Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

South Warren Spartans.  (the) Newest school built in the Warren County School System - Bowling Green, KY, less than 5 years ago.  They have risen to the top of Warren County sports in rapid time.  The

Angola and Concordia to the NE8

The Homophone Bowl. 

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

Cathedral 2021 Schedule

at Westfield 
at Brownsburg 
Penn
Chatard
at St Xavier 
at LaSalle
Elder
at Brebeuf 
Center Grove

Toughest schedule in the state?  Yep.

Toughest schedule in the Midwest?  Probably.

Toughest schedule (for a real school) in the county?  Possibly.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

Cathedral 2021 Schedule

at Westfield 
at Brownsburg 
Penn
Chatard
at St Xavier 
at LaSalle
Elder
at Brebeuf 
Center Grove

No Carmel?

Also, I miss the old days of Cathedral vs Warren. Always exciting matchups. I really wish we could all see some of those games instead of the Cincy area teams. Not that those are not great matchups. I just prefer seeing the Indiana teams battle it out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Indiana Fan said:

No Carmel?

Also, I miss the old days of Cathedral vs Warren. Always exciting matchups. I really wish we could all see some of those games instead of the Cincy area teams. Not that those are not great matchups. I just prefer seeing the Indiana teams battle it out.

Really limited on when MIC schools can be schedules with any team. Mic teams are usually only available to schedule non-conference weeks 1, 2, and 9. The Cincinnati schools Cathedral plays happen 4, 6, and 7 which is when most teams are playing their conference schedule.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Indiana Fan said:

No Carmel?

Also, I miss the old days of Cathedral vs Warren. Always exciting matchups. I really wish we could all see some of those games instead of the Cincy area teams. Not that those are not great matchups. I just prefer seeing the Indiana teams battle it out.

Too bad the Westfield and Center Grove game can't be switched.  Would be great way to open up the season with the two top teams in the state in 2020 (and nationally ranked) and most likely top fav in 2021.

Carmel and Irish once had a pretty consistent schedule of playing each other...not sure how/why that went away.  I do know always playing the GLC has been a prority.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Dave007 said:

Too bad the Westfield and Center Grove game can't be switched.  Would be great way to open up the season with the two top teams in the state in 2020 (and nationally ranked) and most likely top fav in 2021.

Carmel and Irish once had a pretty consistent schedule of playing each other...not sure how/why that went away.  I do know always playing the GLC has been a prority.

The event Kirk Herbstreit organized about a decade ago sought to showcase Ohio HS football to the nation. Perhaps it's time for the Colts, Jack Doyle, or some other entity to entertain a two-day event at Lucas Oil, inviting some of the aforementioned teams from Ohio, Louisville, and even Illinois. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

The event Kirk Herbstreit organized about a decade ago sought to showcase Ohio HS football to the nation. Perhaps it's time for the Colts, Jack Doyle, or some other entity to entertain a two-day event at Lucas Oil, inviting some of the aforementioned teams from Ohio, Louisville, and even Illinois. 

I would enjoy that. Play 2 games on Friday night and 3 or 4 on Saturday. I would like to see mainly Indiana schools though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

The event Kirk Herbstreit organized about a decade ago sought to showcase Ohio HS football to the nation. Perhaps it's time for the Colts, Jack Doyle, or some other entity to entertain a two-day event at Lucas Oil, inviting some of the aforementioned teams from Ohio, Louisville, and even Illinois. 

Wasn’t there an event at LOS within the last 5-10 years when Pickerington Central and another nationally known team from either St. Louis or the KC area came in an played against an Indiana team?  I thought there were 4 games with 2 of those games featuring those teams above.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/9/2020 at 8:19 AM, Indiana Fan said:

No Carmel?

Also, I miss the old days of Cathedral vs Warren. Always exciting matchups. I really wish we could all see some of those games instead of the Cincy area teams. Not that those are not great matchups. I just prefer seeing the Indiana teams battle it out.

I NEVER thought I would see the day when the "breather/exhale" game was against Penn.  That might be the easiest game on Cathedral's schedule next year...

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Lysander said:

Wasn’t there an event at LOS within the last 5-10 years when Pickerington Central and another nationally known team from either St. Louis or the KC area came in an played against an Indiana team?  I thought there were 4 games with 2 of those games featuring those teams above.

I think Pickerington played Plainfield back about a decade ago, but I don't think it was at LOS.  I thought it was at a neutral site ... I don't think it was at Plainfield.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, foxbat said:

I think Pickerington played Plainfield back about a decade ago, but I don't think it was at LOS.  I thought it was at a neutral site ... I don't think it was at Plainfield.

It was part of the Warren Central Classic.  Same day Ted Ginn Sr brought Cardale Jones and the Tarblooders to play Warren.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, temptation said:

It was part of the Warren Central Classic.  Same day Ted Ginn Sr brought Cardale Jones and the Tarblooders to play Warren.

How many years ago was that?  The more I think about it the more I think it was 2010 or earlier.

I do remember that Plainfield, a bit surprisingly, was part of it.

Edited by Lysander
Link to post
Share on other sites

That Warren Central Classic went for a few years.  I recall Evansville Reitz playing Birmingham Rice out of Michigan and Warren Central beat East St. Louis 70-50.  It would be pretty interesting to see something like this again.

Edited by CheapSeats
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/8/2020 at 3:46 PM, temptation said:

Toughest schedule in the state?  Yep.

Toughest schedule in the Midwest?  Probably.

Toughest schedule (for a real school) in the county?  Possibly.

Hi I live in hammond and hammond morton has posted their 2021 football schedule 

Week 1 Portage 

Week 2 lake central  

Week 3 Elkhart

Week 4 munster 

Week 5 Gary westside 

Week 6 at indy cathedral

Week 7hammond high central 

Week 8 east chciago central

Week 9 open 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/11/2020 at 2:13 PM, CheapSeats said:

That Warren Central Classic went for a few years.  I recall Evansville Reitz playing Birmingham Rice out of Michigan and Warren Central beat East St. Louis 70-50.  It would be pretty interesting to see something like this again.

It was Brother Rice. Warre played East St. Louis, Maine South, Cleveland Glenville in the 3 Warren Central Classics. I was there for every game the first year and got so sunburned on my shoulders that they blistered up. 

 

I think an event at LOS would be awsome idea. Maybe the IHSAA could give a team or 2 a waiver to play school outside the travel restrictions. They did it for LN when Conley and Oden were playing. But then again its not basketball so prob would not happen. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Then again, why go out of state?    


Just play an opponent from a different area:

 

Center Grove-Elkhart 

Evansville Memorial—Bishop Dwenger

Linton-Pioneer

South Newton-Indiana School for the Deaf

Edited by Gipper
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...