantined the whole season.  It really was as high stress but super rewarding season. I am very happy to have been able to coach this year.

11 minutes ago, Obi-Wan said:

I saw a video from a fan in the stadium and hearing LOS erupt when he hit that field goal brought goose bumps. 

This season was full of ups and downs, but I would say being able to get a full season in and only having four kids get quarantined the whole season.  It really was as high stress but super rewarding season. I am very happy to have been able to coach this year.

What sports is about!