Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Consolidation is the Key to Northern Indiana Football Success/Survival

Guest DT

With Indy Metro and the Big PPs pulling further ahead in the race for high school football supremacy in Indiana, its become crystal clear that conference consolidation is the Norths last great hope to slow down the Indy machine and close the competitive balance gap that is widening year after year.

Here is the recipe for success that will improve overall play in the north and better prepare northern schools to compete against their central Indiana counterparts :

1. DAC absorbs Penn and Elkhart

Clearly a win-win for both sides.  Elkhart is the real deal and Penn's program is declining due to poor regular season competition. The DACs bigest schools (Lake Central/Crown Point/Portage) are also its most underforming .  Elkhart and Penn will push all 3 to raise the bar and reinvest in their programs for long term improvement.  The new DAC will be a closed conference and play a 9 game round robin schedule, with Saturday games to mitigate the negative affects of long weekly roadtrips.

2. Northwest Crossroads Expands from 6 to 10

With Griffiths departure and downtrending programs at Highland and Munster, the NCC is sliding towards irrelevancy.  Hammond school consolidation creates a once in a lifetime opportunity for The NCC to add two quality 5A program in Hammond Morton and Hammond Central.  East Chicago Central and Gary West Side are also asked to join and the NCC suddenly is home to a plethora of Region athletic talent and some great historical programs that will add great value to the conference perception both on and off the field.

3. Marian follows Mishawaka into the NLC

Marian desires separation from the South Bend schools and achieves that goal by jumping to the NLC.  The 8th NLC spot opens when Warsaw leaves for the SAC.  

4. Warsaw makes the jump to The SAC

This is a reminder to check in on your friends. Mental health issues are starting to wise as a result of this pandemic. Combine that with the start of the colder weather and darker days, some individuals may need more love and attention.  It is important to know that some individuals may loss touch with reality and not even realize that they are falling into a deep dark pit of despair.

• Haha 6

46 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

How many of these teams just need to contract and re-form into a larger school pooling the talent?

I offered that in another thread to create a MEGA school with Jeff/Harrison/McCutcheon which would become the largest school in Indiana and eclipse Carmel by roughly half a grand, but I was told it would make for boring football in the Lafayette area.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, gonzoron said:

How many of these teams just need to contract and re-form into a larger school pooling the talent?

South Bend had a feasibility study done about their used of buildings.  It was suggested that 5 to 8 buildings be eliminated.  No one knows what buildings they suggested.

The problem is when a building is eliminated, charters can buy them for a dollar.  That would be a signifiant loss of revenue.  

My high school suggestion would be to combine Clay and Washington and locate them at Lasalle (former high school).  Expand the Riley district into Adams.  That would give South Bend 3 high schools with about 1600 students.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LaSalle Lions 1976 said:

My high school suggestion would be to combine Clay and Washington and locate them at Lasalle (former high school).  Expand the Riley district into Adams.  That would give South Bend 3 high schools with about 1600 students.

How does the IB magnet program at Adams affect enrollment currently, and even if Riley's district is expanded? Does it at all? 

7 hours ago, PDB26 said:

How does the IB magnet program at Adams affect enrollment currently, and even if Riley's district is expanded? Does it at all? 

I don't think the IB effects much because the enrollment is capped.  Adams is the go to high school with almost 2000 students.

It should be easy to take  students to Riley.

12 hours ago, LaSalle Lions 1976 said:

I don't think the IB effects much because the enrollment is capped.

Ok, that's what I was curious about. I didn't know that the magnet program was capped, but that makes it easy to adjust the enrollments then.