Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Covenent Christian - Time for a Reality Check

Guest DT

3 hours ago, NE8Fan said:

I heard the CC rb was a Warren Central transfer.  SA also gets 6A trasfers all the time from Snider so it is very similar 🙂

You are still on this? Heck even the link you have given has 1 lone highlight play. Regardless he didn't transfer from Warren Central to Covenant Christian. He enrolled at CC after T.C. Howe closed their doors. 

Even if he did attend WC as a Frosh and Soph like you claim, what did it have to do with the CC vs SA game? Kids move and transfer EVERY year mostly at Public schools. So I am failing to see where it would be an issue?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, NE8Fan said:

I heard the CC rb was a Warren Central transfer.  SA also gets 6A trasfers all the time from Snider so it is very similar 🙂

Snider players are flocking to South Adams? You must be referring to an isolated incident. I'd have to question your "all the time" claim. South Adams is an hour drive from Snider in a tiny town of 4000 that is heavily populated by the Amish. Not real appealing to a Snider kid. The expectation at Snider is that the kids (64 D1 players over the years) will rumble with Carmel or Penn deep in the playoffs. Leaving that to pursue 1A football to knock heads with Adams Central and Churubusco just doesn't seem to add up. 

Edited by BTF
correction
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, BTF said:

Snider players are flocking to South Adams? You must be referring to an isolated incident. I'd have to question your "all the time" claim. South Adams is an hour drive from Snider in a tiny town of 4000 that is heavily populated by the Amish. Not real appealing to a Snider kid. The expectation at Snider is that the kids (64 D1 players over the years) will rumble with Carmel or Penn deep in the playoffs. Leaving that to pursue 1A football to knock heads with Adams Central and Churubusco just doesn't seem to add up. 

Dont take to sarcasm well I see?  Have you read this thread?  The entire point of the first post was why small private schools can get big move transfers while small publics can not.

1 hour ago, FastpacedO said:

You are still on this? Heck even the link you have given has 1 lone highlight play. Regardless he didn't transfer from Warren Central to Covenant Christian. He enrolled at CC after T.C. Howe closed their doors. 

Even if he did attend WC as a Frosh and Soph like you claim, what did it have to do with the CC vs SA game? Kids move and transfer EVERY year mostly at Public schools. So I am failing to see where it would be an issue?

Not sure why this gets you so fired up?  Just was making a statement that went along with this the topic of this thread.  I was asked to verify it so I did.  

1 hour ago, NE8Fan said:

Dont take to sarcasm well I see?  Have you read this thread?  The entire point of the first post was why small private schools can get big move transfers while small publics can not.

Lol, I see it now, thanks. 

Much respect for 1A football. South Adams, Adams Central, and Pioneer have built amazing programs. 

Edited by BTF
Additional wording

16 hours ago, NE8Fan said:

Not sure why this gets you so fired up?  Just was making a statement that went along with this the topic of this thread.  I was asked to verify it so I did.  

Not fired up what so ever and have no ties to Covenant Christian. I'm stating even if he was at WC as a freshman or soph what does it have to do with anything. He was at TC Howe and transfered to CC only after Howe closed its doors. I am asking you if he did (which it has been stated that he didn't) go to WC for 2 years what is your point? Does WC give their kids a special drink (ala Space Jam) and it makes them so much better? There are kids that transfer ALL the time (I'm sure South Adams isn't immune to transfer or move in kids). T.C. Howe closed completely for good, what is the issue if his parents chose CC afte Howe closed?

24 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

Not fired up what so ever and have no ties to Covenant Christian. I'm stating even if he was at WC as a freshman or soph what does it have to do with anything. He was at TC Howe and transfered to CC only after Howe closed its doors. I am asking you if he did (which it has been stated that he didn't) go to WC for 2 years what is your point? Does WC give their kids a special drink (ala Space Jam) and it makes them so much better? There are kids that transfer ALL the time (I'm sure South Adams isn't immune to transfer or move in kids). T.C. Howe closed completely for good, what is the issue if his parents chose CC afte Howe closed?

The issue as it pertains to the broad subject is that CC had an opportunity to get a kid of Wilson’s caliber at all due to being an Indy school and still compete at 1A. Yes, south adams has got some kids moved in over the years, but at best they are all ACAC or even honorable mention all state players coming from other small town communities. Wilson was one of the best running backs I’ve ever seen, and he was playing 1A. You have to be delusional to think private schools in metro areas have the same 1A limitations that the county 1A schools of Indiana have. And I am not saying CC recruits, they just happen to have a larger pool of potential players than an SA does, and still gets to be 1A. 

