Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

PAC 2021

16 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

This is a football thread....but I kinda want to know how Colson Montgomery is doing.

is he going to a college? Or straight into the MLB draft? How good has he been for his career? 

At any given Southridge Baseball game, there are anywhere from 6-15 MLB scouts lining the 3rd base line and behind home plate. Mets and WhiteSox seem to have the most interest out of anyone. Majority of the MLB Mock Drafts have him going in the first round, some say as high as 17th overall. Personally, I do not see him seeing the diamond at IU.

He is an unreal talent that you just have to see in person. As far as statistics, I couldn't tell you exact numbers. I do know he is the #1 player in Indiana with very high odds of winning Mr. Baseball.

• Like 1

First off, I'm excited to join the conversation with you gentlemen in regards to this great game we share an affinity for. Only 74 days until kickoff. I'm ready for some gosh dang football already. Year one in the PAC for my Hatchets led to the most victories in a season in four years and first sectional victory since 2017. The end of the season left a bad taste in the mouths of Hatchet Nation as our boys advanced to the sectional championship for the first time in about a decade...only to see the season ended by COVID-19 contact tracing. That team was very senior laden with about a hand full continuing their gridiron careers at the next level, plus QB Trey Reed signing to play baseball at Indiana St.

I am very curious to see how they fair in year two under Coach Morris. Will the postseason success (relative) from last year be momentum that they carry into the upcoming season? They open up in week 1 against an opponent I don't believe they've played before in the West Vigo Vikings. I, for one, haven't seen the Vikings play since the early 2010s when I played against them. They had only one season under .500 in the past six seasons, so I believe this can be an early test to set where my Hatchets stand. Looks like there is no week 2 opponent so far, therefore they get an extra week to prepare for GS. Brady Allen and Co. will invade historic Hatchet Hallow and give the Hatchets all they can handle I'm sure. Weeks 4-6 provide the Hatchets with ample opportunities to pick up some Ws. Back-to-back rivalry games against North Daviess and Pike Central will surely provide some excitement as they are both trophy games and I know Coach Morris and Co. would love to keep those in town for the year. Princeton will be Princeton and I think the Hatchets will win a bit more comfortably after last season's last minute victory. Weeks 7-9 will test the Hatchet's toughness as they go through what I believe to be a gauntlet to end the season. If they can sneak away with a victory in any of these weeks (HH, Boonville, MV) I would be ecstatic! If the Hatchets can finish in the top three of the Sectional 30 standings and get the right draw, I think they will get the chance to compete for that elusive first sectional championship in program history that was taken away from last year's squad.

Predictions

Aug. 20 at West Vigo - W

Aug. 27 Bye

Sep. 3 Gibson Southern - L

Sep. 10 at North Daviess - W

Sep. 17 at Pike Central - W

Sep. 24 Princeton 3A - W

Oct. 1 Heritage Hills 3A - L

Oct. 8 at Boonville 4A - L

Oct. 15 Mount Vernon (Posey) - L

Regular season record: 4-4

Edited by OldHatchetHog76
  • Like 2

I’m so glad that the PAC merged and is what it is now.  

we got hatchet fans…we got boonville fans…we got the rest of the old Big 8 fans in here…and everyone has tons of flexibility in their schedule to fit it to their teams needs and wants resulting in tons of new matchups to follow 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, OldHatchetHog76 said:

First off, I'm excited to join the conversation with you gentlemen in regards to this great game we share an affinity for. Only 74 days until kickoff. I'm ready for some gosh dang football already. Year one in the PAC for my Hatchets led to the most victories in a season in four years and first sectional victory since 2017. The end of the season left a bad taste in the mouths of Hatchet Nation as our boys advanced to the sectional championship for the first time in about a decade...only to see the season ended by COVID-19 contact tracing. That team was very senior laden with about a hand full continuing their gridiron careers at the next level, plus QB Trey Reed signing to play baseball at Indiana St.

I am very curious to see how they fair in year two under Coach Morris. Will the postseason success (relative) from last year be momentum that they carry into the upcoming season? They open up in week 1 against an opponent I don't believe they've played before in the West Vigo Vikings. I, for one, haven't seen the Vikings play since the early 2010s when I played against them. They had only one season under .500 in the past six seasons, so I believe this can be an early test to set where my Hatchets stand. Looks like there is no week 2 opponent so far, therefore they get an extra week to prepare for GS. Brady Allen and Co. will invade historic Hatchet Hallow and give the Hatchets all they can handle I'm sure. Weeks 4-6 provide the Hatchets with ample opportunities to pick up some Ws. Back-to-back rivalry games against North Daviess and Pike Central will surely provide some excitement as they are both trophy games and I know Coach Morris and Co. would love to keep those in town for the year. Princeton will be Princeton and I think the Hatchets will win a bit more comfortably after last season's last minute victory. Weeks 7-9 will test the Hatchet's toughness as they go through what I believe to be a gauntlet to end the season. If they can sneak away with a victory in any of these weeks (HH, Boonville, MV) I would be ecstatic! If the Hatchets can finish in the top three of the Sectional 30 standings and get the right draw, I think they will get the chance to compete for that elusive first sectional championship in program history that was taken away from last year's squad.

