Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Is Harrison about to overtake Jeff in Lafayette?

Guest DT

5 minutes ago, temptation said:

Because Jeff is a GUARANTEED conference title annually because the NCC is a joke.

FC/Noblesville are in HCC purgatory.

Don't confuse the two.

I was simply pointing out the similarities between the two. Similarities that some on here have said are VERY important to having a successful program. 

With that said, I actually believe Noblesville has the right guy up there. Look for them to be more competitive over the next few years. 

8 minutes ago, vicvinegar said:

I was simply pointing out the similarities between the two. Similarities that some on here have said are VERY important to having a successful program. 

With that said, I actually believe Noblesville has the right guy up there. Look for them to be more competitive over the next few years. 

They are important, no doubt.  But the uphill climb for Noblesville/FC due to those SAME similarities can’t be ignored.

F/R/L

Zionsville - 5 percent

Westfield - 15 percent

Fishers/HSE - 18 percent

Noblesville - 24 percent

Brownsburg - 25 percent

Avon - 35 percent

Franklin Central - 40 percent

Drop Jeff back into the HCC and they are in the lower third.

Drop FC/Noblesville into the NCC and they contend for the conference title.

Edited by temptation

22 hours ago, foxbat said:

Sounds like a good talking point until you realize that Purdue's state appropriations amounted to 14% of its FY2021 Operating Plan. 

And please tell us how much of Purdue's operating revenue comes from fees/tuition/etc.  paid from federal, aka taxpayer funded, student loans?

Edited by Muda69

23 hours ago, foxbat said:

The largest FOOTBALL class in Harrison history ... this was also mentioned in another post in the thread.  And this is BEFORE any impact of new housing areas.  It's not a question of getting new people into the school but making sure to convert/maintain numbers ALREADY IN YOUR HALLWAYS.

Have to get those OMG! Athletes playing soccer to strap on a football helmet.

1 minute ago, Muda69 said:

And please tell us how much of Purdue's operating revenue comes from fees/tuition/etc.  paid from federal, aka taxpayer funded, student loans?

And how many grocery store workers are funded by sales that come from individuals buying food with SNAP?  How many private apartment complexes get paid money from folks on Section 8?  How many convenience store employees are funded by folks spending their social security money on cigarettes and beer or even gas? 

As for your "please tell us," aren't you the one that often responds to similar posts with "do your own research?"

2 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Have to get those OMG! Athletes playing soccer to strap on a football helmet.

Already there.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, foxbat said:

And how many grocery store workers are funded by sales that come from individuals buying food with SNAP?  How many private apartment complexes get paid money from folks on Section 8?  How many convenience store employees are funded by folks spending their social security money on cigarettes and beer or even gas? 

Nice attempt at dodging, foxbat.  You listed a number of things, including your precious employer, that government should have no business funding.

And since you too lazy to defend your employer I found this on https://datalab.usaspending.gov/colleges-and-universities/#section-institutions

image.thumb.png.5ae686311b368de34c8e1a9e2859321f.png

1 hour ago, foxbat said:

Already there.

Why do you hate soccer and wish for Harrison's historically successful soccer program to go into decline?

• Kill me now 1

1 minute ago, Muda69 said:

Nice attempt at dodging, foxbat.  You listed a number of things, including your precious employer, that government should have no business funding.

And since you too lazy to defend your employer I found this on https://datalab.usaspending.gov/colleges-and-universities/#section-institutions

image.thumb.png.5ae686311b368de34c8e1a9e2859321f.png

What the government should be funding and how Harrison somehow or another benefits ... by some really long stretch of the imagine ... are two very completely different things that you have, as usual, managed to distort as somehow being responsible for Harrison's success.  So if this is actually true, then I'll again ask the question, "Why is it an issue right now?"  After all, Purdue was founded in 1869.  

