Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Michigan/ Ohio st. Game

southend

Not sure it matters if OSU wins the B10 or not. OSU is getting into the CFB as long as they have a zero in the loss column. One could argue that Iowa is a better game right now than Northwestern. Why not just let IU/NW play in the B10 championship based on the rules agreed to in the beginning of the year? 

And while we’re on the talk of the CFB, what is the love for the Big 12? Iowa State at 7 with two losses is laughable. CFB head of committed cited IU’s lack of wins against the top 25 as a reason for no movement? Dude, they’ve knocked 3 teams out of the top 25 this year. Alabama and....IU are the only two teams college football this year to beat at least 3 teams in the top 25. Selection committee is keeping Oklahoma alive in the event Clemson loses to ND. 

11 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Not sure it matters if OSU wins the B10 or not. OSU is getting into the CFB as long as they have a zero in the loss column. One could argue that Iowa is a better game right now than Northwestern. Why not just let IU/NW play in the B10 championship based on the rules agreed to in the beginning of the year? 

And while we’re on the talk of the CFB, what is the love for the Big 12? Iowa State at 7 with two losses is laughable. CFB head of committed cited IU’s lack of wins against the top 25 as a reason for no movement? Dude, they’ve knocked 3 teams out of the top 25 this year. Alabama and....IU are the only two teams college football this year to beat at least 3 teams in the top 25. Selection committee is keeping Oklahoma alive in the event Clemson loses to ND. 

LOL @ counting wins over PSU and Michigan as top 25 wins.  Well done.

27 minutes ago, temptation said:

LOL @ counting wins over PSU and Michigan as top 25 wins.  Well done.

What’s the justification for Georgia being 9? They beat two top 25 teams (who aren’t currently ranked) and have been blown out against any real competition. Usually when you beat a top 25 team, they drop. I don’t get how Northwestern beats Wisconsin and jumps 11 spots and then IU beats Wisconsin at Wisconsin with a backup a QB and doesn’t move an inch while Wisconsin drops completely out? There’s no rhyme or reason to any of their justifications.

Edited by Footballking16

6 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

What’s the justification for Georgia being 9? They beat two top 25 teams (who aren’t currently ranked) and have been blown out against any real competition. Usually when you beat a top 25 team, they drop. I don’t get how Northwestern beats Wisconsin and jumps 11 spots and then IU beats Wisconsin at Wisconsin with a backup a QB and doesn’t move an inch while Wisconsin drops completely out? There’s no rhyme or reason to any of their justifications.

I used to get outraged about this stuff too until I realized its all about name recognition and prestige.

View it as you would professional wrestling.  You’ll be much happier.

2 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

Iowa State?

Does anything beyond FOUR really matter?  5-10th is all the same.

It'll be Bama (regardless of what happens in the SEC title game).

It'll be the winner of Clemson/Notre Dame.

It'll be Ohio State.

It'll be either Florida (if they upset Bama in the SEC title game) or Texas A&M (if Bama beats Florida).

Yawn...

10 minutes ago, temptation said:

It'll be Ohio State.

It'll be either Florida (if they upset Bama in the SEC title game) or Texas A&M (if Bama beats Florida).

Yawn...

For a program like Indiana? Absolutely. A top 10 ranking gets IU a NY6 Bowl and would be monumental for the program going forward. I'm not arguing nor think IU deserves to be in discussion for the actual 4 team playoff, but they are getting absolutely shafted right now. Beating Wisconsin on the road and not moving up a spot is ridiculous. 

9 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

For a program like Indiana? Absolutely. A top 10 ranking gets IU a NY6 Bowl and would be monumental for the program going forward. I'm not arguing nor think IU deserves to be in discussion for the actual 4 team playoff, but they are getting absolutely shafted right now. Beating Wisconsin on the road and not moving up a spot is ridiculous. 

I mean it was a good win and you are not going to want to hear this, but have the Hoosiers actually beaten anyone GOOD?

17 minutes ago, temptation said:

Nope, but refer to my earlier point.  This thing is a popularity contest.  Does anyone at Georgia or Miami know that Indiana HAS a football team?

If its a popularity contest, why is a 2 loss Iowa State ranked 7th? If that was the case, they wouldn't be ranked in the top 20, let alone 7th.

If its a popularity contest, an undefeated Cincinnati team would be ranked somewhere around 15th just like every other G5 in years past.

If its a popularity contest, they somehow would have found a way to put a 4-0 USC team, starving for needed national attention, in the top 8.

1 hour ago, temptation said:

It'll be Ohio State.

Yawn...

As an ND fan, who was ecstatic with their win over an under manned Clemson squad, I do not see ND doing well should they make the "Final 4".  I still think the 2 best teams are Alabama (by far) and then Clemson.

I am interested in the outcome of the ND/Clemson ACC Title Game.  I am going to say Clemson by 10-14.  Just do not see Ian Book continuing what he has been doing, especially against an amped up Clemson D (presuming everyone is healthy).

ND could still have a GREAT year if they lose to Clemson in the ACC Title Game and win their major Bowl game.

But, since they need 4 teams for the CFP, I agree with @temptation 

"It'll be Bama (regardless of what happens in the SEC title game).

It'll be Ohio State.

It'll be either Florida (if they upset Bama in the SEC title game) or Texas A&M (if Bama beats Florida)."

56 minutes ago, DE said:

LOL.  All scummy and filthy

I get it, I totally do.  I would have more sympathy had they missed three games due to other teams' doing, but one of them was due to their inability to stay healthy.  

Notice, they were also the only team that had an "outbreak" that only missed one game.  They KNEW they needed to play at MSU last week and did so despite missing TWENTY-THREE guys.

It was settled on the field and they beat Indiana, but this spits in the face of even having rules to begin with.

The conference messed up by starting late and then doubled down by having ZERO bye weeks in anticipation this could happen.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, temptation said:

I get it, I totally do.  I would have more sympathy had they missed three games due to other teams' doing, but one of them was due to their inability to stay healthy.  

Notice, they were also the only team that had an "outbreak" that only missed one game.  They KNEW they needed to play at MSU last week and did so despite missing TWENTY-THREE guys.

It was settled on the field and they beat Indiana, but this spits in the face of even having rules to begin with.

The conference messed up by starting late and then doubled down by having ZERO bye weeks in anticipation this could happen.

And maybe people will FINALLY wake up.