Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Jayson West leaves Warren Central

1 minute ago, temptation said:

Kirschner leaves BD for Mount Vernon...

West leaves Warren for Franklin Central.

Its not that hard to figure out.

Maybe Kevin Wright comes back

5 minutes ago, temptation said:

Kirschner leaves BD for Mount Vernon...

West leaves Warren for Franklin Central.

Its not that hard to figure out.

It started with Center Grove...now spilling into Avon, Brownsburg, New Pal, Mt Vernon.

Everyone wants that suburbia life. No one is willing to roll up their sleeves in the inner city big schools- minus O’Shea is it?? 

4 minutes ago, jets said:

It started with Center Grove...now spilling into Avon, Brownsburg, New Pal, Mt Vernon.

Everyone wants that suburbia life. No one is willing to roll up their sleeves in the inner city big schools- minus O’Shea is it?? 

I don’t know.  Everyone on here told me for months that BD and WC were destination jobs and that the suggestion that they were a shell of their former selves was overstated.

What is the coaching salary at a Mt. Vernon or New Pal like compared to Warren or BD?   The formula for how teacher raises are tied to student enrolled is probably more important.  If you're a teacher and not at the top of the pay scale, the only place to be is in a growing school district.

How some of these young teacher coaches keep making it work at schools where enrollment is stagnant or heading in the wrong direction beats me.   Imagine being hired in at $34K then being told that the only way to increase your salary is if enrollment increases and "New Funds" become available.  

Edited by Wedgebuster
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, temptation said:

I don’t know.  Everyone on here told me for months that BD and WC were destination jobs and that the suggestion that they were a shell of their former selves was overstated.

I’d still think that many coaches view WC as a destination job and that many will be chomping at the bit to apply for it. 

This is a systemic and generational problem. When you're new, You're fresh and appealing. When you've been there a few years, you're old and uninspiring. Today's players and parents are Coach Killers. This is the new norm. When you have the selfishness of travel sports culture infecting all youth sports this is what you get. Add in a challenging clientele that a big school brings. Forget about it. Smart move by Coach West. Regardless of how they finish, he'll be happier.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, scarab527 said:

I’d still think that many coaches view WC as a destination job and that many will be chomping at the bit to apply for it. 

Depends on prior experiences and where you are at in your career in my opinion.

7 minutes ago, StatQueen said:

This is a systemic and generational problem. When you're new, You're fresh and appealing. When you've been there a few years, you're old and uninspiring. Today's players and parents are Coach Killers. This is the new norm. When you have the selfishness of travel sports culture infecting all youth sports this is what you get. Add in a challenging clientele that a big school brings. Forget about it. Smart move by Coach West. Regardless of how they finish, he'll be happier.

True but a lot of assuming on your part here.  You seem to have insight.

Mike Kirschner left with no immediate intention of going anywhere else. Mount Vernon came after him.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/2020/12/07/ihsaa-football-warren-central-coach-jayson-west-leaves-franklin-central-indiana/6481998002/

Kyle Neddenriep's story. I respect Jayson West a lot. He is a good man, and I hope he does well at FC. He's done a good job at Warren Central.

Edited by BDGiant93
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Obvious coaches for WC job:

1) Kyle Ralph - You all know why.  BUT, I think now is a great time for Ralph to move on.  I'm sure he could bring most of his assistants with him as well since both schools are close geographically...

2) Mike Kirschner - WC alum and maybe he misses the "grind"

Not so obvious:

3) Justin Pelley (Webo) - he can clearly coach ball with 3 state championships.  Does he want a taste of the MIC

4) Darrin Fisher (Whiteland) - he could really run his offense at a place like WC

5) Nick Hart (Gibson Southern) - 9th year at GS and seems like a guy WC could have for 10+ years

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BDGiant93 said:

Mike Kirschner left with no immediate intention of going anywhere else. Mount Vernon came after him.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/2020/12/07/ihsaa-football-warren-central-coach-jayson-west-leaves-franklin-central-indiana/6481998002/

Kyle Neddenriep's story. I respect Jayson West a lot. He is a good man, and I hope he does well at FC. He's done a good job at Warren Central.

I echo this!!  

I am sure Warran will attract a tremendous application pool to choose from.   

Coaches make decisions on variety of reasons, none of around these parts would have a clue to those reasons, just saying. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Knightmare said:

Obvious coaches for WC job:

1) Kyle Ralph - You all know why.  BUT, I think now is a great time for Ralph to move on.  I'm sure he could bring most of his assistants with him as well since both schools are close geographically...

2) Mike Kirschner - WC alum and maybe he misses the "grind"

Not so obvious:

3) Justin Pelley (Webo) - he can clearly coach ball with 3 state championships.  Does he want a taste of the MIC

4) Darrin Fisher (Whiteland) - he could really run his offense at a place like WC

5) Nick Hart (Gibson Southern) - 9th year at GS and seems like a guy WC could have for 10+ years

None of the above in my opinion.  @Coach Nowlin, may I give my prediction?

We draw the line of "I heard Vince Lombardi was at Warren talking to so and so."   " I was told by .... that ..... "  and also. " I know what is going to happen, but Im not ggoing to say anything yet... but I know I know'.   

IMO:  If you want to state why you think Vince Lombardi would leave Green Bay for Warren, have at it.....  In all my time here, those who speculate on that sort of thing are usually incredibly way off.    

I/WE will always protect the process for the hiring school and coaches and their families involved.