Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Young Coaches on the Rise

Hope this isn't against any guidelines...

Anyone know of any young coaches on the rise?  Potential HC candidates in a few years?  Maybe not young but not widely known?

Love hearing about people that do a great job, but aren't credited with Wins and Losses just yet

Chatard has some great young coaches:  

Eric Quintana, associate head coach and OL coach.  Would not be surprised to see him get a HC job somewhere soon, although I selfishly hope he stays at Chatard until Coach Doyle hangs up the whistle.

Kyle Dietrick, defensive coordinator.  He's done an amazing job with their defense over the last few years.  I know from talking with current parents that the kids would run through a brick wall for him.

Gosh, I'm getting old being in the same class as him, but Nick Hart at Gibson Southern -- especially interesting given his father's coaching path and the rumors that he has turned away several coaching jobs in Evansville. Perhaps the only one he would leave for in the Evansville area is Mater Dei once Coach Goebel steps down (pure speculation).

Evansville North is in much better hands now with Coach Paridaen, as is Luke Messmer at Mount Vernon (Posey) -- all three my contemporaries graduating around 2004.

Mac Webb had an outstanding year at Tell City and still being in his 20s has plenty of time to determine if he'll stay committed to the Marksmen for a long time or wants a challenge elsewhere.

7 hours ago, SportsParentalFigure said:

Cody French Elkhart's DC has had top 5 defenses the last 2 years. He has been with Coach Shattuck from the time he took over in Elkhart and helped rebuild the program.

Goes back to High School days,  I believe Coach Shattuck was Coach French's H.S. coach, then he wound up playing D2 ball at SJC and Coach Shattuck wound up at Seymour where Coach French went to teach and coach out of college, then went back up north to Eklhart with as well.   A great story and yes, a future HEAD COACH for sure in Coach French 

• Like 1