Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

PAC 2021

21 minutes ago, jets said:

So has GS become the new “transfer U” of Southern Indiana?? 

Neighboring schools, neighboring States...come one, come all I guess? 

I assume it’s all on the up/up with the IHSAA, so more power to them- but will anyone still have a fighting chance with all these move-ins?? 

who has "moved in" to Gibson Southern? I haven't heard any names mentioned. 

I would start off by wishing Gibson Southern the best of luck next season.  No ill will at all.

I remember someone saying about some of the Colts teams "if not now, when?".

Memorial and Chatard are in 4A.

Southrigdge has to take a step back due to graduation.

If HH is better, they are still not the team of 2 years ago.

Is Brady Allen the highest rated recruit ever to come out of GS?  

Lawrenceburg could be strong, but they lost to PAC teams by 3 TDs the last two seasons.

No dog in the 3A fight ,so I hope they do well.

3 hours ago, Spitting Llamas said:

who has "moved in" to Gibson Southern? I haven't heard any names mentioned. 

I believe there are just 2 transfers.

an OL guy from castle that ruffled lots of feathers to the SIAC guys….ihsaa approved the transfer.

then there is another kid who moved 2/3 hours from Illinois. 

im not aware of any other transfers this offseason…..so to act like 2 guys transferring in is some big deal is laughable imo

6 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I believe there are just 2 transfers.

an OL guy from castle that ruffled lots of feathers to the SIAC guys….ihsaa approved the transfer.

then there is another kid who moved 2/3 hours from Illinois. 

im not aware of any other transfers this offseason…..so to act like 2 guys transferring in is some big deal is laughable imo

Doesn't sound like either kid is moving from a school just down the road. When an Evansville kid moves from one school to another without a change of address it could, and probably should, raise some eyebrows. To have a kid move from Warrick County to Gibson County and another from 100+ miles away doesn't sound like a big deal. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fenderbender said:

I would start off by wishing Gibson Southern the best of luck next season.  No ill will at all.

I remember someone saying about some of the Colts teams "if not now, when?".

Memorial and Chatard are in 4A.

Southrigdge has to take a step back due to graduation.

If HH is better, they are still not the team of 2 years ago.

Is Brady Allen the highest rated recruit ever to come out of GS?  

Lawrenceburg could be strong, but they lost to PAC teams by 3 TDs the last two seasons.

No dog in the 3A fight ,so I hope they do well.

I am biased to my Patriots, but I would say with you that for Gibson Southern again--"if not now when".

With Memorial and Chatard in 4A, and #18 in his Senior season it appears that the stars may have aligned.  It is kinda hanging over his head that there hasn't been so much as a sectional the last 3 years...things may be much different for GS this year.  If they are going to make a run, now is the time.

I would, however, like to think that we could do something to stop that.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, HHPatriots said:

I am biased to my Patriots, but I would say with you that for Gibson Southern again--"if not now when".

With Memorial and Chatard in 4A, and #18 in his Senior season it appears that the stars may have aligned.  It is kinda hanging over his head that there hasn't been so much as a sectional the last 3 years...things may be much different for GS this year.  If they are going to make a run, now is the time.

I would, however, like to think that we could do something to stop that.  

The nice thing for GS this year is that we are returning a fair amount of the defense…which it seems like since that 2015 season with the insane defense we had…every year has been hard with graduation and replacing most of the guys.

I believe this year all the DBs are returning…or most and we have a LB/DL or two who are back for their senior years…..so hopefully this year there is no concerns with teams doing what they want on offense vs us.  Last year we had to lean on Brady throwing it 30-40 times a game. 

GS is in Alabama right now though and currently 4-1 in the 7v7 pool play.  Tons of 5A/6A/7A teams from Alabama/Georgia/Louisiana.  In the past I don’t think we have done this well early in pool play.  Post mooresville 7on7/current 7v7 tourney, GS is living up to the billing of how good they are it seems 

Make that 5-1 with a win over Hoover 

No objective person could argue not having to face Memorial or Chatard doesn't improve GS's post-season chances.  That, combined with it being Brady Allen's last go around, does make it a great opportunity.    

