Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Defensive Coordinator opening- North Vermillion

North Vermillion High School is looking to hire a Defensive Coordinator. We are a small 1-A football program located on the Indiana-Illinois border, about 10 miles south of Interstate 74. We have an immediate teaching opening in Math. Potential teaching openings in other subjects could come later. We graduated 2 defensive starters from 2020. If you like working with tough, hard-nosed kids, this is a good opportunity.

Contact Brian Crabtree by email:

bcrabtree@nvc.k12.in.us or

crabtreebm@gmail.com

21 hours ago, CheapSeats said:

I am not sure who is the D Coordinator at Parke Heritage, but they should be looking for a D Coordinator too.  Offense is elite in 1A, defense has cost them at least 2 WRC titles and 2 Sectionals.

I don’t think this is what Woody was after, I swear to God I don’t. But since you opened the door I’ll say this right to your face. If you’re a Hall of Fame coach you shouldn’t suck on defense no matter who the DC is. STATE LAW!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Donnie Baker said:

I don’t think this is what Woody was after, I swear to God I don’t. But since you opened the door I’ll say this right to your face. If you’re a Hall of Fame coach you shouldn’t suck on defense no matter who the DC is. STATE LAW!

Agreed.  HOF coaches cover all the bases, I gotta go...

22 hours ago, CheapSeats said:

I am not sure who is the D Coordinator at Parke Heritage, but they should be looking for a D Coordinator too.  Offense is elite in 1A, defense has cost them at least 2 WRC titles and 2 Sectionals.

I think the DC is a tough position at all levels.  

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Dolts said:

Is D Coordinator the hardest position coach to hire?  At least in small school football?

It can be hard to hire coach/teachers at a school with an enrollment of 240 period. We have a great situation at North Vermillion though in that regard. Very supportive administration. Having coaches in the building has been a big part of sustaining our success.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Donnie Baker said:

I’m not in any hall of fame, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express one time. Had to fire the guy running the defense last year. He got his @ss kicked lol

• Haha 4

On 12/12/2020 at 12:48 PM, Woody_Hayes said:

It can be hard to hire coach/teachers at a school with an enrollment of 240 period. We have a great situation at North Vermillion though in that regard. Very supportive administration. Having coaches in the building has been a big part of sustaining our success.

Interesting.  I was just assuming a lot of guys want to be responsible for scoring points as opposed to keeping them off the board.  

How many coaches on staff are also teachers?

What's a common number?

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/15/2020 at 12:53 PM, Coach Nowlin said:

Posted on IFCA job board 

Thanks Coach!

On 12/12/2020 at 3:29 PM, Donnie Baker said:

My response was for cheap seats. Had any good pizza lately?

My current favorite remains Greeks. We’ve made some trips to Crawfordsville since they opened there. How about you?

On 12/14/2020 at 9:38 AM, Dolts said:

Interesting.  I was just assuming a lot of guys want to be responsible for scoring points as opposed to keeping them off the board.  

How many coaches on staff are also teachers?

What's a common number?

Defensive coordinators are a different breed.

Offensive coordinators:

Blue Eat GIF - Blue Eat Baby - Discover & Share GIFs | Happy birthday baby  girl, Image birthday cake, Birthday cake

Defensive coordinators:

Cake GIF | Gfycat

• Thanks 3