Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

PAC 2021

Just now, DumfriesYMCA said:

A lot of good matchups 

don’t really have any predictions except that I’m hoping for a strong GS victory.  Don’t know enough about the rest of the teams yet, but I’m glad week 1 is finally here 

I can’t ever decide if Nick’s non-con scheduling is brilliant, masochistic, or both.

He’s going to beat one of those teams one of these times.  Hope it’s this weekend!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, PAC FAN said:
4 hours ago, GS Titan 78 said:

GS  definitely CN wins

MV HH will win

LW

Boonville

TC

FP

NP

SR

WV

Expand  

We have to support our teams, PAC fan.  I believe GS has the horses to get it done.  I also have much respect for Patriot nation, their record speaks for itself.  Just picked the home team between MV and HH.      

8 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

A lot of good matchups 

don’t really have any predictions except that I’m hoping for a strong GS victory.  Don’t know enough about the rest of the teams yet, but I’m glad week 1 is finally here 

Big key for the Washington-WV match up will be line play IMO. After losing a do-it-all QB, how will Washington's offense look? They're wanting to be a 50-50 run/pass team. That will not be able to happen unless the offensive line shows improvement over last year. If they're able to open some holes in the running game, I think we've got some nice depth at the RB position to help ease the transition at QB. I think the offense will only get better as the season rolls on.

I hope to see the defense take a step forward as well. They showed up in spots last year against teams they were supposed to; now I'd like to see them make some stops against teams have rolled us or are expected to roll us. Coach Morris is a defensive minded HC and I'm very hopeful to see our defense take a step forward in Year 2. Look for them to run a base 4-4 scheme.

Final prediction based only off reading newspaper articles and the occasional conversation with coaching staff members: Hatchets 24 WV 21

• Like 1

8 hours ago, OldHatchetHog76 said:

Big key for the Washington-WV match up will be line play IMO. After losing a do-it-all QB, how will Washington's offense look? They're wanting to be a 50-50 run/pass team. That will not be able to happen unless the offensive line shows improvement over last year. If they're able to open some holes in the running game, I think we've got some nice depth at the RB position to help ease the transition at QB. I think the offense will only get better as the season rolls on.

I hope to see the defense take a step forward as well. They showed up in spots last year against teams they were supposed to; now I'd like to see them make some stops against teams have rolled us or are expected to roll us. Coach Morris is a defensive minded HC and I'm very hopeful to see our defense take a step forward in Year 2. Look for them to run a base 4-4 scheme.

Final prediction based only off reading newspaper articles and the occasional conversation with coaching staff members: Hatchets 24 WV 21

Good luck to the Hatchets in 2021!  I'm sure the kids are hungry after being robbed of a chance to compete for the sectional title. Maybe the VL/Wash rivalry can be renewed in the sectional this year!

Class 3A AP Preseason Poll

Rank-School                 FPV     Rcd  TP  

1. Danville                         (9)    -   208 

2. Lawrenceburg                 -     -   182 

3. Mishawaka Marian         (1)    -   148 

4. Gibson Southern            (1)    -   144 

5. Westfield                          -     -   140 

6. W. Lafayette                     -     -   126 

7. Brebeuf Jesuit                  -     -   94  

8. Southridge                        -     -   84  

9. Guerin Catholic                 -     -   54

10. Ft. Wayne Concordia      -     -   46

Others receiving votes: Western Boone 30. Tri-West 24. Jimtown 14. Heritage Hills 12. Sullivan 10. Norwell 8. Franklin Co. 8. Knox 4. Calumet 2. Cardinal Ritter 2.

2 hours ago, Titan32 said:

Class 3A AP Preseason Poll

Rank-School                 FPV     Rcd  TP  

1. Danville                         (9)    -   208 

2. Lawrenceburg                 -     -   182 

3. Mishawaka Marian         (1)    -   148 

4. Gibson Southern            (1)    -   144 

5. Westfield                          -     -   140 

6. W. Lafayette                     -     -   126 

7. Brebeuf Jesuit                  -     -   94  

8. Southridge                        -     -   84  

9. Guerin Catholic                 -     -   54

10. Ft. Wayne Concordia      -     -   46

Others receiving votes: Western Boone 30. Tri-West 24. Jimtown 14. Heritage Hills 12. Sullivan 10. Norwell 8. Franklin Co. 8. Knox 4. Calumet 2. Cardinal Ritter 2.