I think it can be argued that Allen is best college prospect in the SW Ind. area since Deke Cooper at Ev. North. I wish we had a chance to play GS this year because its such a fun rivalry, but since we can't, I would like to see him get some IHSAA tournament title patches for that letter jacket before he heads to Purdue. 

I'd also like to see the kid from Lawrenceburg, so hopefully the ping pong balls will set up a regional game at Jewel. 

GS was going to be a beast this year no question...but adding 2 STARTERS from a “transfer portal” (tonque-in-cheek of course) - it is like a “slap your forehead” good grief type of deal. 

But good for them I guess. Good fortune I guess? 

4 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

The nice thing for GS this year is that we are returning a fair amount of the defense…which it seems like since that 2015 season with the insane defense we had…every year has been hard with graduation and replacing most of the guys.

I believe this year all the DBs are returning…or most and we have a LB/DL or two who are back for their senior years…..so hopefully this year there is no concerns with teams doing what they want on offense vs us.  Last year we had to lean on Brady throwing it 30-40 times a game. 

GS is in Alabama right now though and currently 4-1 in the 7v7 pool play.  Tons of 5A/6A/7A teams from Alabama/Georgia/Louisiana.  In the past I don’t think we have done this well early in pool play.  Post mooresville 7on7/current 7v7 tourney, GS is living up to the billing of how good they are it seems 

Make that 5-1 with a win over Hoover 

GS won their pool and are seeded #2 overall (out of 32) for the tournament.

But check out tomorrow’s tournament schedule. 
9AM Brownsburg vs Louisville Male

10 AM Gibson Southern vs Spain Park JV (#31 seed) 

11 AM GS/SP winner vs BBurg/Male winner 

Could we see the HartBowl in Round 2??

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Rory Heltsley picked up his 4th D1 offer today! This time from Dayton

currently has 3 FCS offers and 1 FBS offer

offer list is 

Air Force 

Dayton

Morehead State 

Brown university 

this kid is really building up a ton of momentum from last year into this season.  Congrats to him! 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, OldHatchetHog76 said:

Praise Jesus. I can almost smell the popcorn mixed with that fresh cut grass. Or turf pellets, depending on how blessed your program might be lol

Speaking of that, is there any discussion of Washington making an investment to upgrade Hatchet Hollow? It could be a nice program boost.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tango said:

Speaking of that, is there any discussion of Washington making an investment to upgrade Hatchet Hollow? It could be a nice program boost.

They still haven’t renovated that field? 

man…I hope they get around to it…I remember playing there and it’s a cool field…it’s just been in tough shape for a while 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tango said:

7 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

They still haven’t renovated that field? 

man…I hope they get around to it…I remember playing there and it’s a cool field…it’s just been in tough shape for a while 

There was talk of building a new football/soccer complex out by one of the elementary schools. Allegedly already had the land purchased (if my memory serves me right) and was ready to move forward but the town voted it down. There's an increasing amount of families living in Washington that send their kids over to Barr-Reeve, so I can only speculate that didn't help the cause.

As an alum, I'd rather see them invest in Hatchet Hallow and give it a face lift. @DumfriesYMCAis right, it's a very cool field and I have fond memories of playing there. I think it was a WPA project from the 1930s. I know the away seating has been replaced with nice new bleachers recently. Last year they took a step in the right direction by covering parts of that concrete track with some old hand-me-down turf from somewhere else. Looked significantly better than having that ugly thing visible; also probably made it a bit easier to land on. I can recall many bloodied arms and ripped pants from skidding on that rack.

A pipe dream for me would be to see Hatchet Hallow rip up that track and get turf all the way up to the stands. I love the way it looks at the Reitz Bowl and I think it'd look just as nice there.Would be a huge boost for the entire program, which also just took control of the youth league from the local YMCA.

• Like 4