Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

PAC 2021

Hearing PC got a week one opponent. Louisville Waggener will allegedly make the trip to Petersburg. I live in Louisville and asked a buddy of mine about them and he said they're very fast (can be expected coming out of Louisville.) The real question, will they stop for Fish Hut on the way out of town?

• Haha 1

Hey, we wanted a week one opponent, and at this juncture it is hard to come by.  From what I understand, they have fallen on some hard times the past two or three years in regards to numbers and experience.  I want a challenge to guage just where we are as a team/program.  I'm not concerned with a L or W.  I just want our kids to be able to play in week one just like everyone else.  This will be a great game to see where we are.  OldHatchetHog76 I sure hope your comment about the Fish Hut was in jest.

1 minute ago, 1840ojb said:

Hey, we wanted a week one opponent, and at this juncture it is hard to come by.  From what I understand, they have fallen on some hard times the past two or three years in regards to numbers and experience.  I want a challenge to guage just where we are as a team/program.  I'm not concerned with a L or W.  I just want our kids to be able to play in week one just like everyone else.  This will be a great game to see where we are.  OldHatchetHog76 I sure hope your comment about the Fish Hut was in jest.

1 minute ago, 1840ojb said:

Don't poke the bear!!!!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, 1840ojb said:

Don't poke the bear!!!!

Coach, I could never hate on one of Petersburg's finest dining establishments. They've never let me leave without a full belly before! I hope you all pull out the W against them. The excitement that would come with PC beating a team out of Louisville is one that all of your fellow PAC members would share.

Us on the north side of the river are still rooting for ya coach. That is, at least until week 5 😉 

9 hours ago, DT said:

Hello PAC Fans

This is DT.  I have a new page on Facebook names Hoosier High School Football.

Will very soon have some content pertinent to your areas of the state.  Please stop by for a visit and hope to see you there often.

https://www.facebook.com/Hoosier-High-School-Football-107360041590757

I’ll give a like and follow but it’s hard for me to think Facebook is a better platform than this forum for the conversations I like to have here 

but I do like the interviews thing so I’ll play your game for just that. 

Just don’t think Facebook is the best for discussion…especially here in the PAC where we have what seems like more rivalry games than normal games 

18 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I’ll give a like and follow but it’s hard for me to think Facebook is a better platform than this forum for the conversations I like to have here 

but I do like the interviews thing so I’ll play your game for just that. 

Just don’t think Facebook is the best for discussion…especially here in the PAC where we have what seems like more rivalry games than normal games 

Agree

GID format is best for group discussion.  No comparison

I thijnk there is enough interest for both

Edited by DT

21 hours ago, Titan32 said:

Excited to see some football this Thursday as Reitz and Boonville come to GS for a team camp.  North Posey was supposed to be there too but for some reason decided to cancel.

I believe the concern was many of our varsity players are on vacation or gone to church camp or playing another sport or recovering from an injury. We had mostly freshmen and sophomores left and a total of 19 kids that could make it Thursday night. Coach made the decision to pickup a scrimmage later on that could benefit the whole team. With so many 2 and 3 sport athletes these reps are extremely valuable and missing the majority of the team didn't make sense.  

1 minute ago, Cappy said:

I believe the concern was many of our varsity players are on vacation or gone to church camp or playing another sport or recovering from an injury. We had mostly freshmen and sophomores left and a total of 19 kids that could make it Thursday night. Coach made the decision to pickup a scrimmage later on that could benefit the whole team. With so many 2 and 3 sport athletes these reps are extremely valuable and missing the majority of the team didn't make sense.  

It seems every sport wants kids in June.

30 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

It seems every sport wants kids in June.

Football encourages multi sport athletes, yet is the sport that seems to ‘give’ more than any other.

I mean, who’s to say which of the 16U Gold Silver Elite Prep Baseball Showcase events is more important than the other 7 ones?

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

Football encourages multi sport athletes, yet is the sport that seems to ‘give’ more than any other.

I mean, who’s to say which of the 16U Gold Silver Elite Prep Baseball Showcase events is more important than the other 7 ones?

Don't forget the basketball "shootouts".  Junes have been brutal at my house for years.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Don't forget the basketball "shootouts".  Junes have been brutal at my house for years.

I hit submit before I could add that, but agreed. At least most of those are local and with your HS team. 

You just have to go out of state to find good baseball teams, or so I have been told. I guess Dubois county doesn’t count??

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, oldtimeqb said:

I hit submit before I could add that, but agreed. At least most of those are local and with your HS team. 

You just have to go out of state to find good baseball teams, or so I have been told. I guess Dubois county doesn’t count??

I hear they play pretty good baseball in Dubois county....could just be rumor.

20 hours ago, Titan32 said:

I hear some of these shootouts teams are playing 6,7,8 or more games in a day. When is it too much? I love that these kids get these opportunities but I think many of them would benefit from a month or so without sports. Have time to pick up hay, watermelons,  or mow yards, 

• Like 4

Just now, DumfriesYMCA said:

Is this event effectively replacing the select 7on7 tournament?

looks like it’s a lot of the same big schools we have seen in the Select tournament over the past decade 

It's replacing it for us (they moved the dates).  If you remember this is the one we attended when Hart first arrived at GS.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Titan32 said:

It's replacing it for us (they moved the dates).  If you remember this is the one we attended when Hart first arrived at GS.

I think I recall but it’s now year 10 of coach hart and it seems like we attend 3/4 7on7s a year so it’s hard to keep up.

what I do know though is these tournaments in Alabama and outside of Indiana are huge reps for our guys. Always loaded…I’m not even sure we have done too great vs these Alabama schools but we always improve….maybe this year we make a good splash down there and build on some confidence going into a tough 4 week slate to open the season

So has GS become the new “transfer U” of Southern Indiana?? 

Neighboring schools, neighboring States...come one, come all I guess? 

I assume it’s all on the up/up with the IHSAA, so more power to them- but will anyone still have a fighting chance with all these move-ins??