Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

PAC 2021

Hearing that another starting offensive lineman from Castle will be transferring to Gibson Southern.   Castle did not fight the first one, and will be fighting this one.  Apparently, the dad lives in Gibson County so might be a loophole.   Castle people are pissed.

1 hour ago, Reb08 said:

Hearing that another starting offensive lineman from Castle will be transferring to Gibson Southern.   Castle did not fight the first one, and will be fighting this one.  Apparently, the dad lives in Gibson County so might be a loophole.   Castle people are pissed.

I hate to hear that. Why would they let the first one go but fight the second one? Seems like, if you're going to fight one, you should fight all of them. 

2 hours ago, Spitting Llamas said:

I hate to hear that. Why would they let the first one go but fight the second one? Seems like, if you're going to fight one, you should fight all of them. 

I agree.  From what I understand, the Warrick Co. Superintendent is retiring at the end of the year, and possibly didn't want to mess with it.  Also, remember the first one transferring has a mother that is an administrator in Warrick Co.  Might be possible that the dynamics of that could have impacted it.   I think obviously they didn't expect a second transfer to take place.  

On 4/29/2021 at 12:50 PM, Reb08 said:

In the 2019 sectional game, methodical didn't hurt Gibson Southern.  Sigler's ability to break big plays late in the game did it.....unless my memory is wrong.  Can't speak about the other games with these two programs.

2019 team rush attack was so good because they had a bunch of really good rushers in addition to Sigler Fullbacks Rodgers and Wetzel and Slotbacks Vaal and Mundy. Speedy Vaal was injured early in the sectional win and didn't play again until the end of state.

That team had 2 1000 yard rushers.

2019 rushing yards

Wetzel 1215

Sigler 1135

Rodgers 679

Vaal 503

Mundy 268

HH-GS rush leaders in 2018-2019

2018 regular season win

Wetzel 118 yards

Sigler 80 yards 

Carter 75 yards

2018 sectional loss

Wetzel 123 yards

Sigler 75 yards

2019 regular season  win

Sigler 146 yards

Rodgers 133 yards

Wetzel 91 yards

Mundy 59 yards

2019 Sectional  win

Wetzel 114 yards

Sigler 80 yards

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jets said:

Aren’t there suppose to be “rules” that keep kids from transferring solely for the purpose of athletics?? Are GS and HH just immune to such rules- or does no one care much ?? 

When Banks transferred to Heritage Hills in January from Central he had to sit out 1 year from date enrolled at HH meaning No Football at all and No Basketball until January, When the Newton kid transferred from South Spencer a few year back to HH he was JV  only his Junior season and not eligible for Varsity until week 5 of Senior season so the answer is NO HH is  not immune.

As far as the above rumor how about waiting until its actually verified before speculating on if the transfer is for athletic reasons.

BTW: I don't remember Jacob Masterson sitting out any games when he transferred from HH to Southridge .     

8 hours ago, DaveMosbey said:

When Banks transferred to Heritage Hills in January from Central he had to sit out 1 year from date enrolled at HH meaning No Football at all and No Basketball until January, When the Newton kid transferred from South Spencer a few year back to HH he was JV  only his Junior season and not eligible for Varsity until week 5 of Senior season so the answer is NO HH is  not immune.

As far as the above rumor how about waiting until its actually verified before speculating on if the transfer is for athletic reasons.

BTW: I don't remember Jacob Masterson sitting out any games when he transferred from HH to Southridge .     

Just observing from afar...

• Like 1

On 5/21/2021 at 8:40 AM, Tanka Jahari said:

If what I'm told is true, the "twitch" athlete problem at Heritage Hills has been, or is in the process of being solved. It's Christmas in May in Santa Claus, and the Patriots have been gifted a dynamic athlete.

I apologize for posting some bad information. I should've verified the info before putting it out there. It turns out the athlete I was talking about is NOT going to be at Heritage Hills. The Cannelton Bulldogs will be the lucky landing spot for this stud athlete.

1 hour ago, Tanka Jahari said:

I apologize for posting some bad information. I should've verified the info before putting it out there. It turns out the athlete I was talking about is NOT going to be at Heritage Hills. The Cannelton Bulldogs will be the lucky landing spot for this stud athlete.

