Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Franklin Central - Good job?

5 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

I know you like to bring up SES Socio Economics, but how do you explain East St. Louis in Illinois or some other schools lacking in SES from other states? What do they have that poor SES schools in Indiana don't have (honest question). I mean if there is any school with terrible SES it would be East St. Louis Flyers (by a long shot) not even comparable to terrible SES in Indiana. Yet they can win Illinois 7A State Championships. I think some try to use it as a crutch, but it can and is overcome in multiple states.

Don’t know enough about the area to be honest.  Not arguing ESL’s SES/demographics at all.  Is it possible that they are just a magnet for all of the football talent in the area?  Not much to speak of in southern Illinois in terms of bursting metropolises.

From a quick search it appears they only compete in 11 varsity sports...

• Kill me now 1

1 minute ago, temptation said:

Don’t know enough about the area to be honest.  Not arguing ESL’s SES/demographics at all.  Is it possible that they are just a magnet for all of the football talent in the area?  Not much to speak of in southern Illinois in terms of bursting metropolises.

From a quick search it appears they only compete in 11 varsity sports...

As a St. Louis County born and bred guy.

The ONLY thing that ESL is a magnet for is...crime!   Oh and great HS sports teams!

No one in their right mind is going TO ESL for a sports team....

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Yuccaguy said:

As a St. Louis County born and bred guy.

The ONLY thing that ESL is a magnet for is...crime!   Oh and great HS sports teams!

No one in their right mind is going TO ESL for a sports team....

Then can you shed more insight on my man’s question above?

9 hours ago, Yuccaguy said:

Part 2 is the 2nd link....  No one would ever suggest (in their right mind) that anyone would GO to ESLH for the academics or sports.   Those days passed in the 30s through early 50s. 

I hear it is a great place to get directions to the Interstate on your way to Wally World. Clark told me they were very friendly and only charged him some hubcaps on the family truckster. 😆

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, FastpacedO said:

I hear it is a great place to get directions to the Interstate on your way to Wally World. Clark told me they were very friendly and only charged him some hubcaps on the family truckster. 😆

And spray paint.

2 hours ago, FastpacedO said:

Some aren't quite as helpful, but they will ask about your mom.  😃

• Haha 1

There is truly only one person this move needs to be good for, and that is Coach West.  He has stated it is what's best for his family and that is really that is all that needs to be said.  He has proven that he is a great coach and a great motivator of young men.  FC, not only got a great coach, but also a great person who will get them competing at a high level in a short amount of time.  FC hit the jackpot with this hire.

• Like 2