Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

PAC 2021

How is everyone's numbers in the PAC, do we have a any programs with over 70 or 80 on their roster freshmen through senior. My Vikings have a incredibly small junior class(3,) maybe smallest in school history. I believe our other three classes are all above 15 and we have about 55 total (+/- a few.)

9 hours ago, Cappy said:

How is everyone's numbers in the PAC, do we have a any programs with over 70 or 80 on their roster freshmen through senior. My Vikings have a incredibly small junior class(3,) maybe smallest in school history. I believe our other three classes are all above 15 and we have about 55 total (+/- a few.)

I think we are over 70.

Gibson Southern:

https://www.tristatehomepage.com/video/experienced-titans-hungry-to-end-sectional-drought/6874052/

On 6/7/2021 at 1:55 PM, DumfriesYMCA said:

I’m so glad that the PAC merged and is what it is now.  

we got hatchet fans…we got boonville fans…we got the rest of the old Big 8 fans in here…and everyone has tons of flexibility in their schedule to fit it to their teams needs and wants resulting in tons of new matchups to follow 

Just selfishly wished that the SIAC weren't closed. Drop the scrimmage week and effectively make Week 10 an out-of-conference game week for most schools...despite programs having different regular season "philosophies" and may want to shy away from playing a good/traditional Jasper team the week before the tournament.

Jasper-HH and I'm sure other matchups need restored.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Just selfishly wished that the SIAC weren't closed. Drop the scrimmage week and effectively make Week 10 an out-of-conference game week for most schools...despite programs having different regular season "philosophies" and may want to shy away from playing a good/traditional Jasper team the week before the tournament.

Jasper-HH and I'm sure other matchups need restored.

Move Vincennes to the PAC problem solved.  SIAC would then have 1 non-conference game to work with and the PAC teams would only have to deal with two.  From a football perspective moving to the PAC might be a better fit for the Alices.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Move Vincennes to the PAC problem solved.  SIAC would then have 1 non-conference game to work with and the PAC teams would only have to deal with two.  From a football perspective moving to the PAC might be a better fit for the Alices.

That said, I think it could be possible that the SIAC is enjoying not having the headache of working on non-conference games every year.  Obviously there is a lot of effort involved.

24 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

I would guess a 9 team conference would be a no-go.  No one wants to be the team looking for a week 9 non-conference opponent every few years.  If VL leaves, would GS join?  

Would you rather play Columbus North, South Warren, and New Albany or have this schedule:

Evansville Bosse 

at Evansville Reitz 

at Evansville Mater Dei 

Evansville Central  

Castle 

at Evansville Harrison 

at Evansville North 

at Evansville Memorial 

Jasper 

Just now, oldtimeqb said:

I would guess a 9 team conference would be a no-go.  No one wants to be the team looking for a week 9 non-conference opponent every few years.  If VL leaves, would GS join?  

Would you rather play Columbus North, South Warren, and New Albany or have this schedule:

Evansville Bosse 

at Evansville Reitz 

at Evansville Mater Dei 

Evansville Central  

Castle 

at Evansville Harrison 

at Evansville North 

at Evansville Memorial 

Jasper 

This is just the humble option of a fan not associated with Gibson Southern High School, but I think that our Coach and Admin enjoy the flexibility that some might consider more of a burden.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Titan32 said:

As a Hatchet alum/fan, I'd welcome the opportunity to have Vincennes Lincoln back on the schedule each year. Losing them and Jasper to the SIAC effectively cut out our two biggest rivals (although, we are 3-63 all-time against Jasper with no wins since 1979...to be honest not much of a rivalry now that I've typed that out) We've got a trophy game with North Daviess HS (1A) and they're trying to push a new trophy rivalry with Pike Central, with whom we own a 36-4 record against with no losses since 2004. Just my opinion, but we should be able to beat a 1A school year in and year out (13-7 all-time against them so obviously we don't, but that should be the expectation) and PC is...well PC. Nothing against them at all and I'd love to see our former Coach build something over there, but for the time being I believe the record speaks for itself.

While our record vs Vincennes wasn't the greatest (20-61-4 all-time), it was still a game that the community really took a lot of pride in. Easy travel right across Hwy 50, two historic stadiums that were WPA projects; many times families lined up against each other on these fields. A win over Lincoln could really inject some pride and positivity, regardless of our final season record. If there was any way we could schedule that game again, I'd love to see it happen.

• Thanks 2

22 hours ago, oldtimeqb said:

Evansville Bosse 

at Evansville Reitz 

at Evansville Mater Dei 

Evansville Central  

Castle 

at Evansville Harrison 

at Evansville North 

at Evansville Memorial 

Jasper 

Is there a reason I might not be thinking of that the SIAC wanted a two team package other than ease of scheduling?

On 8/11/2021 at 8:30 AM, Titan32 said:

Is there a reason I might not be thinking of that the SIAC wanted a two team package other than ease of scheduling?

Let's not forget the SIAC almost added four schools which likely would have resulted in a format similar to what the PAC is currently using. 

14 hours ago, Alduflux said:

Let's not forget the SIAC almost added four schools which likely would have resulted in a format similar to what the PAC is currently using. 

True.  This article references that:

https://www.courierpress.com/story/sports/high-school/2019/06/22/how-southern-indiana-ads-made-decisions-joining-siac-pac/1531269001/