Predictions

Aug. 20 at West Vigo - W

Aug. 27 Bye

Sep. 24 Princeton 3A - W

I hope you guys still find a week 2 game...seems possible.  I could sense the energy and excitement around the program when you guys came to our place last year.  Best of luck to the Hatchets!

Edited by Titan32
type 0
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I’m so glad that the PAC merged and is what it is now.  

we got hatchet fans…we got boonville fans…we got the rest of the old Big 8 fans in here…and everyone has tons of flexibility in their schedule to fit it to their teams needs and wants resulting in tons of new matchups to follow 

As an alum, I think it was the best possible scenario for the future of the program. Geographically, it was a no brainer to join the PAC. As someone who spent a couple years coaching in it, I know it's a very respectable conference and you've got to be tough to contend. Looking forward to all of the match ups henceforth!

11 hours ago, Titan32 said:

I hope you guys still find a week 2 game...seems possible.  I could sense the energy and excitement around the program when you guys came to our place last year.  Best of luck to the Hatchets!

I'm hoping for a week 2 game as well. With less and less full padded days in the summer I feel those reps are more valuable than ever!

A storyline I'm very interested in that I forgot to mention in my earlier post is their week 5 match up with PC. The Hatchets' all-time winningest ball coach, Kelly Brashear, takes over as the Chargers' head man. Kelly coached me at Washington and if I know anything for sure, he's going to bring a 'pound the rock' mentality. Confirmed on Facebook, the Chargers will bring a flexbone offensive attack and run a 4-4 Cover 3 for their base defense. I wish this game was played in Hatchet Hallow for a little extra drama, but it will be an interesting game nonetheless! 

On 6/7/2021 at 1:06 AM, OldHatchetHog76 said:

Predictions

Aug. 20 at West Vigo - W

Aug. 27 Bye

Sep. 24 Princeton 3A - W

🙄🙄

On 6/7/2021 at 4:05 PM, TigerFan20 said:

Don’t know much about the PAC for this season. Any guesses who wins the title this year? 
Big- I would say Gibson Southern

Small- Southridge? But I believe they lose a lot 

Could be wrong but I think SR might return some guys in the trenches.  I expect them to reload.

42 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Saw Coach Hart was just named Athletic Director for Gibson Southern. I’m assuming he will still coach

I certainly would assume so…especially this far into the offseason. 

this is exciting news though.  My senior year of high school was Coach Harts 1st season as coach for the football team (2012?) and let me tell you the difference in atmosphere in the school once he arrived immediately changed….for all sports… he brought an energy to the football team and it spread like wildfire in the best way.  GS sports really became a pride and joy for the community and many of the kids and it definitely shows still

beyond that, I think this shows another level of commitment to the Gibson Southern community….it seems like every year there are a few talking heads that ask if Coach Hart will ever consider leaving GS for reitz or a college program or some other big school gig..and this kinda just makes me think all of that can be put to rest.  Taking the position as AD, at least in my opinion, means he is going to be sticking around for a while…and that’s always good news 

Edited by DumfriesYMCA
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

this is exciting news though.  My senior year of high school was Coach Harts 1st season as coach for the football team (2012?) and let me tell you the difference in atmosphere in the school once he arrived immediately changed….for all sports… he brought an energy to the football team and it spread like wildfire in the best way.  GS sports really became a pride and joy for the community and many of the kids and it definitely shows still

beyond that, I think this shows another level of commitment to the Gibson Southern community….it seems like every year there are a few talking heads that ask if Coach Hart will ever consider leaving GS for reitz or a college program or some other big school gig..and this kinda just makes me think all of that can be put to rest.  Taking the position as AD, at least in my opinion, means he is going to be sticking around for a while…and that’s always good news 

What position did Coach Hart hold in the school system ?

https://amp.courierpress.com/amp/7679663002?__twitter_impression=true

1 hour ago, jets said:

What position did Coach Hart hold in the school system ?

JAG 

2 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Saw Coach Hart was just named Athletic Director for Gibson Southern. I’m assuming he will still coach

Yes he will still coach football.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

My senior year of HS was his 1st year as well. If my memory serves me correctly, we scrimmaged y'all to open the season. I could tell right then and there that something special was brewing at GS. His pedigree was undeniable and the results have been nothing short of fruitful. I got to coach against y'all twice when I was in college and it was like coaching against a small college program.

Getting ahead of the horse here….but next stop the saints? 

Black and Gold clearly is a favorite of his haha

I’m a Wisconsin Badgers fan but having lived in Indiana and attended GS….it’s exciting seeing Purdue get in state kids….especially ones that we have seen torch the Titans defense

just a special kid.  I just seen he won the state long jump competition and finished 2nd in 110 hurdles too.

also glad he graduated lol 😅

On 6/16/2021 at 9:54 AM, DumfriesYMCA said:

Devin Mockober has decommitted from navy and has committed to Purdue.  

Pretty big news and very exciting

Purdue must love some PAC football! Mockobee in 21, Allen in 22, what juniors have a chance to play big ten ball

7 hours ago, Cappy said:

Purdue must love some PAC football! Mockobee in 21, Allen in 22, what juniors have a chance to play big ten ball

Who is the kid that was Mocks backup?  Ballard? I’ve heard good things about him and he’s incredibly fast.  He might get the rock a bunch this year