Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

IFCA JR and SR ALL STATE ALL CLASSES

So proud of Wade Hardebeck from LCC making this list!  When I coached him as a youth player he was a big kid that was just trying to figure it all out.  He struggled with stances and getting out of a stance, shedding blocks on defense, and even balance and controlling his frame.  Easily became winded in sprints.  But he stuck with it and as he moved up through the youth program, you could see him absorbing the knowledge and getting better.  Started working on technique in junior high and early high school and finally put it all together.  He could have easily given up, but he loved the game and stuck with it.  So very happy for him to earn this honor! 

3 minutes ago, Julio said:

How were these individuals selected?

Ratings board per class, I believe thre was a lengthy IFCA Zoom meeting with all members of the Ratings board, then breakout sessions per classification.   Same way its done every year, minus in person this time.  

Very proud of our 3 Seniors (Holden Bowsman, Jacob Strange & Bryce Brown) who made the 1A team.  All 3 of these guys closed out an amazing high school career including going 23-3 these past two seasons including back to back Final Fours.  They definitely played well and lead our team with their play and effort. Here are links of some short highlights from our virtual banquet of each if you want to see what I'm talking about just tremendous players.

Holden Bowsman #2 

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/9560646/5fbc274b386dd7107cd432e8

Jacob Strange #32

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/9560701/5fbc2c19da50b1081884e926

Bryce Brown #63

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/9560748/5fc5422a4210270f6c9b1efd

• Like 3

Indiana Football Coaches Association
Class 3A
Senior All-State Team 2020
Offense

Pos. First Name Last Name School Gr. Ht. Wt.
OL Trace Walter Mishawaka Marian 12 6-5 250
OL Mitchell Menting Mishawaka Marian 12 6-2 185
OL Yvens Reisacher Jimtown 12 6-0 250
OL Jack Woodcock Indianapolis Chatard 12 6-2 268
OL Aaron Roberts Indianapolis Ritter 12 6-4 295
OL Gabe Pirtle Sullivan 12 6-4 220
OL Ethan Parris Lawrenceburg 12 6-1 270
OL Braden Tucker Gibson Southern 12 6-5 310
TE Brayden York Lawrenceburg 12 6-4 285
TE Timmy Godsil Indianapolis Ritter 12 6-1 195
WR Kam Johnson Fort Wayne Concordia 12 6-1 180
WR Thomas Coleman Indianapolis Chatard 12 6-3 180
WR Luke Wooten Danville 12 5-10 185
WR Reese McCoskey Salem 12 6-1 185
QB Maddix Bogunia-Bright Mishawaka Marian 12 6-2 175
QB Chase Taylor Southridge 12 6-2 214
RB Matthew Coons Indianapolis Chatard 12 6-0 190
RB Matt Springer Southridge 12 6-1 184
RB Aaron Nevil North Harrison 12 5-8 230
RB Ayden Hernandez River Forest 12 6-0 195
K Zachery Johnson Peru 12 5-10 165
Defense
DL Logan Nahrwold Fort Wayne Concordia 12 6-2 255
DL Tristen Hayes Oak Hill 12 6-5 230
DL Jake Comer Danville 12 6-0 200
DL Antwann Dix Indianapolis Ritter 12 6-1 195
DL Brach Carrington Greencastle 12 6-3 200
DL Blake Ritzert Mt. Vernon 12 6-1 215
LB Mark Flores Calumet 12 5-11 210
LB Ethan Dutra Danville 12 5-10 220
LB Joel Rinkenberger Norwell 12 6-1 203
LB Cooper Harris Fort Wayne Concordia 12 5-11 205
LB Lucas Hines Brownstown Central 12 6-2 201
LB Parker Kippenbrock Southridge 12 6-1 182
DB Eli Riley Norwell 12 5-11 155
DB Brayden Payne Fort Wayne Concordia 12 6-0 170
DB Brady Kinnett Indianapolis Chatard 12 5-9 180
DB Danny Rhoad Guerin Catholic 12 5-11 173
DB Grant Bell Sullivan 12 5-10 180
DB Camden Gasser Southridge 12 5-10 159
PTR Blaze Cano Hanover Central 12 5-9 170