You have no idea the scale of the investigations you launched LOL.

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, Tanka Jahari said:

I can not understand why anyone not born in Cannelton would choose to go to school, or send their kid to school in Cannelton if the student had any athletic ability. Tell City or Perry Central would be a better choice in any team sport. Cannelton has an enrollment of  96 students. The only three sports for boys sponsored at Cannelton this year are Cross County, Basketball, and Baseball.

On 5/24/2021 at 6:27 PM, sr1 said:

I can not understand why anyone not born in Cannelton would choose to go to school, or send their kid to school in Cannelton if the student had any athletic ability. Tell City or Perry Central would be a better choice in any team sport. Cannelton has an enrollment of  96 students. The only three sports for boys sponsored at Cannelton this year are Cross County, Basketball, and Baseball.

Why be another in the long line of stud athletes at Heritage Hills when you can be the best athlete to ever walk the halls of Cannelton high school?

1 hour ago, Tanka Jahari said:

Why be another in the long line of stud athletes at Heritage Hills when you can be the best athlete to ever walk the halls of Cannelton high school?

Why discuss a kid that won't be playing football in a football forum? Does Cannelton have Endzone Camera's for Cross Country?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cappy said:

Why discuss a kid that won't be playing football in a football forum? Does Cannelton have Endzone Camera's for Cross Country?

I'm sorry for the trouble. The kid's family was originally moving to Christmas Lake, but they ran out of gas in Cannelton, so they are now settled there. I posted about him transfering to Heritage Hills before I knew they'd busted flat in Bulldog town.  

That's a great question about Cannelton having an endzone camera though. Often times people automatically think of football when it comes to endzone cameras, but they're great for other sports too. And they can be used outside of the sports realm as well. You should see a wedding, funeral, or bris shot from the bird's eye view offered by the Hi-Pod X31.

But I digress......

55 minutes ago, Tanka Jahari said:

I'm sorry for the trouble. The kid's family was originally moving to Christmas Lake, but they ran out of gas in Cannelton, so they are now settled there. I posted about him transfering to Heritage Hills before I knew they'd busted flat in Bulldog town.  

That's a great question about Cannelton having an endzone camera though. Often times people automatically think of football when it comes to endzone cameras, but they're great for other sports too. And they can be used outside of the sports realm as well. You should see a wedding, funeral, or bris shot from the bird's eye view offered by the Hi-Pod X31.

But I digress......

I heard our bowling team borrowed our EZ camera to get better views of 7/10 split drills, but they cranked it up right through the roof of River City Bowling Center and now they have a skylight...

• Haha 2

So much controversy in this thread 

if we are going to talk about GS so much why don’t we talk about how Rory Heltsley who has picked up 3 offers this offseason...and might have more on the way 

So Far:

Air Force,

Morehead State

Brown (Ivy league) 

spending all this time chirping about whatever and talking negatively.....but you got a stud who is seeing his hard work pay off...and people aren’t noticing 

On 5/27/2021 at 5:05 PM, DumfriesYMCA said:

if we are going to talk about GS so much why don’t we talk about how Rory Heltsley who has picked up 3 offers this offseason...and might have more on the way 

So Far:

Air Force,

Morehead State

Brown (Ivy league) 

spending all this time chirping about whatever and talking negatively.....but you got a stud who is seeing his hard work pay off...and people aren’t noticing 

Are these scholarship offers? I was under the impression that Morehead St (Pioneer) and Brown (Ivy) were both non athletic scholarships for football.  Air Force is a pretty cool accomplishment! 

On 5/29/2021 at 12:02 AM, CheapSeats said:

Are these scholarship offers? I was under the impression that Morehead St (Pioneer) and Brown (Ivy) were both non athletic scholarships for football.  Air Force is a pretty cool accomplishment! 

I’m not entirely sure how it works with these academic schools....but I would have to assume you have to be a smart cookie + be Uber talented athletically to get an offer.  

the last player I can remember who got an offer out of the PAC to an Ivy League school was Ben Braunecker out of Forest Park.  

I believe he was the class of 2011/2012.  Went to Harvard and then found a way to make the Chicago Bears roster for a little bit.

