Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Covenent Christian - Time for a Reality Check

Guest DT

22 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

First time I've ever seen T.C. Howe referred to as a mega school.

Kid left a mega school (Warren) to attend TC Howe after a certain basketball coach didn’t get the gig at Howe.

Keep up here champ.

Edited by temptation
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, foxbat said:

Then why try to knock it down or lessen it or cheapen it if it is so rare?  Folks seem really excited about playing "The Monsters Are On Maple Street." 

I believe that, in 1A, there are only three programs to have made four visits to state championships in a five-year period.

• Sheridan
  • LCC
  • Pioneer

If CC gets to that level, then by all means, let's hand out the pitchfork and torches, but until then how about we take a bit of a breather and realize just how rare the accomplishment is and how much it should be celebrated across the board.

OK  Sounds good

3 hours ago, foxbat said:

Then why try to knock it down or lessen it or cheapen it if it is so rare?  Folks seem really excited about playing "The Monsters Are On Maple Street." 

I believe that, in 1A, there are only three programs to have made four visits to state championships in a five-year period.

• Sheridan
  • LCC
  • Pioneer

If CC gets to that level, then by all means, let's hand out the pitchfork and torches, but until then how about we take a bit of a breather and realize just how rare the accomplishment is and how much it should be celebrated across the board.

Shout out to “The Twilight Zone” reference featuring the late great Claude Akins who grew up in Bedford.  Kudos my friend.

Quick anecdote...I was told many years ago that Akins used to oft return to Bedford to visit a beloved, aged teacher who was particularly influential in his early life until she finally passed.  The guy usually played decent “rough” blue collar guys which belied degree from Northwestern.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, BigBH said:

to clarify its not the name you just mentioned...bump up several spots...you might think a little more freaky on the athletic scale

Did you just state @Coach Nowlinisn't high on the athletic scale? 😆 I will have you know his 40 times when he sleeps at night break NFL records!! How dare you doubt this! Even Kenny Powers knows!!

make it rain money GIF

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, FastpacedO said:

Did you just state @Coach Nowlinisn't high on the athletic scale? 😆 I will have you know his 40 times when he sleeps at night break NFL records!! How dare you doubt this! Even Kenny Powers knows!!

make it rain money GIF

I'm sure he is speedster just nowhere close to Rensselaer GOAT

Although South Newton never went up against the Bombers on the football field (other than the jamborees and South Newton actually had decent teams), I always enjoyed playing the Bombers I other sports.  For me, it was swimming (which RCHS dominated) and golf (a little more level playing field).  In other sports, it was pretty even.  I may be off-topic, but really don’t care. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Donnie Baker said:

Just think how much content would be on this post it Dee Tees actually cared about small school football. I gotta go 

Sorry.  Just can't get excited about it.   

On 12/17/2020 at 8:39 PM, Gipper said:

Although South Newton never went up against the Bombers on the football field (other than the jamborees and South Newton actually had decent teams), I always enjoyed playing the Bombers I other sports.  For me, it was swimming (which RCHS dominated) and golf (a little more level playing field).  In other sports, it was pretty even.  I may be off-topic, but really don’t care. 

Sorry to correct you but South Newton did play against Rensselaer when they first consolidated.  I think the first game was 1967 or so.  Rensselaer was led by Danny Epler and was undefeated when they played South Newton who also was undefeated.  Rensselaer won the game big.  Danny split out his pants in the 3rd quarter and the team gathered around him on the sideline as he changed pants.  They played for several years after that.  I remember playing in 1970 against a very good South Newton team with Gene Miiller as QB for South Newton.  Game ended in a tie but Rensselaer was given the win because SN played an ineligible player.  The series ended shortly after that.

2 minutes ago, CoachSnyder said:

Sorry to correct you but South Newton did play against Rensselaer when they first consolidated.  I think the first game was 1967 or so.  Rensselaer was led by Danny Epler and was undefeated when they played South Newton who also was undefeated.  Rensselaer won the game big.  Danny split out his pants in the 3rd quarter and the team gathered around him on the sideline as he changed pants.  They played for several years after that.  I remember playing in 1970 against a very good South Newton team with Gene Miiller as QB for South Newton.  Game ended in a tie but Rensselaer was given the win because SN played an ineligible player.  The series ended shortly after that.

Thanks, a bit before my days of donning the Cardinal and Platinum.

2 hours ago, CoachSnyder said:

Gene Miller, as in the Washington boys basketball coach, Gene Miller?

• Like 1