Indiana Football Coaches Association
Class 3A
Junior All-State Team 2020
Offense
Defense
OL Ryan Hildeman Hanover Central 10 6-2 285
OL Wade Melanson Tippecanoe Valley 11 6-2 364
OL Zach Christianson Norwell 11 5-10 260
OL Ashton Craig Lawrenceburg 11 6-5 265
OL Kijaunta Goodwin Charlestown 11 6-8 305
TE Tyler Dostin Danville 11 6-4 225
WR Dahya Patel Lawrenceburg 11 6-1 185
WR Rory Heltsley Gibson Southern 11 6-3 185
QB Kale Payne Danville 11 6-3 190
QB Carter St John Indianapolis Chatard 11 5’-11 178
RB Jamasyn Virgil Tippecanoe Valley 11 6-1 170
RB Garrett Yoon Lawrenceburg 11 5-1 185
K Cooper Wolka Brownstown Central 11 6-1 215
DL Dennis Hurn River Forest 11 6-0 263
DL Brody Bolyn Norwell 10 6-3 250
DL Jayden Childers Indianapolis Brebeuf 11 6-2 225
DL Mariere Omomode West Lafayette 11 6-1 248
LB Setefano Sete Mishawaka Marian 11 5-11 230
LB Jeremiah Jackson Indianapolis Brebeuf 11 5-11 181
LB J.T. Downey West Lafayette 11 6-3 190
LB Jacob Taylor John Glen 11 6-3 201
DB Gannan Howes Hanover Central 10 5-9 175
DB Greg Atkinson Jr. Mishawaka Marian 11 5-11 155
DB Johntu Reed Jimtown 11 6-2 205
DB Cannon Melchi West Lafayette 11 6-0 164

13 minutes ago, Thor77 said:

There is not near enough members from the 1A title game. I can be a homer and say not enough Starfires on here, but how does Trey Flatt or Michah Wilson for CC not make it? They were some of the best 1A players I have ever seen. 

Those are some head scratchers.   Almost like they based it more on regular season.

4A would seem to favor this assumption

Top50 + Senior and Junior All State totals:

Mt Vernon - 5

Mooresville - 5

Hobart - 4 (Included in the 4 is a position award winner)

Lebanon - 3

Western - 4

Roncalli - 4 (Beat each of the first four by 3+ touchdowns in playoffs and would have done the same to Western)

EC may have the biggest beef with only 3.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Ratings board per class, I believe thre was a lengthy IFCA Zoom meeting with all members of the Ratings board, then breakout sessions per classification.   Same way its done every year, minus in person this time.  

And no beer?

• Like 1

A note for those who don't know. Coaches have limited number of athletes they can nominate for all-state. It can be very difficult to narrow the list down. If your favorite player didn't make the team it can be for a number of reasons that range from being nominated in a LOADED position category, to being on a team with 4-5 other tremendous athletes. It's a difficult thing to do, and the meetings last hours. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Julio said:

So were coaches asked for nominations?   I don’t remember the IFCA asking  for nominations from coaches.

There is a deadline to nominate every year, generally around the Regional games. If you are a member of the IFCA you get frequent emails and communication detailing all of that and everything else that goes on

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Julio said:

Negative Ghostrider.  If he would have received an e-mail from the IFCA, he would have forwarded it to me.

Spam folder?

I have "no dog in this fight", but @Coach Nowlin and I have discussed this before, when we have exchanged e-mails from our school issued email addresses.  On my end, there are times that his e-mails come right through and there are times where it is in my spam folder and I do not see it for a few hours/days/if at all.