I remember when I was at GS and we played them week 1, one of the coaches pregame was telling us about him saying “he is bigger than our tackles.” There were some explicative language in there but I’ll leave it out lol.

On 5/27/2021 at 6:05 PM, DumfriesYMCA said:

So Far:

Air Force,

Morehead State

Brown (Ivy league) 

What position does he play? 

18 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I’m not entirely sure how it works with these academic schools....but I would have to assume you have to be a smart cookie + be Uber talented athletically to get an offer.  

the last player I can remember who got an offer out of the PAC to an Ivy League school was Ben Braunecker out of Forest Park.  

I believe he was the class of 2011/2012.  Went to Harvard and then found a way to make the Chicago Bears roster for a little bit.

I remember when I was at GS and we played them week 1, one of the coaches pregame was telling us about him saying “he is bigger than our tackles.” There were some explicative language in there but I’ll leave it out lol.

With the Ivy League and Pioneer Football League being non-scholarship, these schools give great academic packages for those who are able to get in. Especially student-athletes. Service academies (Army, Air Force, Navy) are able to give scholarships so the Air Force offer is a pretty big deal. Kudos to that young man! I had the pleasure(?) of throwing discus against Braunecker at the 2012 regional at Central. Just like on the gridiron, he was a man among boys.

7 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

He plays WR.

he is listed at 6’3 215 I believe 

Great size for a WR in any style of offense. Air Force runs that flexbone triple option so I can see that size being very attractive for blocking on the edge. Hope this young man continues to progress this summer and I'm sure offers will continue to roll in.

• Like 1

I know this is a football forum - but just wanted to give a shout-out to the Southridge senior class on their 3rd straight (COVID knocked out what could have been a 4 for 4 peat for them) baseball sectional, this one in 3A after being bumped up. 

This senior class, in their time in the hallways, has brought an incredible 8 sectional championships in a possible 11 tries in the "big 3" sports. (Football, basketball, and baseball).

Dating back to their freshman years, they have went

3 for 4 in football sectionals (2017, 2018, and 2020)

2 for 4 in basketball sectionals (2017 & 2021)

3 for 3 in baseball (2018, 2019, & 2021) 

Obviously an accomplishment like this doesn't come from just them, as they were surrounded by awesome classes in their own right - but still- a run like that I may never see again in my coaching career. 

Kuddos to them. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, jets said:

I know this is a football forum - but just wanted to give a shout-out to the Southridge senior class on their 3rd straight (COVID knocked out what could have been a 4 for 4 peat for them) baseball sectional, this one in 3A after being bumped up. 

This senior class, in their time in the hallways, has brought an incredible 8 sectional championships in a possible 11 tries in the "big 3" sports. (Football, basketball, and baseball).

Dating back to their freshman years, they have went

3 for 4 in football sectionals (2017, 2018, and 2020)

2 for 4 in basketball sectionals (2017 & 2021)

3 for 3 in baseball (2018, 2019, & 2021) 

Obviously an accomplishment like this doesn't come from just them, as they were surrounded by awesome classes in their own right - but still- a run like that I may never see again in my coaching career. 

Kuddos to them. 

And the common denominator that has been on Every One of those teams is not the name everyone is thinking. Camden Gasser is one of the best all around athletes to ever come through Southridge and in a way has always been living in the shadows of Colson Montgomery. I firmly believe half of those titles are wiped off the board without Camden. Having these two in this class and the hard work and preparation they put into their respective sports has been simply fascinating to watch these last 4 years. Southridge has always been a football school. At times, a basketball school, but this class alone has made Southridge a Baseball School.

31 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

And the common denominator that has been on Every One of those teams is not the name everyone is thinking. Camden Gasser is one of the best all around athletes to ever come through Southridge and in a way has always been living in the shadows of Colson Montgomery. I firmly believe half of those titles are wiped off the board without Camden. Having these two in this class and the hard work and preparation they put into their respective sports has been simply fascinating to watch these last 4 years. Southridge has always been a football school. At times, a basketball school, but this class alone has made Southridge a Baseball School.

I purposely didn’t include any individuals in my post (obviously there has been OUTSTANDING athletes to make 8 of 11 happen- but also takes a lot more than that) - nor do I like “labeling” a school - just wanted to give public props for quite an accomplishment. 

• Like 1