5 minutes ago, Thor77 said:

The issue as it pertains to the broad subject is that CC had an opportunity to get a kid of Wilson’s caliber at all due to being an Indy school and still compete at 1A. Yes, south adams has got some kids moved in over the years, but at best they are all ACAC or even honorable mention all state players coming from other small town communities. Wilson was one of the best running backs I’ve ever seen, and he was playing 1A. You have to be delusional to think private schools in metro areas have the same 1A limitations that the county 1A schools of Indiana have. And I am not saying CC recruits, they just happen to have a larger pool of potential players than an SA does, and still gets to be 1A. 

That is because classes in the IHSAA aren't determined on if a school is in a Urban or Metro area. It's determined by enrollment. Park Tudor (a private school) located in prime area in Indianapolis has the same pool of potential players and have won 5 games only 1 time in the last 15 years. most years a 2 win or 3 win season is the norm and there are several 1 win and even an 0 fer.

17 minutes ago, Thor77 said:

Wilson was one of the best running backs I’ve ever seen, and he was playing 1A. 

BTW the best 1A Running Back I have ever watched was Devin Moore (Ritter/Urban). Best running QB/DB was a tie between Nick Zachary (Sheridan/Rural) and Jack Kiser (Pioneer/Rural)

4 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

That is because classes in the IHSAA aren't determined on if a school is in a Urban or Metro area. It's determined by enrollment. Park Tudor (a private school) located in prime area in Indianapolis has the same pool of potential players and have won 5 games only 1 time in the last 15 years. most years a 2 win or 3 win season is the norm and there are several 1 win and even an 0 fer.

I don’t care about them, they don’t has as much invested in their football program. Stud athletes aren’t looking at Park Tudor for football. Giving examples of small private schools that don’t attempt to be great at football is a weak excuse for the CCs, Lutherans, and Luers of the world. Saying Park Tudor struggles doesn’t take away the fact of CCs advantage. And what difference does it mean to Park Tudor if they also go 2A? They’ll lose the same games there too. 

1 minute ago, FastpacedO said:

BTW the best 1A Running Back I have ever watched was Devin Moore (Ritter/Urban). Best running QB/DB was a tie between Nick Zachary (Sheridan/Rural) and Jack Kiser (Pioneer/Rural)

As far as shifty and speed, never seen that before in high school. I don’t have too much history watching a lot of IN high school football, but Wilson’s the best I’ve seen. Which is annoying, I’ve seen people post to “get better” when that’s something that absolutely cannot just get better at. Yes, I’m sure Wilson works hard, but a lot of that is God given ability that doesn’t pop up much out in the cornfields. 

2 minutes ago, Thor77 said:

I don’t care about them, they don’t has as much invested in their football program. Stud athletes aren’t looking at Park Tudor for football. Giving examples of small private schools that don’t attempt to be great at football is a weak excuse for the CCs, Lutherans, and Luers of the world. Saying Park Tudor struggles doesn’t take away the fact of CCs advantage. And what difference does it mean to Park Tudor if they also go 2A? They’ll lose the same games there too. 

On a side not Tony Dungy's son played football at Park Tudor. I know doesn't fit your agenda

2 minutes ago, Thor77 said:

As far as shifty and speed, never seen that before in high school. I don’t have too much history watching a lot of IN high school football, but Wilson’s the best I’ve seen. Which is annoying, I’ve seen people post to “get better” when that’s something that absolutely cannot just get better at. Yes, I’m sure Wilson works hard, but a lot of that is God given ability that doesn’t pop up much out in the cornfields. 

It popped up in the cornfield's of Sheridan with the Zachary family.

2 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

On a side not Tony Dungy's son played football at Park Tudor. I know doesn't fit your agenda

It popped up in the cornfield's of Sheridan with the Zachary family.

So you got one name popping up in a cornfield spanning 20+ years? Ok

8 minutes ago, Thor77 said:

Maybe South Adams should get their future running backs from the basketball team? Try that.

As I watched the CC-South Adams game, they mentioned multiple times that the CC head coach was an interim coach who started in the middle of the season.  But no mention, nor could I find on the web, what caused this coaching change after the season started.  Does anybody know?

Edited by gindie