BTW, you do realize that your student loan issue is about 7.5% of the total budget and also, the vast majority of students loans are just that, loans not gifts?  I'd venture a guess that between money spent in retail from social security or in housing from Section 8 or in pharmacies/hospitals from medicare/medicaid, and everything else that's out there in the economy it's all a wash as to which schools are being "funded by taxpayer money;" especially as any type of "significant" issue.  And frankly has nothing at all to do with how Jeff and Harrison compete on the football field.  But I'll take your word for it if you'd like to provide numbers showing the disparity between Harrison and Jeff directly attributable to the nefarious government-funding scheme going on and laundered through Purdue to its employees who are overwhelmingly using their ill-gotten gains to the direct detriment of Jeff.

34 minutes ago, foxbat said:

What the government should be funding and how Harrison somehow or another benefits ... by some really long stretch of the imagine ... are two very completely different things that you have, as usual, managed to distort as somehow being responsible for Harrison's success.  So if this is actually true, then I'll again ask the question, "Why is it an issue right now?"  After all, Purdue was founded in 1869.  

Because the thesis was brought up that socio-economic status is a primary driver of athletic success at the high school level. And with Harrison high school being located in West Lafayette one could make the obvious connection that a significant percentage of those resides within the Harrison government schools geographic area are employed by Purdue University and are therefore government employees.  

BTW, you do realize that your student loan issue is about 7.5% of the total budget and also, the vast majority of students loans are just that, loans not gifts

Not if Mr. Biden, who I assume you voted for,  gets his way.

I'd venture a guess that between money spent in retail from social security or in housing from Section 8 or in pharmacies/hospitals from medicare/medicaid, and everything else that's out there in the economy it's all a wash as to which schools are being "funded by taxpayer money;" especially as any type of "significant" issue.  

Nice to know you support an American economy pretty much propped up government entitlement spending.  That is a pyramid scheme that is doomed to fail.  And what will that future mean for our children and grandchildren?

But I'll take your word for it if you'd like to provide numbers showing the disparity between Harrison and Jeff directly attributable to the nefarious government-funding scheme going on and laundered through Purdue to its employees who are overwhelmingly using their ill-gotten gains to the direct detriment of Jeff.

Nice way to put it.  You are definitely smarter than I am foxbat.   

And sure, here are your numbers:

This: 61.7% versus 26.7%

• Sit and spin 1

3 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Because the thesis was brought up that socio-economic status is a primary driver of athletic success at the high school level.

And that's all it is. A thesis. 

Toys from Character. Mini Stretch Armstrong toy

Edited by gonzoron
  • Like 1
  • Disdain 1

2 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

And that's all it is. A thesis. 

And so far has yet to be a defended thesis, with regard to Jeff and Harrison.  Matter of fact, the numbers show just the opposite.  Jeff has the lead over Harrison in NCC football titles, W/L for nearly three decades, W/L for the last decade, W/L for the the last half decade, and for the last year especially vs. the SES spread IN A COVID year going 7-0 against teams with better SES. 

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

Why do you hate soccer and wish for Harrison's historically successful soccer program to go into decline?

Seriously?  That's what you got out of that? 

If I hate it so much, I'm not sure why my son was doing clinics with Coach Clouse or played the last two seasons as a striker and forward for a K-8 school.

47 minutes ago, foxbat said:

Seriously?  That's what you got out of that? 

If I hate it so much, I'm not sure why my son was doing clinics with Coach Clouse or played the last two seasons as a striker and forward for a K-8 school.

Ahh, so you hate Harrison soccer specifically yet have no scruples about gleaning knowledge from said school's soccer coach.

59 minutes ago, foxbat said:

And so far has yet to be a defended thesis, with regard to Jeff and Harrison.  Matter of fact, the numbers show just the opposite.  Jeff has the lead over Harrison in NCC football titles, W/L for nearly three decades, W/L for the last decade, W/L for the the last half decade, and for the last year especially vs. the SES spread IN A COVID year going 7-0 against teams with better SES. 

The title is "ABOUT" to overtake Jeff...once again it does not define a specific amount of time.  Why are you still focusing on the past?

8 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Ahh, so you hate Harrison soccer specifically yet have no scruples about gleaning knowledge from said school's soccer coach.

As much as you seem to think you know about Harrison, apparently you don't know jack.

Coach Clouse is Harrison's head soccer coach and has been for a while including Harrison's 2017 state title.  He also played his high school ball at Harrison too.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, foxbat said:

As much as you seem to think you know about Harrison, apparently you don't know jack.