I know this will come off as unpopular, but here I go.... Do players for successful programs get penalized(not recognized) because of the overall success of their team? Center Grove's defense was outstanding. I believe they should have more players honored. Since you have the likes of curry, Booker, Schott, etc. already on team, should that limit other players? I watched the Chatard - Danville game. 2 very good teams, but way clearly one more dominate. Chatard's defense was lights out. Yet, only 1 defensive player on the any list. Danville actually had as many all state selections as Chatard. Is that possible? Roncalli beat Mount Vernon and Mooresville so bad that you could take an all star team and they would still lose to Roncalli. Yet, Mount Vernon and Mooresville each had 5 selections to Roncalli's 4. Cathedral dominated 5A and had 7 selections. I would say the weakest opponents they faced this year were Whiteland and Decatur Central. DC never stopped the Irish losing 42-7 yet had 5 defensive players. Whiteland got tourched in the trenches. They had 42 yards of total offense b4 Cathedral put in JV. But, Whiteland had 4 OL/DL/TE selections to Cathedral 2. If you were to tell me Danville has 5 all state players, I would assume Chatard to have 10. MV and Mooresville have 5 each, then Roncalli would have 10. If DC and Whiteland have 6 each, Cathedral could possibly have as many as 15. So I ask, do players on successful teams get penalized for being too good?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FootballQB1 said:

I know this will come off as unpopular, but here I go.... Do players for successful programs get penalized(not recognized) because of the overall success of their team? Center Grove's defense was outstanding. I believe they should have more players honored. Since you have the likes of curry, Booker, Schott, etc. already on team, should that limit other players? I watched the Chatard - Danville game. 2 very good teams, but way clearly one more dominate. Chatard's defense was lights out. Yet, only 1 defensive player on the any list. Danville actually had as many all state selections as Chatard. Is that possible? Roncalli beat Mount Vernon and Mooresville so bad that you could take an all star team and they would still lose to Roncalli. Yet, Mount Vernon and Mooresville each had 5 selections to Roncalli's 4. Cathedral dominated 5A and had 7 selections. I would say the weakest opponents they faced this year were Whiteland and Decatur Central. DC never stopped the Irish losing 42-7 yet had 5 defensive players. Whiteland got tourched in the trenches. They had 42 yards of total offense b4 Cathedral put in JV. But, Whiteland had 4 OL/DL/TE selections to Cathedral 2. If you were to tell me Danville has 5 all state players, I would assume Chatard to have 10. MV and Mooresville have 5 each, then Roncalli would have 10. If DC and Whiteland have 6 each, Cathedral could possibly have as many as 15. So I ask, do players on successful teams get penalized for being too good?

I think someone earlier in thread mentioned the nominations had to be submitted by regionals.  

I think this kind of implies that maybe instead of being penalized, they were not “helped” by getting to or wining the finals.  

10 hours ago, FootballQB1 said:

Football is a team game. While you're probably right in that Chatard should've had more defensive selections, I have also read on several Chatard game threads about this Trojans squad having few stars, but find success in the collective perhaps more so than the individual (as in years past).

On 12/8/2020 at 10:20 AM, Coach Nowlin said:

I think I just found your Zoom session Coach Nowlin!!

Top 30 Zoom Meeting GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

All in fun my man! Have a good laugh and great day!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, FootballQB1 said:

See @CoachVeatch above .    Not sure if you are saying that nominations should not be capped or not in your post.   But there is limits to how many players from each team can be nominated 

2 hours ago, FastpacedO said:

I think I just found your Zoom session Coach Nowlin!!

Top 30 Zoom Meeting GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

All in fun my man! Have a good laugh and great day!

LOVE THIS 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, FootballQB1 said:

Couldn't agree more, and I get it with the noms - I think 3A teams in the finals get 5 noms.  Chatard's defense was # 2 in points allowed in 3A (.04 pts behind Norwell), and against the schedule they played, I'd say #1.  They should have had at least one more from their defense, but to be fair Matt Coons played safety and was more impactful on the defensive side of the ball as he was on offense.

Football is a team sport (or one could even say it is a community sport).  Chatard could easily have had 2 or 3 fewer players recognized this year than it did.  The difference with Chatard is that there is a good (not necessarily great) player at every single position and 2 or 3 deep on the depth chart at every single position.  These recognitions are nice to have, but, give me the 10th best player in the class at every position and my team would win every game by 50.