Errrr……3A #5 Westfield?  Fake news?

BTW, I could totally see the AP doing this….they are that bad.

For the record, I have GS as the favorite in 3A this year.

26 minutes ago, Lysander said:

Errrr……3A #5 Westfield?  Fake news?

BTW, I could totally see the AP doing this….they are that bad.

For the record, I have GS as the favorite in 3A this year.

That stuck out to me as well.  I hope you are right on GS!

23 hours ago, PAC FAN said:
On 8/16/2021 at 3:01 PM, GS Titan 78 said:

GS  - GS wins in a close one

MV wins

LW wins

Boonville wins

TC wins

FP wins

NP wins

Linton wins 

WV wins

Something tells me PAC Fan knows he’s in for a LONG season.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, SEAL_63 said:

Good luck to the Hatchets in 2021!  I'm sure the kids are hungry after being robbed of a chance to compete for the sectional title. Maybe the VL/Wash rivalry can be renewed in the sectional this year!

Best of luck to the Alices as well. The entire town felt a gut punch after the contact tracing report; hell, I felt the pain and I live in Louisville, KY.

I think both towns would relish the opportunity to play each other in the post-season! Would definitely be deserving of a special trip home on my end. If it's played in Vincennes, I'll have to be sure to go ahead and call up Bobe's Pizza early for the pre-game meal. They got something magical in those ovens on 6th Street I swear to God. Or Main Street. Decisions, decisions...

• Like 1

Friday's game v. West Vigo has been cancelled according to the local paper. A statement from the administration said that the team has been struck down will illnesses; however, at the time there is no evidence pointing towards the illnesses being COVID-19 related. Sad to see; was looking forward to the match up. That  being said, you can count me out of any further weekly predictions henceforth. I will not be a contributing factor for further losses for my Hatchets lol

Here's to no further cancellations starting week 2 gentlemen!

15 hours ago, 2017statechamps said:

Did the hatchets actually think they had a chance last year before Covid got them?  Personally I think its saved them from an arse beating!

The glorious part of the post-season is you never know who's gonna show up on the gridiron. Great example from around the area would be Bosse back in 2010.

All Washington wanted was the chance to play. When you don't have a lot of post-season success in your history, the opportunity to play for a sectional title is paramount for your program. So to answer your question, there were a lot of supporters of the program who indeed thought they had a chance against Sullivan.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OldHatchetHog76 said:

The glorious part of the post-season is you never know who's gonna show up on the gridiron. Great example from around the area would be Bosse back in 2010.

All Washington wanted was the chance to play. When you don't have a lot of post-season success in your history, the opportunity to play for a sectional title is paramount for your program. So to answer your question, there were a lot of supporters of the program who indeed thought they had a chance against Sullivan.

Agreed. Last I checked, the underdog still shows up to play. 

Hate to hear that the Hatchets' misfortune has carried over to 2021. Tough way to start the year. Not sure if they can find an opponent this late in the week.

22 hours ago, 2017statechamps said:

Did the hatchets actually think they had a chance last year before Covid got them?  Personally I think its saved them from an arse beating!

Their sectional isn't quite the meat grinder ours is....that sectional is really up to just about anyone.  The beating would have came in regional for whoever came out of that sectional.

8 hours ago, OldHatchetHog76 said:

1 special run could also help jump start a program 

look at Gibson Southern.  Before Coach Hart we had never even won a sectional in football….but that 2012 season we managed to win back to back OT games over Vincennes and Memorial to capture our first sectional title.  Coach Hart is an amazing coach don’t get me wrong, but even he credits that first year where the team bought in and came together to the jump start of the program.

sometimes all you need is a little momentum.  Looking forward to seeing Washington and other teams try to make that next step and maybe bring home some hardware 

• Like 1