Coach Clouse is Harrison's head soccer coach and has been for a while including Harrison's 2017 state title.  He also played his high school ball at Harrison too.

Wrong.  I know exactly who Mr. Clouse is.  So I still don't understand why you appear to support Harrison soccer yet advocate for those Raider soccer athletes to play tackle football instead.

13 minutes ago, temptation said:

The title is "ABOUT" to overtake Jeff...once again it does not define a specific amount of time.  Why are you still focusing on the past?

By all means, show me how the statement below, which uses current numbers, is talking about the future?

As for the past, I already said this, which is not the past but the current, just like your SES mic drop numbers ...

On 12/6/2020 at 11:00 AM, foxbat said:

I mean, if we want to focus on the current data that we have, then THIS SEASON ... the only COVID season in Indiana history ... Jeff beat West Lafayette, Harrison, Kokomo, McCutcheon, Logansport, Muncie Central, and Lake Central to make it a 7-for-7 sweep over schools with better R/FL ratios AND did it in a COVID year.  Their single loss of the season comes from Merrillville who has a F/RL ratio of 61.11 compared to Jeff's 61.44.  If you've got something else ON TOPIC regarding COVID and SES and Jeff and Harrison, definitely would love to see it.

2 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Wrong.  I know exactly who Mr. Clouse is.  So I still don't understand why you appear to support Harrison soccer yet advocate for those Raider soccer athletes to play tackle football instead.

Where have I stated instead?

Just now, Muda69 said:

image.thumb.png.c56806861aa1663893b18ef5887f3e84.png

Pretty good stretch. 

There's a minimum of one player of the freshman squad who plays both Harrison soccer and football and Coach Clouse suggested that my son also check out the football team too because of his size and his leg.  Not sure how you get hate when the school's soccer coach is working with his players to support other programs within the school. 

19 minutes ago, foxbat said:

By all means, show me how the statement below, which uses current numbers, is talking about the future?

As for the past, I already said this, which is not the past but the current, just like your SES mic drop numbers ...

A wise man once said... “You show me a school’s free and reduced lunch rate, I’ll show you their level of success and future in athletics.”

1 hour ago, foxbat said:

Pretty good stretch. 

There's a minimum of one player of the freshman squad who plays both Harrison soccer and football and Coach Clouse suggested that my son also check out the football team too because of his size and his leg.  Not sure how you get hate when the school's soccer coach is working with his players to support other programs within the school. 

No, it is not.

Sorry, place kickers and punters really don't count.  How many starting running backs and linebackers also played on the Harrison soccer team??

13 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

No, it is not.

Sorry, place kickers and punters really don't count.  How many starting running backs and linebackers also played on the Harrison soccer team??

How many starting running backs and linebackers have the physique of a soccer player? I'm guessing zero.

18 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

No, it is not.

Don't count in your mind.  I made a statement.  As typically tends to happen when you are ranting against the government and trying to make a point, you made an assumption that was incorrect.

5 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

How many starting running backs and linebackers have the physique of a soccer player? I'm guessing zero.

Actually, a couple of the coaches have asked my son about other positions that he plays given that he's currently about 180 lbs.  He's also interested in the linebackers since he's played that before.  He's played fullback before, but I'm not sure that he'll get big enough given the size of a couple of other kids that are there ... although he does have a low center of gravity and pretty quick feet from his soccer time.  He's starting a bit of weight training for baseball now, so I'll be interested in seeing how big he gets by summer.

14 minutes ago, foxbat said:

Actually, a couple of the coaches have asked my son about other positions that he plays given that he's currently about 180 lbs.  He's also interested in the linebackers since he's played that before.  He's played fullback before, but I'm not sure that he'll get big enough given the size of a couple of other kids that are there ... although he does have a low center of gravity and pretty quick feet from his soccer time.  He's starting a bit of weight training for baseball now, so I'll be interested in seeing how big he gets by summer.

That's awesome. Hamilton Heights does not have any athletes that play both soccer and football. I would think it's a rare occurrence at most schools, especially since "place kickers and punters really don't count".

Edited by gonzoron