Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Max Preps All State Team- Where is the outrage?

6 minutes ago, RetiredOfficial03 said:

https://www.maxpreps.com/news/7qOcRIuBwEatC487MQZAxA/2020-indiana-maxpreps-all-state-high-school-football-team.htm

1 selection from Roncalli

0 selections from Bishop Chatard  

But 2 from Mooresville and 2 from Hobart?  Interesting........

Just goes to show, Catholics do more with less.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6

20 hours ago, Lysander said:

Just goes to show, Catholics do more with less.

Honestly I don't know that Chatard had a super star at any position. However I think they had excellent players as a collective group. Nobody really stood out or would wow you in the stats, but they played solid fundamental football. The ultimate team I guess you would say. They kind of spread the wealth around.

Love seeing James Arnold on here, but this list is a joke. How does Yanni make it playing only a few games? Did he even make it past week 1? He’s probably the best linebacker in the state, but how do you give someone all stare honors being hurt all year?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thor77 said:

Love seeing James Arnold on here, but this list is a joke. How does Yanni make it playing only a few games? Did he even make it past week 1? He’s probably the best linebacker in the state, but how do you give someone all stare honors being hurt all year?

James totally deserves it.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thor77 said:

Name?

16 minutes ago, Thor77 said:

Yanni Karlaftis

Sorry.  I was referencing this part of your post, " how do you give someone all stare honors being hurt all year?" by answering he was given this award because of his name.

As a possibility.  Hence the "?"

• Like 1

Really surprised Devin Mockobee didn't make this list. Only available to play 8 games due to a covid quarantine and a early exit in the playoffs he put up 189 carries for 1820 yards and 27 Tds heck in Mockobees last 13 Games hes had 258 Carries for 2734 yards and 46 TDs.  Even though the Navy RB/ATH commit is a 3 star recruit hes probly one of the most underated players in the state because he's not from the Indy area. The film doesn't lie on this kid if you haven't seen him check him out. 

MaxPreps for years referred to Ben Davis as Davis High School. I tried to explain to them that Ben Davis is not named after a person directly but the community of Ben Davis (which barely exists anymore). They never were interested in my many opportunities to correct them. I believe they finally changed the name when the BD girls basketball team had their run to the National Championship in 2009 and they realized no one called Ben Davis just Davis.

The community of Ben Davis derives(d) its name from a Vandalia Railroad Executive who got a stop on the railroad for the community. That was the Ben Davis stop and the community became known as Ben Davis.

Edited by BDGiant93
  • Thanks 1